Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:17 am

Mornin'. Cheryl took off for Iowa this morning to do a wellness check on her folks, so I'm batchin' 'til Sunday.
67.1°f and sunny again today. Lawns are turning brown, so we're looking for rain.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 am

Morning. 63/85 with possible severe storms after 3:00 PM. Greetings to Boyd today and prayers as always.
I went for an Ultra Sound on my kidney and bladder yesterday then stopped for lunch on the way home. By the time I got back it was almost in the 80's and I went inside after watering some of the garden flowers to keep them from expiring from all the sun and heat. We have a touch panel on the front of our electric stove to control all the oven heat, light and timer features and it recently dropped some of the numbers from working to set the heat level. I had purchased an extended warranty when we bought it and the control panel has already been replaced once at no cost to me so I tried to find a replacement and it is going to be anywhere from $100 to $240. Did some more research and found that the contact points on the ribbon cable that attaches to the main panel gets dirty and it may only be a removal and clean the contact points with a pencil eraser so we will try that first. The reviews on the replacement panels range from very good to a disappointing level where they only worked for a short period of time so the dirty contact points may turn out to be the culprit. Gas company is coming to check out our neighbor lady's meter today so I have to be there between 12 and 4 to let them in so I hope they make it early. Sharon and I did some back porch sitting last night in practice for when she retires at the end of August. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Thanks for the great post about our friend Boyd, Jack.

Love to Boyd and Susan and to all. BIll
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Oh my gosh Jack I’ve been over whelmed with emotion. Ever since I read your post. I’m stuck for words. Thank you It is heart warming to learn the effect that a person has had on others. Something that has occurred to me. Some people tell that they are praying for a miracle. While that would be wonderful, maybe this last year has been my miracle The Doctor hasn’t given up yet. Love to you all

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:49 am

A chilly 57.2°f this morning. Still not a cloud in the sky.
Thinking about You and Susan every day Boyd.
Been thinking about past DLN's and our many adventures over the years. I'm glad we decided to get together the first time all those years ago. As technology moves along and things like facebook gain popularity, forum traffic seems to be tapering off on most boards. Yet we seem to be a stronger group as time passes. We have a bond that I believe would continue, even if the internet shut down. The common love of Drag Racing brought us together, but the relationships that have grown out of this group are the real treasure.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 am

Oh my gosh Jack I’ve been over whelmed with emotion. Ever since I read your post. I’m stuck for words. Thank you It is heart warming to learn the effect that a person has had on others. Something that has occurred to me. Some people tell that they are praying for a miracle. While that would be wonderful, maybe this last year has been my miracle The Doctor hasn’t given up yet. Love to you all
Boyd, I had a friend that worked with me who got Multiple Sclerosis and he was losing his strength so I had to help him do his job so that he could remain on the payroll. I told him one day that this disease was a blessing in a way and he just stopped and looked at me like I was nuts and asked me why I said that. I told him, " George, most people never get to know those who actually love them and here you are with all your close friends helping you out to get through this rough time in life and knowing that they really care about you." He never said anything till about an hour later and replied, "Yes, many, many people had stepped up to the plate and batted for him while he was down and some that he barely knew."
I have made it a priority to tell those that I love how I feel for as I have said before, "No man is guaranteed tomorrow so tell those you love now and you won't regret it." Boyd, we may not be physically next to you but you are in our hearts and on our minds and don't you ever forget that.

65/80 with overcast skies and possible rain in spots. Sharon and I are taking the four year old neighbor girl to the Akron Zoo today and we will have her till 6:30 when her mom gets home. I don't know if I have enough Geritol on hand to get me through the day so if I go MIA for a couple of days don't worry as I will be ordering a new body.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:59 am

Good morning. It’s sunny here. Very hot I’m told 90’s. I felt well enough yesterday that I was disconnected from the wall and Susan,son Aaron and daughter Karly took me for a walk. Outside for a bit. Then a rest in the lobby. Friday and I’m missing another coffee meet. From the hospital I can almost see the A&W lol

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Thanks for the wonderful posts. I agree that we have something very special here. Folks have come and gone but I'll go for quality over quantity anytime. Our love to all. Bill
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Got a call from a friend of mine asking if we'd like to go halves on a beef again. He shows livestock at the State Fair and will be at the auction this weekend. I said sure, then decided now might be a good time to replace the freezer down in the dungeon that gave up a few weeks ago. I just unboxed it and set it up and was surprised by warning labels both inside the unit and outside that said WARNING THIS UNIT USES FLAMMABLE REFRIGERANT. Then it goes on to warn NOT TO USE MECHANICAL DEVICES TO DEFROST and DO NOT PUNCTURE REFRIGERANT LINES. Two actions that honestly, hadn't even occurred to me until I read, DO NOT DO THAT. (but, 1 or more people have apparently).
I didn't realize refrigerant was flammable. Is that just the new stuff or has it always been? Back when I charged Auto A/C, nothing was said in school about it being (explosive) flammable. They did however, impress upon us that being exposed to heat turned freon into a deadly gas. A heavy gas that could and would find it's way into low places, like a grease pit, and adversely affect anyone working in the grease pit in a very serious way, very quickly. So, don't let the freon get sucked into the carburetor, they said! (Notice the reference to ''letting freon escape'' and a vehicle with a ''carburetor'', sort of dates my A/C experience).

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Great news Boyd, that you were able to get out for a bit and enjoy the outdoors.

Return to “What's Up”