NHRA's big problem

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Bret Kepner

Postby Bret Kepner » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Rock wins! Dave Boertman left on the first yellow (of a five-amber 'Tree) to literally hand his wife the win at Englishtown.

There were two Beck-Minor dives which failed, by the way.
Bret Kepner
http://www.bretkepnerphotos.com
BRETKEPNER@Prodigy.net
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Well, You can't really blame Dave cause all us married folks know that if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!!! :shock: :D :lol:

bandit

Postby bandit » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:32 pm

I really don't care how many there were, I just remember Mr. Potato head trying to get that blue car stopped.
Yeah overdriv, I know the significance of 10 and 11 place. I've been around this sport for awhile
Nano!!

RH

Postby RH » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Just in!!!!!.......Bruton Smith will have former WWF stars Jake the Snake Roberts and Terrible Terry Funk working as honorary top end officials for next weeks event. Any competittor who makes physical contact with them will have his 10K NHRA fine paid by Bruton but will be subjected to the 'camel clutch" "flying suplex and possibly a "sleeper hold".After receiving any needed medical attention and signing a release ,He (or she) will also recieve 10 free copies of Bruton's follow up DVD "Charlotte Smack-down-Rasslin' and Racin"with on screen credits and 4 tickets to the Tracks 1st annual North vs South race where 4 nitro cars (2 pairings)will race at the same time starting on opposite ends of the parallel tracks! :shock: :shock: When all 4 converge on the 660' mark (2 from the north and 2 from the south) that should be the equivilent of them passing at 550mph!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Now THAT"S!!!! what 'ya call racin :!: !!!
WWHRA! coming to a track near you!

:wink:
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Becky White

Postby Becky White » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Wow! Rocky! How long has it been? Oops, don't answer that! I agree with EVERYONE about this stupid countdown stuff! As I've said many times, the fans don't understand drag racing anyway, why not simplify things instead of making them more complicated. At least I got some folks thinking about the PRO racing the same way they think about bracket racing, class racing, etc. The biggest difference is the way they start the tree and the MONEY, honey! As far as those match races are concerned...most of them are still pre-arranged. How are all the folks who used to know me from the Midwest Funny Car Association?

Yes, Bret, I have STILL have that ET slip! When I moved my office around, that's one thing I did NOT move!

RH...you need to be working on Bruton's PR staff...you got some dang good ideas! :twisted:

Becky White...STILL drag racing's most dedicated fan!
Becky White
Quick Times Racing News

Becky White

Postby Becky White » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:09 am

Things seem different when you put them in perspective! Since I compared taking a dive to splitting a round, no one seems inclined to offer a differing opinion!!! I've watched all week for someone to come back at me over that one but it hasn't happened. Think before you argue, it might make you seem smarter. Becky White...STILL drag racing's most dedicated fan!
Becky White
Quick Times Racing News

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:18 am

Becky, It has been a long time. I won't say just how long though!! LOL

I see you're still as feisty as ever, and that's a good thing!!!! :D :D

WCB

Postby WCB » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Things seem different when you put them in perspective! Since I compared taking a dive to splitting a round, no one seems inclined to offer a differing opinion!!! I've watched all week for someone to come back at me over that one but it hasn't happened. Think before you argue, it might make you seem smarter. Becky White...STILL drag racing's most dedicated fan!
Beck, You're so right regarding "splitting".

Gordy & I were talking about You and old,good days recently..And MY ability to entertain you (scare You and Bev) , every time you'd be where we were running...yup, a few "hairy" moments...guard rail to guard rail... :roll: I swear, wild things happened when you were present.....

Be well !
Wally
Last edited by WCB on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.wallybell.com

overdriv

Postby overdriv » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 pm

With all do respect to all involved in this conversation, splitting a win or what ever you call it at a local event and all past dives, falls, or what ever it may have been in the past by whoever, big name racer or obscure local hero, does not and did not have the negative impact on the sport as the recent JFR dive has had. Today's media coverage brings it home like no other.

And if some of you folks wouldn't sound so condescending, it would make you come across a bit more friendly to new comers to this forum. Just because someone is new to this forum, certainly doesn't mean him or her is new to drag racing, now does it?

And just because someone doesn't like what's happening or does not like the way the rules are and speaks out in a negative way in general or specifically about drag racing, doesn't make one less of a loyal fan than anyone else. It's just his or her opinion, no matter dumb or smart it might make one look or sound.
God Bless Our Troops!

Return to “What's Up”