Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 am

Morning folkz. 66/81 with possible showers..... that's starting to sound like a broken record only it never seems to rain. We had a brief shower on Wednesday but that has been the extent of moisture for several weeks now. The ordered fuel pump for the 84 truck turned out to be the wrong one so I ordered it again today. Took the right front tire off as the valve core was leaking so I took it to get that fixed and reinstalled it back on the truck so now all the tires are holding air. Stopped at the local farmer's market and picked up several dozen of sweet corn and a quart of green beans that we will prepare for freezing to have this winter. Called the insurance lady to confirm the purchase of the Mercury and now I have to go get the title registered as a salvage title before they will send me a check for the Mercuiser. Sharon and I went for supper last night and stopped for ice cream on the way home before we spent the last of the evening on the back porch enjoying this mild weather. Sharon and I are taking her mom out for breakfast this morning and returning home to weed the gardens before the heat sets in today. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 am

Mornin'. Starting out @ 64.8f, not a cloud in the sky. 7 day forecast calls for possible rain next Wednesday. Sending love & prayers to Boyd & Susan.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:10 am

Not much going on here .Ate sleep swim around the are sleep swimming around us bowl

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:34 am

Hi Boyd.
64.2°f and sunny.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:51 pm

I worked on the Dust boot for the CNC today. I'm cutting some billet aluminum for spacer blocks. It takes awhile to cut that stuff, so I let it run. Went back out later and the shop smelled like the bleach box at a DLN's event. :lol: :lol: The belt burned through, (factory original 20+ years). When the belt finally failed the motor dropped back to the stop, or in that direction anyway. The motor pulley melted through the plastic belt guard. Plastic was dripping on the floor. :oops: No Flames, but plenty of smoke. I went to the hardware store and got the closest one, but it's a couple inches too long. It's working, but it's to the end of the adjustment and on the slowest pulley speed. Any other grooves and the belt doesn't engage. There might be another trip to Menard's in store, after Church again tomorrow. That seems to happen a lot on Sunday afternoons. :idea:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Evening folkz. Glad to hear from you Boyd. Up to 84 today after a mid 60's start with mucho sunshine. Sharon and I stopped for breakfast at the Daily Grinds coffee shop for a light meal then off to her eye exam and a short visit to the grocery store. Back home before we left for Canton and I took her to what I thought was going to be a flower show at the Canton Garden Center but it turned out to be not as I had expected. It seemed to be a gathering of old ladies who had nothing more to do than create something to take up their time so that was a bust but Sharon liked it anyways. We had some time to kill so we stopped at a movie theater to take in a flick but nothing really appealed to us. We stopped at the Subaru dealer and wanted to look at the new Ascent and ended up driving it and we both were suprised at the ride and handling. Wow, those things have every gizmo in the world on them. Back home and watched some TV till supper time and had leftovers from Thursday evening dinner out. We be chillin' for the rest of the day and tomorrow isn't looking good for tasks other than going for pizza with Daryl and Heidi in the evening. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 am

Waiting for Cheryl to get ready for Church. 70.9°f and sunny.Rained yesterday, but just enough to raise the humidity, no puddles.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Grey. No sunrise but I woke up!😂

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Good morning, everyone! Good news from all.

Went out on a boat with some work friends on Friday. Used Saturday to recover a bit! :)

Went shopping with Denise and had a pleasant day.

Trying getting ready for a busy workweek. Denise is traveling to NC to visit a friend so Jason and I will be batching it for the second half of the week. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 am

Morning. 61/83 with possible showers today. Yesterday Sharon and I went to church after breakfast and came home to watch some TV then in the evening we headed out for pizza with Daryl and Heidi and on the way ran into a storm that even made me slow down. It was raining so hard I couldn't see a couple of car lenghs in front of me. Ate pizza and talked for hours before we had to come home and we spent the remaining hours relaxing and talking of the weekends adventures. Daryl and Heidi purchased a Vette to play with and Daryl is fixing it up in the process and working some of the bugs out as he goes. It is arrest me red so he will have to keep his toe out of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “What's Up”