INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
23t
Re: Hello!

Postby 23t » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

I'll get myself out Wheelz!! :wink: :D

Here's a little puppy just for you Craftygirl! :D :D And it's your favorite kind! :wink:
beagle_stuffed_xl_rs.jpg
beagle_stuffed_xl_rs.jpg (7.32KiB)Viewed 897 times

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:43 am

Here's a little puppy just for you Craftygirl!
Awww, thanks! You shouldn't have! I love him...or her...can't tell which it is with all the stuffing in the way. :shock:

And since you're such a kind, thoughtful hubby, I've decided to let you have a blower. Just make sure you have a reallllly long extension cord!!! :twisted:
Attachments
a blower for 23t.jpg
a blower for 23t.jpg (5.26KiB)Viewed 894 times

jim sanders

Re: the ugly rusty thing,,,,,

Postby jim sanders » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 am

8) Great post and welcome Mario ! During '74 my dad had a Texaco station that i started my grease monkey career at. One of our customers had a 67 GTO with 46,000 miles that required high octane at a high price. They tried to trade it in on a riceburner but no local dealership wanted the car. I bought it for $475.00 on payments from the couple :D I don't have it anymore to look at rusty or otherwise but after this weekends Barrett Jackson deal i can only cry about the should have/would have if i had only known/stupid me...........
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Novel-T

Re: the ugly rusty thing,,,,,

Postby Novel-T » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Welcome,Mario,rust is good.There is no better lock tight than rust :mrgreen:

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 am

:shock: :shock: Ok, I did say I wouldn't talk about, you know what, for awhile. :roll:

Wooo Hooo!!! Is it May yet???? Going through some serious withdraw right now!!! Cart racing is fun but it just not the same.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Here's a little puppy just for you Craftygirl!
Awww, thanks! You shouldn't have! I love him...or her...can't tell which it is with all the stuffing in the way. :shock:

And since you're such a kind, thoughtful hubby, I've decided to let you have a blower. Just make sure you have a reallllly long extension cord!!! :twisted:
Now thats a good one Crafty

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:21 am

Now thats a good one Crafty

Heehee, I guess that'll teach him to mess with me... :twisted:

Trojan Horse Gopher

Hello from an "old school" Funny Car guy

Postby Trojan Horse Gopher » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Hello everyone-
Dropping in to say Hello to all the vintage old school funny car people/followers.I consider the early to mid 70's to be the zenith of funny car racing.Ah,the good old days! Was involved with the great Trojan Horse funny car driven by the late Larry Fullerton(RIP).This was back in the day when you'd see Don Schumacher,Jungle Jim,Tom McEwen,Don Prudhomme,Bill leavitt and Quickie Too,Mickey Thompson,Custom Body,Pat Foster in the Barry Setzer Vega,Cha-Cha Muldowney,amongst other greats
I remember the greatest time was going to the US Nationals in Indy during the Labor Day weekend.Though we didn't qualify,we had a fantastic time,staying up all night and building an engine at Larry's aunt's farm about 30 miles outside of Indy.I recall riding a Harley Super Glide XLCH on back roads with acres and acres of corn fields on cool Summer nights.On the final qualifying day,Keith Jackson of ABC's "Wide World of Sports" followed us on up to the starting line with his camera crew,to cover our last ditch qualifying effort,but it was not to be.Would've been great had we done it,but the Trojan Horse never hooked up,and went up in smoke for an 8th mile.
Typical conversation in the pits,Larry to me: "Do me a a favor,go see Jungle Jim(RIP) and ask him if he's got a spare Lenco he can lend me?" And the amazing thing is,never once did Jungle refuse to help out a fellow racer in whatever way he could,whether it be flogging or lending a part,the man is truly deserving of his legendary status!Just a fantastic camaraderie back then,when times were simpler,greed less rampant than it is today,and the major sponsors gave the racers a whole lot more latitude.

Billy Mac

Re: Hello from an "old school" Funny Car guy

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi and Welcome to a great place to hang out.

I vividly remember watching the Trojan Horse duke it out at Fremont Raceway during the early to mid 70's....I think I still have one of the hero card pictures of it.... Incidently, that name helped to inspire the name of my car, (the Iron Pegasus)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 pm

That style of blower has been banned by the NHRA due to the fact that shortening or lengthening of the extension cord could be considered a throttle stop :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Return to “What's Up”