The GLNFCC in three states....

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Solid Rock
The GLNFCC in three states....

Postby Solid Rock » Wed May 25, 2011 9:05 am

The GLNFCC has events scheduled in three different states this weekend!
On Saturday the Rollin' Stoned Cuda, Tweety's Rat Vega, Total Insanity Monza, Sweetman Bros. Citation, Visionary Cuda, and the Dazed and Confuzed Camaro will be appearing at Skyview, New York.
Sunday will have the Dazed and Confuzed Camaro, Old and Fuelish Corvette, Blown Money Nova, and Sharkey's Machine Dodge Omni at Quaker City Raceway in Ohio.
On Saturday and Sunday the Gold Coast Charger, Shyster Corvette, Red Barn Cuda, and Solid Rock Mustang will be at Great Lakes Dragaway, in Union Grove , WI. Also appearing here will be the injected Illinois Patrol Dodge Omni of Sgt. Mike Johnstone
If you're near any of these events be sure and come and see these cars and teams in action.

Solid Rock

Re: The GLNFCC in three states....

Postby Solid Rock » Mon May 30, 2011 10:15 pm

This past weekend saw 4 of the Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Cars at Great Lakes Dragaway. It was the first time for this popular circuit at G.L.D. and the fan response was tremendous.
The first round Saturday night, May 28, saw the Horvath Family's Gold Coast Charger, driven by Mark Horvath, take on the Hallett family's Red Barn Cuda driven by Bill Hallett. Both cars put on one heck of a show and I really don't know who got the win light but they did change the lead a time or two. The Red Barn Cuda is a tribute car of a car that Bill's Dad, Keith drove back in the day.
The next pair was Rocky Ausec in the Solid Rock Mustang against Nick Tilley in the Shyster Corvette again, after a couple of lead changes the Mustang barely got by the Shyster for the win light.
The second round saw the Solid Rock Mustang take on the Red Barn Cuda. After almost identical reaction times, the the two cars were dancing and moving around quite a bit with the Cuda getting the win light.
The last pair for the evening was the Gold Coast Charger vs. the Shyster. The Charger was on a nice straight run till about the 1000 ft. when Mark backed off after spinning the tires. In the mean time the Shyster was again fighting for traction.
Mark took the win with a stellar 7.30, which was the best ET of the day.

Unfortunately, mother nature won out on Sunday with a copious amount of rain!!!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue May 31, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks, Rocky! Great stuff. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WCB

Postby WCB » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 am

Rock on,,Rocky !!!
www.wallybell.com

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am

Thanks for the updates... I for one, genuinely enjoy reading the "round by round" accounts of the racing action (who was first off the tree and stuff like that)... I think the whole Nostalgia Funny Car scene would benefit greatly if more of the internet activity put more emphasis on the drivers, owners, the cars and the "actual racing", as opposed to the rampant dirty mud slinging and hate speech that's unfortunately corrupted some of the scene (thankfully that's not the case here at DragList, thank God!!)... If more drag fans knew that they were gonna see some good racing (the kind of racing that Rocky's reporting here), the genre would probably gain popularity from fans reading about it on the internet... I also like the cars having names, like the "Solid Rock" 'Stang, the "Gold Coast" Charger, and the "Red Barn" 'Cuda, etc-- Giving the cars old school sort of names is a big plus in my opinion... I'm lookin' forward to when the Nost Floppers arrive at ETown for the Funny Car Reunion in July... Everybody should get out and support this scene at all the various drag strips that host 'em... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Please support the Nostalgia Flopper Movement...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

bandit

Postby bandit » Tue May 31, 2011 10:38 am

Well put Doc!
Nano!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue May 31, 2011 11:16 pm

Thanks for the great report, and congrats on the win light. 8) 8)

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Tue May 31, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone!! I'm having a blast with this car!!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:30 am

Great report...some great drag racing, everybody had fun and went home safe. Your hot rod is flat-out awesome, Rock. Thanks for the update, and congrats on the win light! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:56 am

8) Rock is one of the best when it comes to reporting/promoting the happenings.... big fan here 8)
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Return to “What's Up”