CHRR

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
RickO
Re: CHRR

Postby RickO » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Thank you Pete great captures! This event is on my bucket list.
Looks like Henry G/Jon Capps win with the best backup girl award!!!!! :wink:
RO
Texas Yankee

RPM

Postby RPM » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 pm

GREAT event, definately the best one so far. The Nitro Funny Cars were the hit of the event. Now all we need is a 16 car field of Fuel Altereds. :P

Shot about 1200 pics. here are a few.

morebetter99

Postby morebetter99 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Great photos!!!!
Thanks for sharing... :D
Pete Gemar

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Yes! They are great! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:41 am

Just got back in town last night. We left Ca 6AM on Monday, I walked into my place Tues evening. I had a blast, we got the car to really haul the mail. I am told that was just the third car to run a 5.50 in nostalgia top fuel. Frank and Deb the car owners are great people and I was glad to be a small part of their weekend. The last two times I was along we set a track record, on an early shut off run, and were low qualifier in both sessions of qualifying at Bakersfield. It is pretty neat to have a very fast hot rod.

I got to be the piston rack guy. It only got one piston all weekend. It would usually just tighten up a couple of ring lands, the rest came out unhurt! 8)

Great photos posted here, and good to see my friends in Ca again. 8)

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 am

Pepsi cans were the order of the weekend. I had one stashed over closer to the parts washer there on the end of the bench,,,but well with-in reach. :D

We made it to the semi's by the way. It dropped a couple of cylinders at the hit, and we got out run by Jack Harris, who is the series champ again this year. Our car ran a 5.90 I believe, and just was a tick quicker. I can't believe the mph these cars run in the 1/8th mile,,,212 mph! 8)

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

morebetter99

Postby morebetter99 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 am

Kind of hard to tell from the photo, but see for yourself the dropped cyls...Bummer!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks for posting the colorful photographs... The Altered scene looked alive and well at the National Hot Rod Association's 20th annual California Hot Rod Reunion event... The "RAT TRAP" and the "WINGED EXPRESS" appear to be wowing the crowd in spectacular fashion-- Short wheelbased Altereds never fail to keep drag fans at the edge of their proverbial seats... And the blue "JUNGLE JIM" Camaro, I know from first hand experience, can be quite a healthy handful of Nitro burning whoop ants wrapped up in flip-top fiberglass-- I've seen the car a couple of times at E-Town, and when its charging down the drag strip, running on all eight cylinders, it can be one h*ck of a rush... It's good to see that the Nostalgia drag racing scene is managing to maintain a degree of mainstream popularity among racing fans-- It's certainly important for the history of the sport, that the "old school" contingent doesn't get lost in the "warped speed sauce" of today's brand of modern drag racing-- While these cars aren't necessarily capable of the ETs and speeds that we're seeing from the more current crop of nitro hot rods, I still firmly believe the "old school" deserves to have its place in the sport of drag racing... This is a "good thing" in my opinion... And kudos to NHRA for making Steve Gibbs the honorary grand marshal... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

RPM

Postby RPM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:20 pm

This event is Alive and Well!!! It was the biggest year to date. For those that have never been, you need to make it a goal to attend this event at least once. We are getting to a point in time where we are loosing our history. While more and more cars are being found and restored, those that originally built and raced these cars are leaving us at an alarming rate. The list of those that have passed away in just a year was overwellming and seemed to go on forever. :cry:

Here are a few more shots.

And here is another shot of the Crop Duster with dropped cylinders.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Great stuff, RPM! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”