Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am

Got the last of the signs done. Got a few jobs sitting on the front porch, and have the customers called for pick up. Shop phone is ringing and........ I'M NOT ANSWERING IT !!!! :lol: Got the car all packed except for one carry-on bag, which isn't ready, because, .... you guess it..... I'm waiting for Cheryl.

We'll be tourists in a few minutes. oh boy oh boy. :!: :!:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Happy trails, be safe and keep us in pictures Gary & Lady!
Jack Approved!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Will do Jack. Day 1 we made it to Akron Ohio. Surprised Cheryl when we went out for dinner and just happened to run into Jack & Sharon. :wink:
Had a great time with them. 2,+ hours went by in what seemed like minutes. Turning in, hitting the road again tomorrow. Nightall.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am

Morning. Yesterday mid 40's to start and up to about 50, down to 39 in this early morning then back up to the 50's. We did some yard work on Thursday then were going to mow the lawn on Friday but that didn't happen as we kind of took the day off. Later we meet up with some Gary and Cheryl in Akron and had a late dinner together. Cheryl was totally unaware we were coming for dinner until Sharon put her arms around her. Didn't get much done other than a few garage sales and dinner but had a wonderful day together without all the stress of the past week. Glad to get back to normal this coming week. Sunday is to be nice with temps in the mid 60's and sunshine to clear up all the rain tonight. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:22 pm

We're in Lancaster PA. About 45 min & we're off to dinner and then the musical "Jesus" at the Sight & Sound Theater @ 7pm
Toured the Tabernacle when we got in town. Life size replica of the Israelite Tabernacle. That took an hour, guided tour.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi, Gary, Jack, and Jack! Have a great trip, Gary!

Busy, busy, busy at work and did a sleep in and catching up on work today. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:02 am

Morning folkz. 40/59 today with sunshine and rain following later this evening. Yesterday Sharon took our washing over to her mom's house to use the washer and dryer as our dryer blew a belt and we are waiting for the replacement that is coming this week. She told me she found several picture albums to look at in-between loads to occupy her time and generally just reminisced about her time with mom and their life together. I have been wanting to thatch my front yard and looked into renting a machine but the cost just for me was prohibitive so I asked the neighbors if they wanted to share the cost and I would rent the machines and do all the labor. Nobody responded, even though they want a nicer looking lawn, so I had a little four tine cultivator that is about 4 to 6" wide and did my yard with that. Whew, that took a lot of energy and time but I got it done in a few hours then I mowed and bagged the yard to get rid of the debris. I will mow the back yard this afternoon and plant the remaining bulbs that we received in the mail to finish up. Still have to put down grass seed and compost to get the yard completed but the bulb planting will be done. I have to get the 84 Chevy truck in the garage and get the gas tank inserted so I can get it on the market so that is on the to-do list. Maybe I can get enough space freed up to get the S-10 a spot inside? Have a wonderful time in PA Gary and Cheryl. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 am

Morning. Waiting for Cheryl again. This time at gas station. Off to church. Later.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Have a great Sunday, guys. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:57 pm

After church we went to the Hershey farms restaurant, then took an Amish buggy ride. Now we're back at the hotel deciding where or what to do for dinner. Still not too hungry after the big lunch. Headed down the road In the morning.

Return to “What's Up”