draglist at Eddyville 7/14/07

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Iowa Al
draglist at Eddyville 7/14/07

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:55 pm

Since Barb is still working on getting well and we're going to miss her, I am going to do what she did last year and bring a bunch of chicken to the track. Also napkins to wipe up from said chicken.
Anyone else that wants to bring some munchies, bring it on.
I hope someone brings cake for you know who. Hint Hint
I have been in negotiations with the local weather man to have a cooler day than last year, but he aint promising anything. Maybe I could bribe him with cake??
Looking forward to seeing all of you and making some new friends.
Iowa Al
Closest to the track at just 60 miles.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:46 pm

Oh YES, we must have cake for the Rapid one. If no one else steps up I'll bring it (but I hate to haul it that far in the heat) Well I guess I could wait and get it in Iowa.

Say gang with this being my first DLN when do we do the picnic at the track Fri. or Sat. ???

In fact while I'm getting info...do we even go to the track Fri.??? at all???
or is everything Sat.?? The picnic - the meet & greet- the racing - ect.

I guess what I'm asking is ...is there a schedual of events ??? :? :? :?

Thanks for any help gang, and I'm sure lookin forward to meeting you. 8)
Zapster

Iowa Al

Friday

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:57 pm

Zappy,
A bunch of the people will be staying in Oskaloosa and some might be at the track Friday. Others can tell you more
I will drive down to the track on Saturday.
IA Al

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:03 pm

I'm sure the Dinner will be on at the same restaurant as last year on Friday night. At least I think it was Friday night.

It just turns into a giant get-together from that point. I don't remember anything being scheduled, everything we did just kind of happened.

We will be there on Friday sometime around noon.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks Mike & AL.
I don't know yet what time I'll arrive in town. (haven't figured that out yet).
I just didn't want to head out to the track Fri. nite, if nothin happened till Sat. If everything happens at a resturant, thats cool. If everyone hangs out in the hotel lobby or on the pourch, thats cool too. 8) 8)

I guess what I'm sayin is I don't want to miss a minute of this D L N '07.
Zap

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:45 pm

I can handle the cake detail. Cours' that's not to say we can't have multiple cakes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheryl & I have a system for gettin' the cake there in good shape. All bets are off once it hits the 90+°f @ the track tho. :oops: :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:00 pm

Oh yeah Pro-Z, I'm sure we would get NO complains from Rapid if multiple cakes showed up. I'm sure he has the same "motto" with cake - as most guy's do about horsepower........

You can have enough.....but there's no such thing, as TOO much :lol: 8)

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Last year's DLNs had a flow to it, but there wasn't a program or a schedule, it just happened the way it happened and it was wonderful. I expect this year's meet will follow the same kind of theme...we'll miss ya, Barb. 'Gate, too...Gator is being inducted (not via a hood scoop) into the York US30 Hall of Fame that weekend. We'll be sure to toast you, Wally. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing old ones again! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Cool WC1, I can't wait. 8) :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:47 pm

One regret I have this year is that I won't be at Gator's induction at York. It will be the first York reunion I've missed in a while, but there are only so many weekends in the year... congrats, Wally!

As for the flow... that's right. What happens, happens! We usually do a get together at a local restaurant on Friday night. The one we did last time was great. Someone else mentioned the local pasta place. Denise and I might call around while we are on vacation to see what we can find out.

It will be awesome... that's for sure... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Draglist Nationals”