DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2015

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
pro70z28
Re: DRAGLIST NATIONALS 2015

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 am

Shots from Thursday evening's festivities.

DLN Thursday 1.jpg
DLN Thursday 1.jpg (95.4KiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 2.jpg
DLN Thursday 2.jpg (1.64MiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 3.jpg
DLN Thursday 3.jpg (2.21MiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 4.jpg
DLN Thursday 4.jpg (2.08MiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 5.jpg
DLN Thursday 5.jpg (851.54KiB)Viewed 1700 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:16 am

and some more
DLN Thursday 6.jpg
DLN Thursday 6.jpg (1.15MiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 7.jpg
DLN Thursday 7.jpg (1.61MiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 8.jpg
DLN Thursday 8.jpg (1.37MiB)Viewed 1700 times
DLN Thursday 9.jpg
DLN Thursday 9.jpg (993.15KiB)Viewed 1700 times

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:15 am

GREAT shots Pro, Thur. was fun. Fri. we all split up and did more sight seeing. LL & I had the pleasure of sharing the day with Boyd & Susan. We checked out one town then wound up on Solomon Island. Saw boats, lots of planes/jets, saw jelly fish, and had lunch before heading back to Waldorf.
In the evening we went to Virginia for a great feast & medieval comedy play. The whole gang made it there, and it was big fun. Later we enjoyed a live concert by Daryl & WildCat 1. With singing by BP, and Denise. An OUTSTANDING time.
Tomorrow it's drag race time, @ Maryland International Raceway, for their Legends at Budds Creek nostalgia event. We have one member racing, and I'm predicting a personal best for Daryl. I think his altered is gonna run about 8.74 @ MIR's low alt. track.
Getting late, nite all.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:29 am

Am I good or WHAT ?? Nailed my prediction dead on. Anyway we had a SUPER time at the track. Sunshine, low wind, low humidity, sea level track,
OUTSTANDING seating, food, cold drinks. Other than being IN a race car, it could not have been better. Very good racing, only one big mishap, a
nostalgia FC blew in the lights and the body lifted clean off, landed in one piece on the grass outside the wall. Driver A-OK.

Got to meet, and have a VERY nice visit with BUNNY BURKET. She took her time with us, posed for pics with each of us, autographs, hugs, the works.

Ended the night with a late snack at the SILVER DINER. Said farewell to Heidi & Daryl as they are hitting the road very early, safe trip friends.

Sun 9.30 all the rest meet for the traditional Farewell Breakfast, then hit the trail for our home states and provinces. Safe travel all.
(I'm already startin to miss this wonderful bunch of folks)

star date 2015 DLN X

Ya know, I just thought.....the DLN 10 truly did live up to it's name..........It really was.................MONUMENTAL!!!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:12 am

A few shots from the track Saturday.
DLN Saturday 1.jpg
DLN Saturday 1.jpg (88.93KiB)Viewed 1677 times
DLN Saturday 2.jpg
DLN Saturday 2.jpg (110.73KiB)Viewed 1677 times
DLN Saturday 4.jpg
DLN Saturday 4.jpg (70.88KiB)Viewed 1677 times
DLN Saturday 5.jpg
DLN Saturday 5.jpg (108.55KiB)Viewed 1677 times
DLN Saturday 6.jpg
DLN Saturday 6.jpg (107.47KiB)Viewed 1677 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:00 am

Bunny Yesterday
Bunny 1.jpg
Bunny 1.jpg (48.2KiB)Viewed 1677 times
Bunny 2.jpg
Bunny 2.jpg (95.16KiB)Viewed 1677 times
Bunny 3.jpg
Bunny 3.jpg (107.99KiB)Viewed 1677 times
Bunny 4.jpg
Bunny 4.jpg (126.39KiB)Viewed 1677 times
Bunny 5.jpg
Bunny 5.jpg (73.55KiB)Viewed 1677 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:01 am

couple more
Bunny 6.jpg
Bunny 6.jpg (55.53KiB)Viewed 1677 times
Bunny 7.jpg
Bunny 7.jpg (91.81KiB)Viewed 1677 times

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Fabulous shots, Gary! Really captured the spirit of the event, as Zappy did with his words. So many great memories. Denise and I were thrilled to have everyone visit and we look forward to the next one. The place will be mighty quiet without the Draglist crew around! Thanks again to Royce Miller for the hospitality at MIR. Thanks to Gary Spear for doing the great T-shirts, banner, decals, and photo coverage! So much went on that it's hard to remember it all. Before I forget, here is a list (day to day, as Draglist members straggled in)...

