Question About Borla Collector Muffler

From famous pros to weekend warriors, our friendly members will help answer your tech questions.
TurboDiverArt
Question About Borla Collector Muffler

Postby TurboDiverArt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Hey All,

Has anyone done any real world testing of these things? How much do they really quiet your car down? How much did they hurt performance? My Camaro had very limited clearance and although I have tried to fit a muffler under my car there is no way without modifying the chassis. Right now I’m running open headers with turndowns. No way I’ll be able to pass noise restrictions. I’m hoping that these things may do the trick. If anyone has any experience I’d be very interesting in hearing about it as well as what your combo is. Mine is a 468 BBC with 2 1/8” headers and heavily ported Dart heads.

Thanks for any input,
Art.
Art Paltz
230" Undercover, 468ci stock block, 7.840@170.14

Billy Mac

Re: Question About Borla Collector Muffler

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 am

YES The Borla's work....So do the Dyna-max version but they are MUCHO cheaper. Either will give a rich, throaty sound....AND they both will appease the sound police.... :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

TurboDiverArt

Postby TurboDiverArt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm

YES The Borla's work....So do the Dyna-max version but they are MUCHO cheaper. Either will give a rich, throaty sound....AND they both will appease the sound police.... :wink:
I was wondering if the Borla was any quieter than the Dyna-max becasue they are stainless.

Does anyone know if the Flowmaster "scavenger" collector muffler is the same design, basically a glass pack as the collector or do they have diverters or chambers?
Art Paltz
230" Undercover, 468ci stock block, 7.840@170.14

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:18 am

The Dyno-max and the Flowmaster are straight through style with holes in the main tube running through the center of the deal...sound deadening comes from the area enclosing the four into one portion....thus the 'glasspak' area...Hope this helps

My dynomax bullets (4-1/2 inch) keep my BBF pretty tame 'sounding' (the final exit is out of the rocker panel right in front of the back tires)....While lined up beside a blown 52 Willy's (with zoomies) at Phenix City Dragstrip back in October....nobody could hear my car....even ME :shock: :shock:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 am

is the Borla any quieter because of the stainless??....Jury is still out on that one.
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Return to “Tech Questions”