Slick Vic/ Veneys Vega/ "Stained Class" A/Fuel Injected Nitro

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Mr. Jean
Re: Vics Vega/ Slick Racing

Postby Mr. Jean » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:14 am

Sound like a great tour Vic. I hope you're getting a lot of pictures. They'll make great memories for later on.

Have fun and be safe. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 am

Great to hear from you,see you both in Eddyville

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Riley and I are heading for Beaver Springs Dragway in PA for the York 30 Nostalgia Nationals/ Reunion.
We will not be at Colmbus or Indy on Sunday, York just seems like where we should be with The Veneys Vega, Hope to see some of
you Draglisters over at the Beave,..If not EddyVille is just around the corner....My brain is melting from this heat. Riley and I have been hanging out with 23t fixing his golf carts as quickly as rily can break them,..lol...just kidding, but 23t(Daryl) has been too kind to allow us to hang and have fun around his shop while weve been waiting for confirmation phone calls as to where we will be next. Everything is final now and we will finish off the last two weeks in PA and in Iowa.

See ya at the races

Vic & Riley
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm

More great shots! Thanks. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:19 pm

8) great photos Wheelz
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Vic: finally found an email for you - sent you a couple of pics from quaker city - also posted 2 of them on dragracersreunion.com

OD

Pappy1

Postby Pappy1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 pm

it was great to finally meet you on Sunday Vic. :D
http://www.manheimbodyandfab.com/

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 am

Nice shots, thanks Wheelz. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 am

Great shots Wheelz,......
Well we have returned to Wooster,(Yelling threw the truck to the front door of Classy Carts)....." Honey Im Home "

Beaver Springs was very exciting and a great honor to have appeared and ran down the old track.
We arrived Thursday evening 15 miles from the track to Army Armstrongs house, Home of the Funny Factory who makes the Nostalgia funny car bodies.
We hung out with Army and Randy Lieberman (Jungle Jims Son), for a bit checking out all the original bodies laying around Armys shop. Then about at 6pm
we hauled the Veneys down to Lweistown for a car show and unloaded the ol hot rod and fired her up three times for thje crowd over a 3 hour period, BBQ some burgers,
and then headed back to Armys.
We arrived at the Beaver Springs Drag strip around 1 pm on Friday, got the car unloaded, cleaned her up and polished the magnesium, and decided I would
go make a test squirt,..it was really neat seeing all the grass at the edges of the track, something I have only seen pictures of.
Bob Rosetty and his helper gave me a hand buckling me in and being my crew for that run. I rolled the water box and hammerd the pedal to 8 g`s, the tires stood
tall and began to haul and by 15 feet or so it wanted to hook hard,.so not so good a burn out. I srtaged I launched and it carried the wheels out 60 feet slightly drifting
left and I pedaled it rheeld it back in and trucked on threw untill 1000-1200 feet where the car got loose and I lifted,.still went 8.56@160,..the turn off is a bit sharp at the end but I finally went down Beaver springs Dragstrip...woooo hooooooo.
On Sunday, we awoke to probly 200 more cars that showed up from the York reunion car show, along with Kevin Johnson driver of the Glory Days 68 injected camaro funny car,..we would whind up running a two race match race....
On the first run of the show I was in the right lane and Kevin would be in the left,..we fired the cars up together, and rolled threw the water and stopped evenly 15 feet out and gave each other a thumbs up and we did side by side burnouts,.we rolled back 20 ffet from the line got them back into 1st gears and together and alternating we did 4 or 5 dry hops to the line,...we staged the lioghts came down and bang we were off,..both of us wheels up, and I almost thought I was goping to go straight but it carried the wheels put past the 60 veering slight to the centerline and I had to pedal and real it back in, while also making a hard move back right but I stayed in it, so all the while I am man handling my car Kevin has got his left side tires of in the grass making his little storm and getting the Glory Days camaro back on track and running it out.
It was wild and the crowd and announcer loved it,..the ET`s really dont mean nothing nor really worth mentioning, because its about the show and a show is what they got.
Our second run was even better, my burnout was out to around 150 ft,..both of our wheelies were even bigger, Kevins car went straight as an arrow and I could see him just slightly out my window as I was realling in another crazzy wheelstand, and we charged on threw in the upper 8 second range at 162 mph.
We towed up the return road and had standing ovations,..Jack Redd you are a nut,..lol....thanks for JA approviing my car...
I got to meet Rick Pappy1 and got to see his Monza which is a really cool car, met Jack Redd, saw Bob Wenzleburger,Rocky Pirrone, Bob Roseatty, Army, and Jungle RANDY, some mebers of Standard 1320, Kevin Johnson and his dad and crew, Rob Butler, there was alot of people I saw and it is still only Tuesday and my brain is froggy, so if I missed your name please remind me, I am blaiming it on the nitro from Armys 67 Joker nova... :roll: .
I would really really like to thank Bob Wenzleburger for making the Phone call that put me intouch with Beaver Bob,..and oh boy talk about Beaver Bob that guy has got to be only 19 years old,..and I would like to thank Beaver Bob for having me out and taking care of us,..WE HAD A REALLY GREAT TIME.
THANK YOU ALL,that have been involved with my Veneys Vega tour, with out all of you none of this would have been possible.
Need to get more batteries for the camara..pictures will come soon.

See you all at Eddyville Friday.

Vic and Riley
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”