looking for THE LITTLE GIANT 51 CROSLEY/ ALT

Post descriptions or photos of old cars, friends, or family members you are trying to locate.
1948t
looking for THE LITTLE GIANT 51 CROSLEY/ ALT

Postby 1948t » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 pm

LOOKING FOR THE LITTLE GIANT CROSLEY ALT CAR RAN IN NORTHEAST,HAD CENTER STEER, 1 PIECE REAR DOOR,NARROWED HALIBRAND QUICK CHANGE REAR END CAR MAY STILL BE IN NY CT PA SOMEWHERE IN THE NORTHEAST LOTS OF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO THE GIANT ANY LEADS HELPFUL

THANKS JOHN 716-868-3702

Maso

Postby Maso » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:15 pm

Hay John...

You should get an e-mail from me, but forwarded to you through Tom Barnhill with information that I have about it. But it won't help much. It seems that the consesnus of opinion in the N.E. by people who know is that the "Little Giant" just can't be found.

The only real atlernative would be to re-create it, and that would be easy because...1). Alterds are simple and 2). A guy named Chuck "Ziggy" Sabis, who knows the Brazee Bro's and helped build it in the first place also has scrapbooks of pictures and information on it.

I have also checked in with Bruce Hertel who also ran a small altered at Dover back then, and later some dragsters. Bruce is in Oragon now and he canvases the west coast. If that car were out there...Bruce would know it... But Bruce also has no information...sorry.

It would really be BIG if someone were to come up with Brazee's "Little Giant" That car was a real crowd pleaser and loved by many people. He held the B/A NHRA record and won his class at Indy in '64 with it.

This dosen't look good at all...but good luck anyway.

Look for my e-mail.

Dino

Re: looking for THE LITTLE GIANT 51 CROSLEY/ ALT

Postby Dino » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:55 am

We Have, at the Dover site ,a pretty accurate history of this (And and ton of others)...BUT the trail went Blank....hoping by bringing this back up . . .maybe some new info will emerge
SEE:
http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/vi ... ttle+giant
..............first owner George Brazee does recall seeing it at Lebanon later than this painted Yellow and reports came in (not verifyed) it was seen running in Buffalo painted Black -?...Charlie Sabis and George Built the car ...it was a terror ...B/A national Event Winner and consistant Class then Elim. winner at Dover Drag Strip In Wingdale,N.Y.(had to win class to get into Elim.)...they sold it to Fred Harrison.... He sold it to someone in Torrington ,Ct. ...Who sold it to someone in Pittsfield, Mass. Then it was obviously Run a lot at Lebanon Valley. Fred is now inTexas and last talked to George about a year ago.This shot taken of third owner in 1970 and possably last appearance at Dover.
Attachments
Little Giant 1970jpg.jpg
Little Giant 1970jpg.jpg (77.39KiB)Viewed 3499 times
http://www.doverdragstrip.com

1948t

Re: looking for THE LITTLE GIANT 51 CROSLEY/ ALT

Postby 1948t » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:51 am

Thank You I sent the info to Ziggy he is looking for it

Return to “Desperately Seeking”