Nav. - GPS - Info needed.

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:24 pm

Your welcome Zappy. Glad you got hooked up. Enjoy. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:23 pm

Oh I AM sir. By the way, Bob K 49 and I are planning another of our Breakfast get togethers. Mon. Dec. 24th. 9AM. Nothing fancy just a Big-Boy.

So far 4 of us.

You have a standing invitation. ( I'll save you a chair. ) 8) :wink:

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:54 pm

Sounds good Zappy. Have you peeked at this thread? Thought you'd like it. Long thread and it keeps growing. 8) http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=228509
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:56 pm

Jean, thanks man what a cool site!!! H.A.M.B. I've heard BobK mention that site. My all time FAVORITE shot was a wheels-up tire smokin shot, and on the first page there's TWO dragsters and an altered doin just that. WOW.

I see there's over 500 posts, I'm gonna check it all out when I get time.
Wheels up & smokin the hides - Bad to the bone. 8) 8)
(now wheres that kleenex) :lol: :lol:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Listen up NOSTALGIA LOVERS check out the thred above that Jean posted. Plenty of truly vintage pics. Some very rare. You name it - they got 'um. Wheels up - sideways - fire burn-outs - it's ALL here.

I have'nt read many post yet, just scrollin thru the pics. And there's a ton, I'm not even half way yet. From Jungle Jim/ Pam to Little Red Wagon to E.J. Potter, ect. ect. Put on yer "oldie station" sit back and enjoy.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 am

:lol: Thought you'd dig it. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

BobK49

Postby BobK49 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:52 am

Hey Zappy, how about you program your new toy from my house to the Big Boy, then UPS it to me, so I can find my way to the Drag List/Mater/Deepstage/NHRAdotcom/Anything Else, annual Christmas breakfast! No?

OK, well, just bring your new Garmin along, I want to have a look. Our best local toy store here. M&R Electronics and Garage Door, push the TomTom one. By the way, the guys at M&R did the wiring on Tom's 59 Cadillac. They really know thier doodoo! See you next Monday.

OH! Did you send out the free travel and lodging vouchers to Mr jean, like we agreed? Hope you didn't forget again.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:59 am

Zappy? Image He blew it again Bob. :lol: Guess you'll miss my old stories again. Some how I think you guys, will still have fun. :wink:

Hi Wheelz, glad you liked it. It's still growing. Brings back some great memories for me. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:53 am

Bob K, funny you should mention my Garmin. I got it at Circit City in YOUR town. They had one in stock - on sale - and the little kid in me couldn't wait, so I drove up and got it.

I've already got 7 tracks programed in it:
US 131
RT 66
IRP
National Trail
Bristol
Eddyville
Bowling Green

Bob these things are SO COOL, you won't believe it. They have so much info, it's almost scary.

I'm sure a Breakfast buffet will not get Mr. Jean to travel so far east. Even with our charming conversation.
I think I'm gonna have to make one of those west races to meet him. Maybe a Vegas race ....Hmmm not a bad idea.

I can see it now....Zappy makes the big go west. :lol: 8)

Return to “What's Up”