Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 am

Mornin'. 59.2°f cloudy and rainy.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:13 pm

I had some free time today, so I thought I'd look into buying a tool to pull up boards on the deck out back. There's still tornado damage, so I plan to replace a few beat up boards & a few that had to be sacrificed to get the house fixed up. Yowza', for a few pieces of steel welded together, they sure are spendy. So, I went out to the shop & dug through the iron pile, found what I needed & welded it up. I tried a couple boards and it looks like it'll work pretty goota'. We'll see if it stays dry long enough tomorrow for me to get some of the deck replaced.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri May 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Howdy, everyone. Nice day today at an artificial intelligence conference with our pal Tia. Tomorrow I'm going to help Denise at a school fair/picnic. Have a fun weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:46 am

Mornin'. Off to get breakfast

Watched an hour long documentary last night on Winnebago Indust. Pretty interesting. They followed a motor home through the assembly line from beginning to end. I missed the first few minutes, so I didn't get to see it going through the first building (chassis shop). I worked in the chassis shop back in the mid to late 70's as a welder. My Mom worked in the building known as Big Bertha where most of the documentary was filmed. She assemble wire looms until she retired, about that same timeframe. My brother worked there as a welder in the late 60's early 70's until he went to the service. Cheryl worked in customer service. I transferred to the custom van shop for the last few years I worked there. I painted murals and the mural painters (there were 4 of us at the time) would rotate spraying the finished paint jobs with Del Clear. I'm not sure if they even have a custom van department anymore, I've been out of the loop too long. There's still a lot of cars in the employee parking lot when we drive by on our trips out there, even on Saturdays, so the motorhomes are still in demand anyway.

The sky is clear for now. so I 'hink I'll start pryin' up deck boards.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 am

I remember some of your van murals from way back on the board Gary. Cool stuff. Enjoy yourself bp.
61/83 with rain later on today. Thursday I went to the cardiologist and he told me that I have to have another stint installed on the 31st. He is adjusting my meds to try to lower my Triglycerides so I have to stop and get more meds today. Yesterday Sharon and I spent most of the morning at the church weeding the landscaping and trim up the bushes and we are about to leave to finish it up today. We have several high school graduation parties to go to today and on Sunday we go to Lola's dance recital and a birthday party for our neighbor's daughter. Too much social activities for the old guy!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Yup Jack those were the Good Ol' days. :wink:
winnebago air brush.jpg
winnebago air brush.jpg (257.66KiB)Viewed 1890 times
Got rained out working on the deck, so I took off for Menards to pick up some lumber and stuff. Back at 5:15p and it's down to a drizzle. I'm hoping I can get a few more minutes to work on the deck before dark :30.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Wow, what a great photo! Had fun helping Denise at the Spring School Fair today. Cooked burgers and hot dogs all day. It was a beautiful day and got to 83. Very hot and I got tons of sun. We came back and took showers. Denise headed off to get a pedicure. I laid down on the couch and got a 1.5 hour nap! Enjoy the day. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Thanks BP. That seems like a long time ago..........probably because it is. :lol: :lol:
Got well into the 70's. Dark storm clouds rolled over again today, but not much fell out of them.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 am

Mornin'. 48.9°f to start this new work week.

05/20/19 is the start date for the downtown improvement project. Let the fun begin. :shock:
Broadway 5 20 19 start date 1.jpg
Broadway 5 20 19 start date 1.jpg (322.03KiB)Viewed 1784 times
Broadway 5 20 19 start date 2.jpg
Broadway 5 20 19 start date 2.jpg (172.9KiB)Viewed 1784 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 am

Morning. Need finished photos of downtown when done Gary. How many doggies did you eat bp?
61/74 today with overcast skies all day. Sharon wore the old guy out yesterday with traveling about an hour for church then Lola's dance recital then home for a birthday party and I just said NOPE no birthday party for me. Later we went back for evening services at the church and finally home to relax. I slept all night which is unusual for me and felt like I got run over by a Mack truck when I woke up and only to find a honey-do list waiting for me! Now that is disturbing to say the least. I think she is trying to wear the old guy out? The carpet is coming for the steps and hallway today so that will be a plus and I might get the sunvisors in the new Mercruzer rewired and installed. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”