Best of Times

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
OhioDave
Best of Times

Postby OhioDave » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Noticed on a couple of other sites that Best of Times seems to be going through some changes. Steve LeSeuer is now at the helm with plans on having an east coast version of the heritage series with up to 6 races. Says goal is still to preserve the history but to have nostalgia racing on the east coast with rules in mind

OD

draglist
Site Admin

Re: Best of Times

Postby draglist » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:24 am

Just heard that the BOT event will take place at VMP again next year. No details... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 pm

It says in the post I read that he is starting a new group and that it has been in the works for four years. Are you guys saying that the BOT has been around for a while and he has taken the helm?

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Thats what I'm thinking - there was a BOT race in May at VMP -also billed as Draglist Nationals East - they had a site Bestoftimes.ning - fairly sure Doug Rice, Ronnie Bowers and Ronnie Horton were heavily involved at least that is who I correspended with to go take pics - but not sure how long they were up and running - the site now says being migrated to a new site bestoftimesdra.com which is what Steve L is talking about

OD

RH

Postby RH » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 am

A little clarification for you all.BOT has been around for 4 years as Rocky summised. We had been talking over the last 2 about trying to get some tracks on board and establish a series.Steve is not at the helm of the BOT organization but is along with Doug spearheading the effort to standardise the rules and see if the series deal is viable. The switch to the new website is to get BOT to a more recognizable format than the ning.com network currently being used.The BOT Nationals will again take place in 2011 and a date will be secured with VMP,it should again fall in the late spring as have the 2 prior events. It will be shortened to a 2 day event in 2011 with Friday set up/time runs and Sat eliminations and all classes will be run on an index.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Pappy1

Postby Pappy1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Ron
http://www.manheimbodyandfab.com/

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:32 pm

X2 thanks RH
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks, Ron. I see a lot of discussion going on at the CFC board about rules and such.
IMO, The Nitro classes would be way ahead of the game to go by the VRA rules that many of the cars are already set up for. I think that another set of rules would just muddy the waters and cause more headaches. I know there are several people out there complaining about the VRA rules but no matter what rules you choose, there will be some who complain about them.
The main thing about any set of rules is that they have to be enforced and enforced the same for everyone.

streetracer

Postby streetracer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:41 pm

good deal, they need some new blood, nostalgia racing is going down wrong path, it is become more like current and not like good old days.

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

I have been around the so-called "nostalgia" racing scene for a long time... I've seen all the good, the bad, and the ugly that can happen in the genre... Many years ago Drag Racing Underground and I helped N.E.T.O. (North East Timing Organization) get its footing with fans and opportunities from various track promoters... That was way back when "Tiny" was the group's dedicated president... I watched N.E.T.O. take its first baby steps at Island Dragway, Atco Raceway, Lebanon Valley Dragway, and of course Old Bridge Township Raceway Park... It takes a h*ck of a lot of blood, sweat & tears to have a successful nostalgia organization... When it works, it's a truly beautiful thing, when it doesn't work, uh, it can get really ugly, really fast... The East Coast Gassers are another nostalgia organization that I greatly admire and respect-- I've witnessed them grow and prosper into an incredibly impressive and respectable group of racers... A couple folks have recently told me about Steve LeSueur and the basic concept of the "Best Of Times Nostalgia Drag Racing Association", and have asked me to help promote their thing on DRU once they get some race dates established-- I was told that Steve LeSueur is a fellow of integrity and that there's quite a few racers who believe that the organization has a good chance of becoming a positive force to the eastern nostalgia racing scene... As long as the leader(s) of an organization are indeed honest, possess integrity, and are doing what they do for the "right reasons", then, and only then is there a realistic chance of experiencing any success... From what I've been told, the "Best of Times Nostalgia Drag Racing Association" appears to be getting off on the right foot... I wish them only the best.... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)..
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Return to “What's Up”