Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
draglist
Site Admin
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby draglist » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Howdy. Hot today but now we have a thunderstorm. Van is ready to travel. When I was picking Denise up yesterday, the alternator belt on the old white car got tossed off and it wouldn't start! Lucky we were in the car repair parking lot! They pushed it in and we just picked it up. Would have loved to save that expense for after vacation, but we had them give it the once over. Good karma! :)

Got old friend of Draglist Flyin Phil Elliott on the show tonight. Looking forward to that. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm

bp's luck never let's him down!!!!!
I went for a doctor's appointment with my Endocrinologist and she told me my A1C was at 6.1. That's a goota for me but I am taking a shot once a week of Trulicity. Last time it was 7.6 so much improvement for sure. Sharon and I stopped off for breakfast then called her sister to tell her to come to our house to help move all the boxes of mom's stuff for the garage sale. She got here just before it stopped raining and we proceeded to get everything hauled in two loads. I had to go to rehab at 2:00 then came home and discovered my sugar was 71 so we went for an early supper. Back home and I called a buddy of mine to find out who he had hang his garage doors and will be calling that guy tomorrow. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 am

Mornin'. 60.6°f with dense fog. No chance of rain today (per Alexa), but there is a chance of rain each of the next 7 days after that, but only .9" total. So, I may play hooky today and see how much more staining I can get done. That 32+ yr old deck wood is soaking up the stain like a camel consuming water after a long run in the desert. :shock: :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Afternoon folkz. Gary, I see you have all that wood in the corral!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The day started out very good as I took Sharon for her appointment with the cardiologist and he told her that they can probably fix her up with medication and that if needed they will have to shock her back into rhythm. The doctor was really gentle with her as she was so afraid of what may be needed. Found another good one. We stopped for lunch then came back to the Vet's for Suzie's meds and they jumped up $20 from last time. I have two sick females in my household. Sharon's sister stopped and we set up the tables for the garage sale over the weekend then my next to oldest brother called and invited Sharon and I out for dinner. Ham loaf for us tonight. The weekend is looking good for the weather so I hope it holds out for us. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Great numbers, Gorilli! Hope Sharon and her sister feel better soon!

Wrapping up two more action packed days before vacation.

I will literally be out of the office more than in it in July! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Pittsburgh! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Have fun BP. See you in a few days.

I just got done installing the 2 real estate signs out in the field. Man, that was like putting posts in pudding. Got them in, didn't get stuck, so I guess that's a goota' thing.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:47 am

Mornin'. 58.5°f and raining, on this day Alexa said would be dry. :oops: Looks like it might be dry next week though, unless that changes. 1 dry day, I can have the deck stained, then the rest of the project can be done in less than dry conditions. I'm hoping to wrap this job up before DLN's if possible. It would be nice see it in the rear view mirror, so to speak. :idea:
Rainy day today, so it'll be a ''signs day''.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 am

Mornin'. Clear skies and 64.2°f to start. No rain forecast for today, not sayin' we won't get some Ann E. Way.

3 weeks and counting 'til DLN's.14.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 am

Morning. Well the weather is fine and the sun is shining so life is good. The garage sale is in full swing and we are $15 richer than we were several hours ago. Rehab this afternoon then home to cover the tables and close up shop. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:19 am

Mornin'. Cloudy today, 62.5°f with a 40% chance of rain. There are, wait for it, 4 days next week with 0% chance of rain. That's what they're saying for now anyway. So, I plan to get a bunch of non-painting stuff done on the deck this weekend and then finish staining next week. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure would be nice to get this job done before the inevitable hot weather rolls in.

Return to “What's Up”