Saturday night, 9/12 - Boyd and Susan wrapped up a fun weekend in Ocean City, Md., and then met us for dinner at the Silver Diner

Sunday, 9/13 - Old Town Annapolis, Md., with Boyd and Susan. Lunch at Pusser's at dockside in Annapolis, shopping and sightseeing, and then dinner at Mike's Crab House on the water in Riva, Md.

Monday, 9/14 - Boyd and Susan met me downtown after I wrapped up some morning meetings, lunch at the District Chop House, followed by the Crime and Punishment Museum, and LIVE attendance at the Racin & Rockin Radio show at my house

Tuesday, 9/15 - The National Zoo with Boyd and Susan and then Jack and Sharon Garl joined the party and we had dinner at Mama Stella's

Wednesday, 9/16 - Tour of the Capitol Building and Native American Museum with Boyd, Susan, Jack, and Sharon. And then Daryl and Heidi, Gary and Jeff, and Zappy and Linda joined the party and we did dinner at Longhorn Steak House

Thursday, 9/16 - Everyone went down to see a tour of the US Bureau of Engraving, lunch at Cafe 12 (overran the joint) and then the afternoon at the Holocaust Museum, followed by an Italian feast at the Pratt house that night. Neighbor Wayne joined us but Wildcat One's plane was late and he missed everyone. But we sent a car and he arrived later and he and BP visited that night.

Friday, 9/17 - A little bit of a rest day. Daryl and Heidi went to look at Dodge Challengers. Zappy, Linda, Boyd, and Susan enjoyed the Maryland coastal towns of Leonardtown and Solomons Island. Jack and Sharon Garl joined BP, Jason, and John for a nice light afternoon sushi lunch at Kobe. Later, we all went to Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, to catch the Medieval Madness show and feast at John Strongbow's Tavern. Tia joined the group for that. Afterwards, many went back to BP and Denise's house for more chat and a live jam session featuring Daryl, John, Denise, and BP.

Saturday 9/18 - A beautiful day at MIR with great hospitality by Royce Miller and the use of his personal suite in the tower. We were joined by Ohio Dave Oakes, Tia's fiancee Greg, BP's friend Will from work, and Wayne's son Frank and his girlfriend Chelsea. Afterwards, some of the crew went back to the Silver Diner and some came back to BP and Denise's house for leftover Italian.

Sunday, 9/19 - Sunday was our traditional goodbye breakfast at the Golden Corral, followed by fond farewells.

What a week! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm

TRIP UP-DATE:
The Sun. farewell breakfast kinda turned into a brunch as it is SO hard to say goodbye. I believe we stayed nearly 3 hrs. It has become one of the HI points of these gatherings. after the meal & some GREAT conversation, (with a lump in our throats) it was time to it the road, and get to the airports.
This group that BP has assembled has become MUCH more than just drag racing. SURE we all love the drags, don't get me wrong, but we have become close, & dear friends. It's hard to put into words, it's special, it's unique, it's...............
Now I understand the meaning of the term, YA HAD TO BE THERE

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:08 pm

You are right about that, Zappy! Denise and I did a little shopping after everyone left and then I took a nice two-hour nap! Got up and started to get back on the diet and exercise bandwagon with a five mile run around my neighborhood (although the exercise part has not been a problem because we've walked more than 10 miles a day while sightseeing every day!) Hope everyone is getting home safely and looking forward to the next one! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Draglist Nationals”