Slick Vic/ Veneys Vega/ "Stained Class" A/Fuel Injected Nitro

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
SLICK VIC
Re: Vics Vega/ Slick Racing

Postby SLICK VIC » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:43 pm

:shock: ,.......WildCat you are just,..well a WildCAT..lol...looks fast and mean and should get the job done very well now,..Thanks

Well,........what a long drawn out two weeks of rain and racing helping my good buddy Clint Thompson try and win the Div 6 Championship.

The battlling was awesome and the competitors were very tough and it all came down to one race, Gasperrelli needed to lose first round and for Clint to
win the whole race,....From out of the Div 6 Northwest 3 of the top top alky funny cars went east to claim what we could and the battle tightened even closer
when Clint Thompson and Brian Hough both showed up in Nobel Oklahoma on Thursday ( the first thursday) with an experimental test session on thursday we found something to look forward to next year to really step it up, but on Friday 1 st round of qaulifying it was back to what the car tuner new at the time.
The Nobel track was tight in the first half and loose with bumps by mid track, and although at this point of my dilerium I cant recall exact et`s we qaulified number 5 by on Saturday with shaking pedaling passes followed up with tire spinning smokey qaurter mile passes.
Later in the afternoon on saturday the rains came and the water got beneath the rubber and it lifted creating scabs and patches of un racable track surface
and even with the hard effort to get back to raciing for sunday it rained 4 inches threw out the night, Monday tuesday and early wednesday was spent with completely scrapping off all the rubber and then dragging and applying a fresh new rubber for the surface. So after 1 week of Nobel we went into eliminations on thursday, so now with the reschedule for thursday the only cars remaining where the #1,2,3,& 5 Roger Bateman, Vern Moats, Brian Hough, and Clint Thomson,..so it pretty much was all of the remaining firts round apponents had left and we would either all get a first round single, or would get paired up based on the latter and start the elims with the semifinals...but,..an alternat Williams showed back up to fill the #4 spot and we were to be the only car with a match up and the other three cars would get singles(test),..we won our first round defeatting Williams and now moved on to race Roger Bateman in the semis which turned into a weak shake peddling loss,..Vern Moats took out Brian Hough, and in the finals Bateman defeated a hard charging Moats for the win.
We still had a chance at the championship by going to Reynolds Georgia where a already parked and pitted Steve Gasperrelli who came all the way across the United States with the thought of an easy race to secure more on his chasmpionship would get a big surprise and have to battle it out with what would be one of if not the biggest Alcohol funny car fields Reynolds Georgia raceway has seen and I dont know how many years.
So we loaded up and got on the road by 7 pm thursday and made it 970 miles to Reynolds by 10:30 friday evening and set up and going to bed by 12:15.
Twelve alcohol funny cars on hand and 3 all the way from the northwest to finish the battle and chasing the points,..this was it do or die.
The track looked great and appeared to have extreme bight, we hopped it up and it blew the tires off right at the hit,..strike 1,......Q2 we softened up
a little and began using the MSD powergrid to calm it down at certain points of the track,..it worked,..well sorta,..the short times showed a stought mid to high 5.60`s run,BUT, just around at half track the sumbitch started shooting ducks,..twice and only managed a 5.84 i think that left us #6 going into eliminations in another two hours, we serviced and did are usuall turn around and used the remaing hour trying to find the problem, we changed the points box, re set all the buttons and knobs but still could tell something wasnt right,..this was it...Hail Mary time it was either going to run a low .60 or better or we would be denied and championship from a malfuntion piece of MSD crap power grid box, so were faced off with Mark Billington for first round and it is now 9 pm, both the cars left on identicle.074 lights and clint pulled away from Mark with ease and then it happend,..ducks,..ducks,..ducks,..ducks, basically the ignition retard system out the msd box killed the complete ignition about 4 times between 3.55 seconds to 5.1 seconds the heads squrted header flame pops and raw fuel on and off on and off and Billington got the win,..Brian Hough also lost first round, but Gasperrelli won his race,...Game Over.

Short but sweet report,..oh and I managed to kick ass for the last week doing the top and bottom end with a blowed out left shoulder, it has taken me almost an hour just to type this out if you get the drift of pain and lack motion with spell check,...lol.

So I flew out yesterday from Atlanta for home and finally last night I mean this morning 1am made home and will begin recouperating.

a bit more later

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Great report, Vic. Sorry it didn't work out... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for the report Vic.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:45 am

Good read Vic. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 am

That trip took a lot of dedication and hard, hard work. You guys did good. Better luck next season...looks to me like you guys can take home the trophy with some good breaks here and there...great report, Vic! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 am

Howdy Howdy,..yes I am back,..well sorta......A quick View of the New Miller Towing & Recovery fleet of trucks.

Sorry these pics are not of some new shiny Funny Car I pulled out from one of my sleeves,..I figure in two years I will be back in the seat again

The newest truck a Medium Duty 1999 International 4700 w/Jerr Dan aluminum 19.5ft shark bed and wheel lift.

And of course my Truck #1 in the fleet a Light Duty 1995 Ford F-450 w/ Holmes 4402b and wheel lift

Heading off to some action up the road after the 1st round of snow

:)
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

23t

Re: Vics Vega/ Slick Racing/ Miller Towing

Postby 23t » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 am

Nice Vic!!! 8) 8) And again, good luck on your venture!!!

draglist
Site Admin

Re: Vics Vega/ Slick Racing/ Miller Towing

Postby draglist » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Awesome fleet. Glad you are out there looking out for your neighbors. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”