Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
bandit
Re: Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals

Postby bandit » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:57 am

What a great show. Here's my link to my pics on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =712059324
Nano!!

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Zappy, you only need to worry if we're playing cards for money - haha! 8)
Jack, thanks for remembering Tippy, he doesn't like to be left out. You should have heard him howling when we got back after the last round. The people in the stands could even hear him over all the noise and our neighbor's generator!! :oops: It was great to hang out with you and Sharon again and next time, don't forget to bring your hotdogs and hamburgers. :wink:
And Dave, perfect timing on the cart picture! Can't wait to see all the other great shots you took.

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:38 pm

What a great show. Here's my link to my pics on Facebook.
Nice pictures Jim, I like the one of Dave taking a picture of you. :mrgreen:
I have a good video of a certain someone having a temper tantrum when they saw the fireworks on the cart. :shock:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Darryl...contact ProZ and get him to hook you up with some "headlights" for that cart... it would just enhance the looks :wink:
Bullseye, I think you got it Billy. A little too much solid yellow, headlights would really finish the look. 8) 8)

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 am

I believe that events like the Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals are proof positive that the "old skool" Floppers do have their rightful place in drag racing -- (yeah, I know, I know, I've been saying this for many, many years, but it's the GOD-HONEST TRUTH!!)... There's nothing wrong with using the "N" word (Nostalgia) when promoting events like this one-- Lots of folks are hungry to see and experience "Nostalgia" themed racing events... One thing that I'm extremely proud of, is the way many of the Nostalgia Funny Car race teams have the ability to all work together with a sense of unity-- It's so good and refreshing to see the different teams who run all the different racing "combinations" getting along so well, and working together for the common goal of moving the N/FC movement forward-- Injected Alky teams, Blown Alky teams, Blown Nitro teams, all showing each other respect and exhibiting good sportsmanship towards their fellow racers-- I believe that's a big reason why the whole movement can enjoy the kind of success that was this past weekend's Marion County event... There's no room in this movement for blowhard hostility and spite-- that only results in disaster... When everybody behaves with mutual respect and integrity, that's when you get the kind of admirable results that you had at Marion County... It's also groovy that the Gassers, Fuelers, Altereds, Doorcars, and other Nostalgia themed race machinery were all in healthy supply at this event (variety helps keep the show interesting for the fans and provides an honest perspective of what it was really like back in the "old days")... I commend the promoter, track, racers, sponsors, media, and fans for making the Marion event one of the more positive events in this ongoing Nostalgia drag racing movement... Stick with it-- It can only get better with time... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Denny Salzwimmer is a great guy and runs a great circuit. Congrats to all. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WCB

Postby WCB » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 am

The Stambaugh's had quite an adventuresome trip to Ohio....Raced pretty well......I think #3 overall qualifying....
New Generation Racing
www.wallybell.com

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:02 pm

yea they were pitted next to 23T - had to do alot of work on suspension on the trailer - apparently the Stardust group had issues with their trailer while parking once they got there

OD

WCB

Postby WCB » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Rick & Matt experieced the trip from hell getting there....They just told me the whole story...including the trailer deal....They loved the event however.
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”