Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 am

Morning. 57/69 today with rain this morning and clearing this afternoon. Saturday's party for Sharon's retirement was a good time and we had about a hundred people there throughout the evening. Setup was quick and we thought the cleanup was going to take forever but with the two ladies she had helping out many of the church members jumped into action and the place was spotless in a matter of an hour. It looked like ants that all knew their job and took care of business. Sunday after church we just chilled and repackaged the leftovers to deliver this week. We are taking Sharon's son back to Columbus today for his flight home and we will get back to normal on our retirement schedule, whatever that is. We don't have it worked out yet so we are dabbling in this and that. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:26 am

Mornin'. 55.2°f to start the short work week. We're planning to try the weekend step building project again this week. Hopefully it will work out better this time. Loading up the truck, getting ready to wrap the service truck. I have to wait for confirmation they have a place for it in the shop before I head that way. They have a habit of saying we'll be ready, then when I get there we have to search for the vehicle out in the yard. :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:50 pm

Congrats, Sharon!

Have fun, Gary and Cheryl!

Chill days in the house this past weekend as it rained both days. Canceled the MIR race on Saturday.

Dale and Ellen and Jack Redd invited us to dinner out on Saturday as consolation but I took a nap and missed it!

Back to work today. Looks like rain all week and some of it heavy. Looking at house protection measures (mild flooding). bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Evening folkz. Yesterday we took Sharon's son out for an Amish breakfast and him and Sharon talked till we had to leave to take him to the Columbus airport for his return flight. We got there about 5:30, said our goodbyes and then went to a oriental restaurant we know of before returning home. Made it about 9:30 and collapsed in the bed.
Up to 69 today but the humidity was very high. Sharon and I stopped for breakfast, the bank, the grocery store, the church to do some weeding, back home and pulled weeds in the garden, mowed half the lawn before I stopped for a llooonnngggg
breather. Off to a friend's house to have dinner and teach him how to use the church's LED sign message program. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Tomorrow night we have a Habitat for Humanity dinner to go to. Then Thursday morning we head for Iowa to build steps. Tomorrow I have a 32ft. trailer to letter and 12 Homeland Security signs to do. And, stop off at the truck place to install a couple small pieces on the service truck wrap job. Should be interesting.
Last edited by pro70z28 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am

Long day today. Taking a quick coffee break, waiting for the sun to burn the dew off the trailer, then back at it. 57.2°f and a foggy sunny. Got everything cut out for the trailer last night. Hope to have it about wrapped up by mid afternoon. Then the 12 Homeland Security Warning signs. Then run to Morris to add those 2 little vinyl wrap pieces I was short yesterday. The wrap stuff has to be done by closing time 5pm as the truck gets locked up in the yard. (Plan B) I can do the wrap stuff tomorrow morning after 7am on the way out of town if the schedule doesn't go as planned. The service truck operator is on medical leave, so I don't have to worry about the truck disappearing last minute. Easter Seal Dinner, (Cheryl & I will be at the Habitat for Humanity table) starts at 5:30 dinner at 6:30, so to kill some time, I'll run to Menards and pick up the list of PVC pipe needed for the CNC vac system. Then off to the dinner & back home to pack tools for the trip to Iowa tomorrow. Hope to be gone early so we can stop at Cheryl's folks before dark and come up with a game plan and materials list. Only 2 days to get the job done.
Hey, by the time we get back from Iowa, the Vacation countdown will be at 26 days. We are both MORE than ready for that. :lol: :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Afternoon folkz. Up to 78 today with some sun but the clouds are rolling in now. Sharon and I went to a meeting that was all about our Health Insurance and how it is going to change depending on what route we take. It was very informative about Medicare, Medicaid and other options but the question and answer portion at the end brought out some very stupid questions so Sharon and I left. Home and Sharon finished the back yard while I edged three properties in the neighborhood. After that we headed back down to the church with the GMC as I had to attach a chain to several plants to rip them out so I can finish the landscaping... or should I say this part as landscaping is never done. I took the leaf blower and cleared all the grass from the sidewalks and we stopped for a sandwich. Sharon had to go pickup the little girl across the street from day care while I had a real live Cops moment on my back porch. The young man I have been trying to help missed his court date and the bails bondsman showed up to put him in hand cuffs and haul him off to jail. I thought I could help him but he has fallen off the wagon several times and it came back to bite him in the butt. I hope this shakes him to his core. Nothing else seems to help. We are going to Red Lobster for dinner and maybe finally relax for an evening. Life is good. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:30 pm

5am start today. Got the lions trailer lettered & it's gone. Got the 12 - US Customs signs done, he'll be by to pick them up while we're gone. Got 3 parking signs & 3 Propane sign done for the trucking Co. Working out on the driveway, I had people stopping by all day long asking for signs. ''Oh, I saw you outside, so I thought I'd stop''. That's goota' usually, but not when your trying to get outta' Dodge. :wink: Then this afternoon a guy called, said he was waiting for the green light call to head down to the Carolinas. Insurance guys said they want him there As soon as they call so he can be there to help with the cleanup. Long story short, he asked if I could letter his trailer. Needs the I.D. to get into the storm damaged areas. (and he couldn't have thought of this sooner because?????????) I said I would be back Monday, but he said that would be too, late, so whatdayado. That's why I'm still here instead of sleepin'. I did get it done, just in time to head to Morris, finish the wrap on the service truck & head off to the United Way dinner. That was goota', came back home, finished a few signs, disaster relief trailer was gone. Pack all the tools for the weekend project in the trunk. 10:30 & time to call it a day. I have 24,550 steps on my step counter. Time for some zzzzzzzzzzzz's I 'hink. :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 am

Off to Iowa. 55.6°f this am.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:55 am

Have a good, safe trip Gary. Too many steps fer me. :lol:
68/86 today where as we had 95 yesterday and it was really muggy outside with dew points in the 70's. We had to take the doggo to the vet to get her teeth cleaned then came home, had a breakfast sandwich, I went for an appointment then headed to my buddy's house and we proceeded to Summit Racing so he could get some header wrap as the heat was boiling his brake fluid in the master cylinder. I hate that place as it makes me drool when I walk in the door! We stopped for a coney and a burger on the way home and I made it back about 2:00. Sharon had delivered her packages of cake and other food stuffs that were leftover from her retirement party and we headed out to pickup our little neighbor at day care. That little girl is so cute and full of life it made me smile, even inside. I can understand why you have children when you are young because they wear you to a frazzle when you are old. After dinner we watched a little TV then ended the day on the front porch with a bag of popcorn to munch on. We partied till 10:30, late for us old folk, and turned out the lights for the night. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”