Las Vegas Coverage, Eric Medlen, etc.

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Gator
Re: Las Vegas Coverage, Eric Medlen, etc.

Postby Gator » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:43 am

Man, what an emotional broadcast. This big guy squeezed out a few tears, that's for sure... bp
Great Thread Bill.
Very emotional day for all.
RIP Eric.....
Congratulations Robert and John.........
www.wallybell.com

RH

Postby RH » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:00 am

The whole deal was so sad for me that I had kinda' hoped that things would go back to normal after Houston.I now see that there was no way this could have happened until the JFR team had a race under their belt.
Great win for the team and Hights victory brought the healing process forward light years for both JFR and the racing community.

I truly believe that JF would not trade a personal win for the way the weekend turned out.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am

Your right BP, a very emotional broadcast. Congrays to Robert, he's a very focused very talented driver with the will to win. What can you say about John Medlin, other than, what a fantastic individual!! Congrats to John Force Racing.
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

morebetter99

Afew more words....

Postby morebetter99 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:43 pm

At about the 15 minute mark of the last hour of the broadcast they did the interview with Ashley...I and my wife totally lost it...This young lady showed her love for Eric in a way that can I cannot put to words...A short time later, they talked with Coil...Another moment that i hope to remember for a long time...The starting line celebration when Robert took care of business...John kissing John...The scene at the top end, when Brandon had a hard time just getting out of his ride to get his trophy...JR right there to honor his friends...If the tv folks hired someone to write a script like this, I'm sure it wouldn't have come anywhere this close to what actually happened...mb99...

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:35 pm

I did not see it but admit to crying my eyes out just listening to the audiocast......
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

beegator

Postby beegator » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:27 pm

JF brought me to tears but he also broke my heart when he said he "failed" Eric. JF did not fail anyone. He is the best in the business and Eric was in a good car. Unfortunately terrible things happen. It was Eric's time. JF will find the monster and do the best he can to make improvements for safety. The human body will still remain frail.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:51 pm

Bee, that was beautiful. Thank you. You are one outstanding person. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Well put Bee,,Thanks for sharing that one! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

beegator

Postby beegator » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:56 am

Bee, that was beautiful. Thank you. You are one outstanding person. WC1
Thanks John, I'm still a very sad lady.

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:23 am

Well put Bee - you speak for a lot of us.

Return to “What's Up”