IHRA's future

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Andamo
IHRA's future

Postby Andamo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:13 pm

Just curious what others on here feel is the IHRA's future. I see they've finally expanded their presence westward and at least it's more of a national organization now rather than regional. There have been some tracks signing on like Wichita and Quaker City coming back on board. But the downside is the lack of Pro-Am events within each division. D3 is down to 3 events, D1 has 4 and D5 doesn't have any. The tracks claim they're losing money at the Pro-Am events and the racers are saying the travel and weather is why they don't attend. I do know from the events this past summer at PRP, the overall car counts are down and the weather was beautiful. I guess we can blame the economy, but is it something more than that ? I like the Pro-Am events to be able to see the T/S and T/D cars run. But even at some of the national events in 2011 the car counts were down.
What do you think is going on ?
Be kind to whomever you meet, because everyones fighting some kind of battle.

Zappy

Re: IHRA's future

Postby Zappy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Well I'm no expert, but I think I HRA will be just fine. Everything was down this past year so I don't think we should read too awful much into that. They do seem to be expanding further west than they used to go, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

stimpy

Re: IHRA's future

Postby stimpy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 am

they should do more of the regional pro am type stuff , not the national stuff especially since Ihra is more of the working mans racing orginization , one reason I like them more than the traveling circus , especially the way the economy is down , and its gonna be a few years before people can try to do the whole road tour thing again .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Return to “What's Up”