Tell me about your kids...

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Cool story WC. Kinda' sounds like a sleeper pullin' up to the tree, everybody snickers ...... 'til the light turns green, it's gone and they can't believe what they just witnessed. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:22 pm

I'm certain You've "reached" someone in your classes 'Cat.
You are one talented man.
www.wallybell.com

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:18 pm

Cool story Cat. 8)
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/dougp1972/Chevy_anim.gif[/img]

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:27 pm

:shock: Dang Cat I'm proud of him and he ain't even my kid!!! Where did you get all of your patients? I can't handle little brats they just rub me the wrong way. :D :D

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks, y'all. I am very proud of my boys. They are nothing whatsoever like the kids I'm teaching in that class. I could say I'm blessed with well-behaved children and I suppose I am...but I worked hard to help make 'em that way. The kids in this class for the most part are full of all the latest technological toys and gadgets, they are dressed in high-dollar outfits, their folks bring 'em up in well-to-do SUVs and sedans or sport cars...and they are the most ignorant, uncultured, unmannered and arrogant people I've ever met...and I just spent 48 hours on a bus trip...they may have all this superficial material that their parents thew at them, but what they lack is an inner sense of worth and purpose in life. It comes with being loved, of being nurtured and cared for and of being taught from birth the fundamental values and ideals of being a lovable person. Of being a centered, anchored individual. They have no love. Not a trace of it. They are a collective product of the junk-culture I have grown to loathe. So they react to a serious attempt to change their world or make them consider stepping out of the herd and doing something meaningful with contempt. I've learned a lot more from this class than they have. I really don't want to teach kids their age anymore. 10% of the class does not fit the stereotype I described above. They are wonderful kids and my compliments and best wishes go to their parents. But they are stuck with the other 90% that make life miserable for everyone around them, and in 90% of the class, they are the ones with the most privilege and prejudice. It has left me with a feeling of "What is this world going to be like when these larvae take over? I, for one, hope I'm not around to see it, and I hope my kids can get away from them..." One more class to go. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

G.A.T.

Postby G.A.T. » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:25 pm

I'm sorry I haven't been posting on here lately, but when I saw this topic I had to drop in :P
Well My wife and I had our first last winter right before Christmas and is now 7 1/2 mos. old. His name is Lorenzo Luigi Terenzio (Can't mistake what nationality he is :P ) My little meatball is just starting to get a couple of teeth in and giggles and laughs all the time. man, can he eat :shock:
I take him out in the shop with me when he's not eating :lol: and let him look around and show him everything to start getting him use to it all.
hopefully in a couple of years I can give him an old carb to take apart and see if he can follow in the footsteps like my old man did with me.
Then we'll find out if he's going to be a brain surgeon or blower motor surgeon :P

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:06 pm

Gene, he will grow up GREAT! It's all about spending time with them, making them a priority, and letting them know right from wrong on a case by case basis. Too many folks these days throw money at their kids and let them alone to raise themselves. The result is the kind of kids Cat was talking about. I just came from my cousin's house in Ohio and they are ALL 'Itralian'... and it's the warmest, NOISIEST, but most loving home... I can't wait to stop again on our way back across the country... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 pm

BP speaks truths, G.A.T. He walks it like he talks it with his kids, and they are two of the finest I've ever seen. Great posts, guys. WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:05 am

I hung out with Brandon, Lippy and Trish's son, all weekend, and he is a great guy. I only briefly got to be introduced to Rapid and Laura's boy, but there were no issues whatsoever with any of our kids who were there all weekend. They were all participants as well as we were. Great folks all the way. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:21 am

My oldest son, Kyle, will start at Westwood College near here Monday. He is getting a student loan and will get a graphic arts degree. He is an incredible artist. He draws his stuff and it is fantastic. He does not do computer graphics...yet...that will be something he will learn. I have worked with him on his designs. Here is something he did a few years ago. I use it for my desktop picture. My younger son, Nick, is progressing on guitar at an exponential rate. He is now a total shredder. It is unbelievable to see this. His fingers are flying all over the guitar. I'm bringing him in to the Citykings practice next week to play lead guitar on my anti-everything song, "Web Of Deception". The band is looking forward to him coming in, as he grew up going to CKs practice with me but he never played except to sit in Scott's lap and bang on his drums when he was a kiddie...they haven't seen him in about a year, so when they see him it's going to blow them away (he grew his hair out long) and when he plays guitar, it's going to totally knock them out. Randolph's son Aaron also plays and the plan is to match them up and let 'em rip. I suggested to Kyle and Nick that they put a band together and they laughed at me. I said why not? They said we don't want to be another Hanson. I said, how 'bout Marilyn Hanson or something? Debby suggested the Dubious Brothers. Shoot, they'd be awesome. I'd set 'em up, too. But no. They have to live next to each other in rooms and keep their talents separated? Cheers, WC1
Here is one of Kyle's pictures that I enhanced in Photoshop. It's called "In The Garden Of Good And Evil". Cat
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”