Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Got up in the low 40's today, they're talking 60's by Thursday. EYE Like it. :wink:
Got home from Church, decided I didn't want to sit around watching TV all afternoon, so I thought I'd cut a couple tiles. Before I knew it, I had all but a 1/2 dozen in the corner done. I'll glue em down later, but at least we're a little closer to the end of this project. Did I mention, this isn't as much fun as it was 20-30 years ago.
Master Bath Remodel 3 10 19 2.jpg
Master Bath Remodel 3 10 19 2.jpg (154.78KiB)Viewed 1449 times
Master Bath Remodel 3 10 19 3.jpg
Master Bath Remodel 3 10 19 3.jpg (133.19KiB)Viewed 1449 times
Master Bath Remodel 3 10 19 1 copy.jpg
Master Bath Remodel 3 10 19 1 copy.jpg (268.33KiB)Viewed 1449 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:29 am

Mornin'. 30.6°f. Sure would be nice if this means single digit temps are done for the season. :?: :idea: :!:
Got a good size D order for today, so I won't make much tiling progress today. Maybe tonight if there's any gas left in the tank by then.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:45 am

Morning group. 30/40 today with sunshine as it warms up. Sunday after church Sharon and I decided to remove the old carpet from the steps to the second floor. We thought it should take about an hour but after we started we found out there were two layers of carpet and two layers of padding!!! It took us about two plus hours and when we got done we were both wore out. We went to eat dinner and came home to watch the NASCAR race but several times our eyes got heavy and needed a rest. Whew, that done us both in. Monday rolls around and the temps are in the 40's so we got out the weed eater and removed all the old growth left over from last year, raked it into piles and shoveled it all into several garbage containers. My worn out body parts are refusing to cooperate with my body as of now. We had Lori and Lola over for dinner last night to enjoy hot dogs on the grill, chili and some sugar free dessert. Sharon had bought a few things for Lola and hid them in the dinning room and living room so she could find them in a treasure hunt. Today we have people coming to look at the kitchen cabinets to replace the doors and drawers for us and we need to stop and pickup our taxes so we can mail them in. Hope there is not too much physical labor involved with anything today so we can recuperate. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 am

Mornin'. or forenoon. 42.3°f @ 10:45a. I got up this mornin', mixed up a batch of mud and glued down the rest of the floor tile. All that's left now is the bottom row on the walls. Took a shower to remove a couple layers of thinset :lol: Had an early lunch so now I'm ready to start the day job. Getting ready to laminate and cut out some 4"x4" decals for D. Then home to put road detour signs together. That job will probably last 'til tomorrow afternoon sometime.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Looking good, Gary! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:53 am

Thanks BP. Mornin'. 41.2°f and drizzle to start this Wednesday. Same set up today. Bathroom for awhile, then signs. I have to meet a realtor to mark a sign site, then run to the river to see about lettering a barge. Hope it's not an all day rain. :oops:

I did some overtime last night and got all the const. signs done, so I sorta' have a free morning today.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:51 pm

That must have felt great! We are cranking along here. Em came by last night to do some laundry. We like that as it gives us a periodic visit! Ate some home made ice cream and had a nice chat. She stayed over and drove to work this morning. She likes her new place.

Going to be 70 tomorrow! :shock: And then high sixties the next day! I guess I'd better put these two new bags of ice melt in the garage! :) bp
Bill Pratt

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 am

Morning. Temps in the mid 50's as of now but dropping to the low 30's by tonight. It got up to 75 yesterday with the weather front coming through and the rain was really heavy for about an hour. I was working outside in my T-shirt. Wednesday the carpet guy came to measure for the second floor landing and the steps. My buddy showed up on his way to get more oxygen and we stopped for lunch on the way home. Yesterday Sharon picked up Lola and they went shopping for a few small items before they came home and I swear those two are like sisters. They got home and took our dog Suzie Q for a walk and almost got blown away with the winds of the weather front coming on us. Last night just before the storm hit Sharon and I were sitting on the front porch and had a light and audio show of the lightning flashing and the thunder cracking and the winds blowing every direction
possible. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 am

Mornin'. 35.8°f and rainy. Didn't see the barge yesterday due to rain, but I did get the real estate sites marked. One along the interstate was about a 1/4 mile walk. Started sprinkling on the way back to the truck. Down poured on the way home. Wipers couldn't keep up, started hailing and the wind was pushing the truck around, which takes some doing. Then a couple more miles and the sun was just about to pop through as I pulled in the garage.
Got a couple EEO boards to assemble and a few phone calls to answer and then I hope to spend the rest of the day on the bathroom, unless somebody derails my plans. :oops: A little time today and by tomorrow I could have the tiling done. Allz' left is a little mosaic tile and the bottom row for the walls. That's a job I'd really like to have in the rear view mirror.

Master Bathroom 3 15 19 1.jpg
Master Bathroom 3 15 19 1.jpg (151.78KiB)Viewed 996 times

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 pm

It hit a crazy 75 degrees today. Super windy, though. Went to a teacher appreciation dinner at a local church tonight. It was nice. Have to work this weekend but will open the windows at least. bp
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”