Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Took a few days but my leg now looks like I dipped it in an ink well from my waist down to about 6" below the knee. :oops: I don't usually bruise easily so that was a surprise.
First thing I thought of was BP's Doc advise about blood clots. I 'hink I'll make an appointment with the doc. (since I'm 'spoze to schedule a follow up appointment Ann E. Weigh) Probably a goota' thing we're planning to leave the night before. We can take our time & make frequent stops. :idea: :idea:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon May 30, 2016 8:49 am

Good morning

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon May 30, 2016 10:04 am

Morning. Gary the cross looks outstanding but did you stain it? Boyd selling is goota.
The races were good yesterday but Rock scattered a motor then I found out later he has had it
in for 8 years!!!!!!!!!! That is just crazy good and on a shoe string budget to boot. It was good to see
Bandit after many years, Bill looked good after the fight with the escalator, Ohio Dave at his usual post on the rail, Bill's sister and brother-in-law, Zappy and LL, Daryl and Heidi, Solid Rock and his crew, Jack Redd (I think Sharon over stuffed him with food), and my brother-in-law Bruce had a wonderful time. I asked him what was the highlight of the day and after some thought he told me that watching Sharon and I in conversation with all of the above friends. Yes the races are something special but all of you hold a special place in our hearts. God bless all of you. 8)

Sharon and her silver haired Gorilli here. :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 am

Jack, I put a clear coat of rubberized sealant on the top surfaces of the cross. They put a sealer coat on the rest using the same stuff that was used on the building cedar. I found out yesterday they don't have the lights wired yet, (maybe this week), so goota' thing I didn't sit around waiting for the lights to come on Saturday night. lol. :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon May 30, 2016 6:38 pm

WEEKEND RACE REPORT : The GLNFCC Funny Car Nationals in Salem Ohio was, OUTSTANDING !!! I got to talk with Brett Kepner and he verified that this event had more FC's then the March meet, & the California Hot Rod Reunion. So in my book, that makes it THE LARGEST nostalgia event in the country. WOW !!! Way to go Denny.

Along with Brett, I got to say hi to Bunny. Bandit was there, and that is always a great time. Ohio Dave on the wall taking shots, (the only photog )
Gorilli & Sharon were there and that's also a great time. Daryl & Heidi not only there but, opened their trailer / pit area to the "D"-Listers for some much needed shade & a place to cook, talk, and refresh. (Special thanks you two, very generous & much appreciated ). I got to see & talk with Jack Redd, always interesting & informative. Our grand poobah Bill was there and surprised us with a "pop-up" visit from EMILY !! How cool was THAT?

Another surprise guest was our own Barb !! Yes NO ONE knew she was coming. It was great seeing & talking with her. (PS) just don't let her pull yer leg) :wink: :wink:

BP, allowed me to be the guide for his sister Judy & her Bill. I sat behind them so it was easy to talk. I explained & pointed out the 1/8 mile & 1/4 mile finish lines, provided them with ear plugs, and toured the water box with them, where we were summoned up to the tower so she could see her brother in action with Brett.

Jack & Sharon had her brother with them & just like Sharon, Bruce was wonderful. We got to enjoy a super meal after the race with them at Texas Roadhouse. We also got to meet & enjoy Rocky's friend Willie Johnson driver of "NO MONEY-NO FUNNY" injected nova FC. He is a Jersey boy thru& thru and a lot of fun. Speaking of Rocky, it's always great to see him & crew Bear & Terry. Unfortunately Rocky had some breakage on his second burn-out Sunday. After he gets home and tears down he'll probably fill us in on the details.
The only way I was able to tear away from this group is the fact that i'll see them again in just 3 weeks !!! Be safe & GOD bless

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Beautiful work as usual, Gary. Take care of that leg!

Great news on the parts, Boyd! Sorry about the rain, but sounds like it was successful!

Had a wonderful Funny Car Nationals with the Northern Ohio (and Michigan) Draglist crew! It felt so much like a DLNs that we started to think this same event next year would be an ideal spot for the official 12th DLN. What does everyone think? We certainly have our share of Ohio natives to guide us to fun stuff and the venue can't be beat!

Thanks so much to the gang for showing Judy and Bill around while I kept track of race stats for Bret and Denny. It was so much fun sharing that event with them. Unfortunately, Nancy and Zak couldn't make it as Zak got called into his Little Ceasar franchise to meet with a supplier. Story of his life! Maybe next year... Em surprised us with a nice visit on Saturday. That was great. I thought she might come on Sunday with Nancy but she just showed up. Of course, she joined right in with the Draglist crew!

Sharon stuffed me with a huge plate of food (but she didn't have to twist my arm too much!) I had two cookies, even! And Heidi's "peanut butter crack fudge" was unreal! That's my name for it, anyway. I had more bread and sweets this weekend than the entire previous month of May, but it was worth it! Nice to meet Bruce, too.

It truly was a super weekend and so much fun to visit with my dear friends (at least some of them)! Looking forward to BG! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Tue May 31, 2016 6:41 am

Fun, fun weekend (well, all except for the Evil Mach 1 incident). Super hot on Saturday but a little more manageable on Sunday. Got to visit with some pretty entertaining people and it was good to have Jim back on Rocky's crew again. Rocky and his guys put a pretty good hurting on my Reese cup fudge (aka crack) and the Draglist gang finished it off, which was perfect because I didn't want to bring any of it home. And BP, Linda says I need to bring it to the Draglist Nats. :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 am

Morning. I love reading about the things we did and remembering all the fun and conversation. I stayed away from the "crack fudge" except for a little nibble from Sharon's. YYUUUUMMMMMM! Of course Sharon and I are all in for Funny Car Nats and DLNats 2017 at Quaker. We can set up a bunch of options for stuff to see and places to go for the group, that is with LL approval of course, as she is the official DLNats tour guide. Sharon and I didn't hit the hay till about midnight and I was just wore out. We slept 10 hours and did nothing all day. I need some extra strength Geritol to take with me to the DLN's in a few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Daryl had the supreme spot with his trailer under the large pine trees for the Draglist North Coast Headquarters.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue May 31, 2016 11:19 am

Good Morning

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue May 31, 2016 11:40 am

Ok, that's it, I was proud of myself for resisting HCF (Heidi's Crack Fudge) but I can't stand it NO MORE. I'm getting me some of that in BG.
Here we haven't even got started with BG, and we are already planning next years event location. I guess we really do enjoy being together.
Well this is an outstanding event, on a holiday weekend, making it convenient, so put LL & me down for voting for the 2017 DLN 12 to be in Salem Ohio. More of a chance of us having a "Staging" area, that won't be possible in BG because of the size of the event. (just my opinion)

Return to “What's Up”