Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Evening. 51/70 for the day with lots of sunshine and blustery breezes. Yesterday was church and home to relax in front of the TV then back to church for evening services. Today I loaded up the custom wheels for Sharon's Honda and brought them down to clean them up as I am going to remove the winter wheels and install the customs tomorrow. We did some weeding in the garden and sat for a spell talking before I had to go to my buddy's house and we had plans to go eat. He called me and told me that I would have to drive as the fix on his truck transmission line went south. I got to his house and he said that his wife just called and the car won't start where she works. Off we went and when we looked under the hood it was like stepping on to the moon as all the wires and fuses were mind boggling. We called AAA and they told us 45 minutes so we went to eat lunch and came back to wait another half hour before they showed up. Battery is low and has a bad cell so it is time for a new one. I am feeling a lot better with the extra stint and almost back to normal... or as close to normal as I will ever be. I start rehab next week and hopefully will work it out in a short period of time. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:24 am

62.4°f cloudy, rain overnight and it looks like more is on the way.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi, all. Up too late again. Need to hit the sack. Got a big presentation tomorrow at FedTalks DC. Google it to see your pal with a number of other federal leaders. I get to do a panel discussion with some top-level White House and other agency folks for Artificial Intelligence. Using my drag racing announcer chops in the federal IT space! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:25 am

That's a cool deal BP. :idea: :idea: Do photos show up on "FedTalks DC" during or soon after the event?

Woke up to heavy rain (no surprise) but it's sunny and partly cloudy for the time being. 68.4°f. I hope to get the lawn mowed today so I don't have to bale it by the time we get back home Sunday night. I've get a couple EEO boards to finish and 2-3 other small projects, then I plan to get done what I can on the deck. A little here and little there, slow and steady gets the deck rebuilt. :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Evening. 58/68 for the day with rain off and on all day. I was going to wash the S 10 but thought better of it when I found the weather forecast. Sharon and I washed her Honda yesterday and I took the old winter wheels off and put her custom wheels on for the summer. Had to super clean the calipers in the front and the drums in the back as I had painted them red last year. While I was doing that she washed all the windows in and out then I dressed the wheels with Armoral. Looks like a new car it does. I mowed the lawn after we came home as it had forecasted rain today. We stopped at the doctor's office then over to the new Menard's that just opened yesterday to buy some flowers. Back home and we watched the NASCAR race from Pocono that was recorded over the weekend. She went to get her nails done while I planted the flowers and we stopped over to make an appointment to get the tires rebalanced on the Mercruzer. Mexican for supper and came home filled to the top. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Speaking of NASCAR "racing" I plumb missed the NHRA National event at Rt 66 last weekend. :oops: :oops: Too busy gettin' stuff done around the house. I ran into Jerry Clayton at the hardware store this afternoon. We both had home projects to do, and both missed the Nats. Rats.... Maybe next year. :?:

Deck is gettin' closer to a full frame off restoration the further into it I get. Getting close to having the deck boards swapped out.
Deck 6 5 19 2.jpg
Deck 6 5 19 2.jpg (320.69KiB)Viewed 1527 times
I re-lettered a skid steer this afternoon. There's a story there I'll have to share at the DLN's. :wink: Ran to Menards tonight to pick up a little more decking and some odds & ends for painting Cheryl's Folks' deck this weekend. Ethan and Jaden are excited about that job. Don't think they've operated a brush before, so it should be interesting. :wink: :lol: I bought a couple paint buckets and put their names on 'em. Hey, maybe I could do the "Tom Sawyer, Whitewashing the fence" scam, and get the kids to paint it all. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope it doesn't rain, they're about as wet as we are out there.

Heading out in the morning. See y'all later.

LQQKs to be about 37 days 'til DLN's 13.

Oh, and 202 Days 'til Christmas :lol: :lol: :lol: If you're counting.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 am

Mornin'. 66.9°f with partly sunny skies. Today is a "during the week" wait for Cheryl. :lol: I have MY stuff done. :wink:
Got bills paid and saw the new track hoe on the job, diggin' in the mud. Time to hit the road tic toc tic toc. :idea: :arrow:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:23 am

Got the Great Grandparents deck stained and the new Storm door installed. Got the closet doors fixed and remounted the school bell. Today will be strictly an R&R day. We had perfect weather yesterday and there's narry a cloud this morning.e

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 am

Mornin'. Don't have access to a thermometer but it's sunny and mild to start
All that's on the adgenda for today is move the furniture back on the deck and maybe get a few family pics. R&R for the reminder of the day.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Afternoon folkz. R&R is goota.
Started out in the 60's today but topped out at about 80. We watered the flowers as they haven't seen moisture for over three days and we need to keep them alive. Then off to MikeyD's for a sandwich and then we went to drop off some batteries at the recycle and started doing some garage sale hunting. I found two old single carb air cleaners still in the box and shrink wrapped for $10 and Sharon bought dolls and unicorns for her collection. I washed and detailed the Mercruzer yesterday and we took it up to meet Daryl and Heidi for dinner in Wotown. Daryl got an older S 10 four door and made a wooden bed for it after fixing several other things. We came home and sat on the front porch to watch the ever changing sky turn from blue to bright pink and what a show it was. Oh and of the most important things was the free donut on National Donut Day at Dunkin Donuts. I have a picture of Daryl's Little Pete golf cart with the jet engine mounted on the rear and flaming out the back.... what is wrong with that boy!!!!! I'll post it later. Today we came home and had to do some weeding in the flower garden and I then watched the Xfinity race on TV while Sharon rearranged her new finds. :D :D :D

http://www.classycarts.com/home.html

Return to “What's Up”