World Series

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
World Series

Postby animal jim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:04 pm

:D It was great seeing Bill Pratt and friends from east. And Wildgirl. WOW! What a blast. Too bad Zeke called it off. :(

Here is wierd sh-t. :shock: I started racing the very day Armstrong stepped on the moon. 7-20-69. And won D1 Hot rod Class at Oswego, IL. with my Big Animal 57 Merc. At World Series during a winning launch VS Arnie Zeke quits. Dead. Aug 26th 2012. Armstrong had died that very moment! :cry:

OOOOhhoooooeeeeee!!!!BOOOO!
It has been quite a ride!

draglist
Site Admin

Re: World Series

Postby draglist » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:52 pm

It was so great visiting with you, Jim. Sorry I missed Wildgirl, but will meet her one of these days. After all, we'll be back there next year. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Jim,I enjoyed meeting you,at the track and later in the lobby of the motel.That was a lot of fun.
About the Neil Armstrong thing?Yes that is weird sh*t :D
Boyd

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:56 am

I know that WILDGIRL of WFMU-FM fame was happy to see you again, Jim, we all shared great times back when you'd run at Englishtown with the United States Super Circuit... Bill, I hope you get to meet her someday-- She's one of the best folks I know who possesses a REAL appreciation for drag racing and rock 'n' roll (she's definitely one of the "good" and "sane" people I've come to know in this life)... And thanks to "Animal" for the "weird" history lesson, demonstrating the strange synchronicity between a NASA space hero and a couple of mammoth sized Mercs... I posted a pic of WILDGIRL that she gave me in '95-- It shows her superb spirit... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

"WILDGIRL"-- A gal who has done so much for Big Stick, Drag Racing Underground, Pro Mods, Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (E'Town) and Drag Racing in general-- She's a class act responsible for the success of so many...
copyright Drag Racing Underground video and image archives.
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

:D Wild Girl is one of!

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Animal, was great meeting you (a true legend in the sport) and talking about the old days at Dragway 42 and the AHRA days. Keep that Merc running strong.

OD

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm

... And I think you're aware that WILDGIRL was and always will be one h*ck of an "Animal Jim" fan... She used to talk and hype up your game, and constantly be singing your praises on her very popular WFMU-FM radio show... Yeah, she sure liked yappin' about "Animal"!!... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

She is my gal. Just like you Diana! 8) :D

Return to “What's Up”