DLN IV RESULTS REPORT

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Zappy
DLN IV RESULTS REPORT

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:45 am

What a WONDERFULL WEEKEND. From the weather: warm, but not too hot, light breeze, but not too windy, great crowd, I got to put "GEORGE" in the lights, got to see Randy make 2 laps in the Mav. NF/C , and of course the STIMPY NITRO NUPS, stiitng out side the hotel talking till 1 or 2 AM each nite, dinner and breakfast with the"Super Crew" ......Whats not to like??

On top of that I got to see a first. Now I been watchin races for 45+ yrs, but i NEVER saw a F/C golf cart match up. Thats all I'm gonna say about it cause that should be in Randy's report.

I was honored to Officiate The Stimpy Nuptals, (the # 1 thing on the 2009 social calendar). With a slight threat of rain, and an equipment failure, (my boom box failed) we had to rush to start the ceramony.

Now considering I live hundreds of miles fron the Stimpy's, SO, there was NO chance of rehersals, and the fact that we did'nt know where we were gonna do it till we got to the track, cause we needed elect. hook up, all things considered I think I can safely say,.....that a good time was had by all.

Special thanks to: BP for putting this together - WILD CAT 1 for saving the day, (he brought his keyboard and PA system), - Eddyville Dragway or allowing our crazy antics, - PRO Z for vid taping the nups, (I can't wait to see), Pro Z for making the great stickers for our annual awards trophys
and the DLN iv banner and Painter Tom banner. - my lovely assistant Lady Linda, (for jumping in and handing the props out when I forgot my podium, so I had to hold my speech in one hand and Mic, in the other), Iowa Al and Gena for all their photo work, and MRS Stimpy for the beautifull, hand made afghan she gave me.

(ps) I think that Mrs. Stimpy should change her handle to...........Sparky
(you had to be there)

Well as usuall I've rattled on too long, probably why my voice is GONE, so I'll close by saying, If you had half as good time as I did......you had an OUTSTANDING weekend. :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :wink:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 am

One more thing, I wasn't quite my self, (been having sholder trouble) I'm a few degrees off top dead center lately, so to speak. Trouble sleepin, so I was exhausted on the trip home.

So after some re-con work at next years hotel, we were ready to head for home. Well by then the great breakfast was kickin in so I asked LL if she would start our drive home so I could catch a "FEW" Z's.

I guess I was more wiped out than I thought. I was asleep before we got to the Interstate. Next thing I knew it was 5 hrs later :oops: :oops:

A very SPECIAL THANKS to Jerry + Cheryl. They provided Linda a much needed pit stop, treated us to dinner, and got a refreshed Zappy safely on the way home. I drove the final 3 hrs no problem, and Linda got some much needed sleep. (as she starts new job Mon,)

A great weekend = SUPER

A weekend with the Draglisters = OUTSTANDING

Friends like Jerry + Cheryl = PRICELESS

Thanks to EVERYONE for making the weekend what it was.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 am

Well Zap, that explains why LL appeared to be alone in the car when she passed us just a couple miles before our Morris turnoff. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We figured you were zapped out in the back. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:31 am

Perfect job on the wedding and it was great to read your report Zappy! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Iowa Al

Weekend

Postby Iowa Al » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:20 am

It was a great time and the Stimpy's wedding was just a blast.
I will have a photo CD on the way to BP today.
Thank you all, you are great friends.
IA Al

Postby 1320 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Wonderful reports! Glad to see that everyone is making it home okay. Jerry and I truly missed you all. WE are the ones who are blessed to have friends like you all.

Looking forward to more reports and pictures.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks for the report, Zappy! You and Linda ensure that we keep the focus on FUN... so glad to have you as part of the 'Crew.... what a great weekend. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 am

Thanks Rapid, Al, and BP. I really wanted everyone to get lots of laughs out of it, and it sounds like they did. 8) Thanks to all that helped. Now I can't wait to get the video. :lol: :lol:

All ready lookin forward to D-5

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Zappy was the heart and soul of the DLNsIV. He made it more than special...thanks to him it was unforgettable. Thanks for doing all you did, Paul, it was all fantastic! We were all lucky to have you there! And I am also looking forward to the next one...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:55 pm

WOW Cat very kind words, THANK YOU sir. But it was a team effort. You hauling yer keyboard and PA system all those miles really added the special touch.

Just don't sell George. I'm workin on a funny little skit for DLN 5.0 and George is the main character.

I don't know how he did it, but BP has put together the greatest, most easy goin, fun lovin, group of folks on the net.

Cat & Zappy = "Weddings R US" lol lol

Return to “Draglist Nationals”