Good Things In A Short Time.

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
23t
Good Things In A Short Time.

Postby 23t » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:04 am

If this year goes as good as it's starting out, then I can't wait to see what the rest of 2010 the year is like!!

1st, it was the trip to California. Hauling the Little pete across the U.S. to a customer 2200 mile away and getting it there without a sratch. And having a very happy customer. It was a great experience but I'm glad it's over! :lol: :D

2nd, it's getting back home from the trip to find that the first Little Pete I built is on the front cover of a golf car dealer only magazine. We sent in some pictures to the magazine for a contest they were having in hopes to be on a calendar. Here instead of putting the cart on the calendar, it was voted best of show and put it on the front cover of the magazine.:shock: 8)

3rd, it was winning the Golf Cart Winternationals. After losing the first round, I just figured that by buying back in I would be donating to the cause. No big deal.
I think I found the secret to winning. Don't have a care in the world, just love life and all it has to offer, just enjoy hanging out with old/new friends and meeting new people, and don't expect to win or try to hard. Just do what comes natural. You would think anyway, that after 32yrs. of dragracing under my belt it would come natrual, and it does if I would just let happen. :roll: Just do it! :D

And 4th, I was hoping for a 4th on, I was getting scared at 3 thinking it may go the other way. My wife just found out yesterday that there is an opening for a full time position were she works. She has been working for 2 1/2yrs there as only part time with no benefits. Other than the hrs. and maybe interferencing with racing this year, this would be a good thing for the both of us. :D :D :D

I hope no one takes this as I'm bragging about myself. I just want to share with you all the good that has come to me in such a short time. I'm very thankful for all of the above and I hope for good things to come into everyone life. It's a great feeling!
:D Have a great day everyone!! :D Thanks for reading, Daryl

23t

Re: Good Things In A Short Time.

Postby 23t » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 am

Here's magazine cover and article inside. :D
golf cart news IMAG0594.jpg
golf cart news IMAG0594.jpg (137.43KiB)Viewed 32351 times
golf cart news pic. 2 IMAG0595.jpg
golf cart news pic. 2 IMAG0595.jpg (153.64KiB)Viewed 32351 times

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 am

Congrats, Daryl! No brag; just fact! I knew that once folks saw your work, you'd be on your way. And the race title was icing on the cake. Congrats on the new job possibility. Keep us up to date on that. And look out for work coming to your website from that intelligently-placed URL on the top of your truck's windsheld. Congrats! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Congrats Daryl 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

23t

Postby 23t » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:52 am

Feedback coming from you guys really means a lot to me,Thank You!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:21 am

8) congrats!!
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:39 pm

All of it's great news, Daryl. Just one of those things would qualify to be called "it was a very good year". I hope the job comes through and all the stars line up so everything happens for you this year! You earned it, and you deserve it! Whatever happens, always keep the faith! Life is good! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks.

[quote= Whatever happens, always keep the faith! Life is good! WC1[/quote]

And I also like this one that Eric posted in another section (It is not about the destination, but the journey.) So true!

Good words from good people. :wink:

bojangies46

Postby bojangies46 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 am

Congrats!----good things come to good people, plus you are doing what you like and having a good time :D :D
There is only one fuel NITRO

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”