Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 am

Morning. 52/65 today with overcast skies and a damp feel in the air. Well, it is confirmed as we now have a new preacher and he is coming in about three months. He will be here in a few weeks to check out the housing market for his move then he is getting married before he moves so many lose ends to tie up before he gets here. We stopped for breakfast before heading over for church and I was going to stop at Lowes for some stuff after church but forgot and came straight home. Duh! We sat down for lunch and watched the NASCAR race that we recorded the night before from Kansas. Now that was a good race. Sharon's sons both called her to wish her a wonderful Mother's day and she almost burnt their ears off as she hasn't talked to them in a while. Two good boys they are to her. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 am

Mornin'. Sunny clear skies this am, 49.8°.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon May 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Howdy. Had a nice weekend. Both kids were over and we ate and binge watched movies. Hope all our moms had a great day! Cold today! It was 48 when I got up but that's not bad compared to you guys, I guess. Will start that cold tomorrow, too, but will get to 63. Then back to regular temps after that. Got Jay Howell on the radio show in 30 minutes. Should be great. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am

Mornin. Sunny so far. 50.1°f.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed May 15, 2019 7:10 am

Morning folkz. 40/70 for the day so it should be nice later on. Monday I went to my buddy's house and we went for lunch. Tried a new place that had a high rating for burgers in the downtown area and it turned out to be a horrible experience. Everything was saturated in grease and the girl screwed up my order to the max. I ate less than half of my burger and we left. Rave reviews don't always tell the whole truth about a place. I came home and went to rehab then Sharon and I went for dinner. Yesterday Sharon and I went grocery shopping and I tried to pickup some meds but they weren't ready yet so we went home to return in the afternoon and we got our shingles booster shot when we came back along with the meds. Took Sharon to the doctor's office for her high blood pressure and we had to stop again for meds for her. Today, I hope to get the lawn mowed and finish coat the bathroom door before they come on Monday to lay the carpet on the steps. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:07 am

Mornin'. 56.3°f and sunny. If this keeps up for a little longer, I may be able to go out and mark the sign sites for J.U.L.I.E. so I can get the real estate signs installed. They go on a property that's pasture on one end, but a corn field on the other. The corn field side could swallow up the P.U. and trailer if I got out there before it dries out a little more. It would be nice if I could get out there after it's dry, but before they plant, so I don't tear up the corn or beans or whatever they have in mind for this year.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am

68.2°f and sunny. But, it sounds like there's thunderstorms in the forecast for most of next week. I hope to get the real estate sign sites marked today if it's dry enough to get out there. Rain next week may make it tough to get them installed.
Off to letter a water truck and a P.U. this morning & deliver 5 extra water truck sets for installation in Texas. Maybe mow the lawn later if time allows, small group here tonight.
The whole family caravans to Iowa 3 weeks from today. Then five weeks after the Iowa trip is DLN's 14. Time is flyin' by.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi, everyone. Super nice and sunny today after a few cold days. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Change of plans. No marking of the sign sites today. I'd need a mudder truck to get out there now, as the skies opened up big time. Wind, Hail, heavy rain. Tornado sirens went off. There was a house in Seneca (west of us) that lost it's roof, and semis where getting blown over on I-80. When I got home, all was well, just wet. It' looks like it's settling down now.

This is what the sky looked like over the implement dealer's shop (way in the background) as I was leaving. The shop is just south of I-80 and the water tower is just north. About 5 minutes later it let loose.
Aproaching storm pano.jpg
Aproaching storm pano.jpg (103.37KiB)Viewed 1901 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Evening. 40/70 for the day so it should be nice later on. Monday I went to my buddy's house and we went for lunch. Tried a new place that had a high rating for burgers in the downtown area and it turned out to be a horrible experience. Everything was saturated in grease and the girl screwed up my order to the max. I ate less than half of my burger and we left. Rave reviews don't always tell the whole truth about a place. I came home and went to rehab then Sharon and I went for dinner. Yesterday Sharon and I went grocery shopping and I tried to pickup some meds but they weren't ready yet so we went home to return in the afternoon and we got our shingles booster shot when we came back along with the meds. Took Sharon to the doctor's office for her high blood pressure and we had to stop again for meds for her. Today, I hope to get the lawn mowed and finish coat the bathroom door before they come on Monday to lay the carpet on the steps. Stopped at the cardiologist and he told me we are doing another stint as my condition is not improving and I had to take Sharon for a stress test this morning. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”