Monk Reynolds

We celebrate those friends who enriched our lives before passing on.
RH
Monk Reynolds

Postby RH » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 am

I just found out this morning that Monk Reynolds passed away last evening after a valiant battle with cancer.
Monk was a Va.native and founder of SuperStock&Drag Illustrated magazine and later Stock Car Racing magazine as well as involved in many other motorsports ventures to include partial ownership of York US-30.

As a young man Monk was also one of the founding members of the Accellerators Car Club in Alexandria,Va.

In recent years,even with declining health,Monk was actively invoved in the local car show scene with his beautiful Chevy street rod.

My condolences to Monk's family and friends.

God Bless you Pal.

Thank's for all you did.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Andamo

Re: Monk Reynolds

Postby Andamo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:44 am

My condolences go out to Monk's family and friends. Another good person has passed. God speed Monk, and thank you.
Be kind to whomever you meet, because everyones fighting some kind of battle.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 pm

RIP, Monk, and thanks for the memories... I really enjoyed those mags in the early to mid 70s and they were my primary entry into drag racing. Thanks to Jack Redd for introducing me to Monk earlier this year, if only briefly. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WCB

Postby WCB » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 pm

From Eastern Drag News to the Fabled Super Stock Magazine...THANKS MONK !
You did a lot for a ton of people !
God Bless You
www.wallybell.com

odsgore

Postby odsgore » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:44 pm

You meet alot of people in life, few you are still friends with over 50 years later. There are few that make such an impression on you that when they pass you feel as if you have lost a family member. Monk Reynolds went back to day one of East Coast drag racing. He had many accomplishments Eastern Drag News, Stock Car Magazine, Super Stock and Drag Illustrated, Pulling Power and more. He never forgot where he came from, never forgot his friends, and always had time for you. Drag racing owes Monk Reynolds, he did more for the sport than many will ever know. Was a true legend that just wanted to be one of the guys. We are losing to many of our heros.

RH

Postby RH » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

You meet alot of people in life, few you are still friends with over 50 years later. There are few that make such an impression on you that when they pass you feel as if you have lost a family member. Monk Reynolds went back to day one of East Coast drag racing. He had many accomplishments Eastern Drag News, Stock Car Magazine, Super Stock and Drag Illustrated, Pulling Power and more. He never forgot where he came from, never forgot his friends, and always had time for you. Drag racing owes Monk Reynolds, he did more for the sport than many will ever know. Was a true legend that just wanted to be one of the guys. We are losing to many of our heros.

Well stated Gary.
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “Lost Friends”