The Tn. non drag racing sanctioned tragedy, Check This Out!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Outlaw Nick

Postby Outlaw Nick » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:50 pm

I am in no way defending Troy, I am simply stating that his crimes do not meet the legal definition of homicide, and he will found 100% responsible civilly due to the legal doctrines I pointed out above.

I am sorry if I was unclear. The buck always stops with the driver, and no he shouldn't be driving competition vehicles at all. Now or in the future.

EDB
Under Tennessee law there is only one definition of manslaughter:

39-13-211. Voluntary manslaughter: Voluntary manslaughter is the intentional or knowing killing of another in a state of passion produced by adequate provocation sufficient to lead a reasonable person to act in an irrational manner.

Everything else is either Assited Suicide, Murder or Homicide. I think you would agree that Troy's crimes do not fit Tennessee's definition of manslaughter.

Here's a link to Tennessee code: http://michie.lexisnexis.com/tennessee/ ... -h.htm&cp=

You want to look up 39-13-213 and 39-13-102.

After review, I'm sure you'll see that the charges against Troy are appropriate under Tennessee law.
[i]Your New Home For Fast Doorslammer News, Results And Discussion - FastDoorslammers.com![/i]

www.fastdoorslammers.com

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:05 pm

I stand corrected.

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

jed5161

Postby jed5161 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:54 pm

i've just been quickly reading through articles and i may of missed it but whats happenin with the charity organization and their liabilities in the case? Is Critchley get'n the whole deal throw'd in his lap or is there charges with others too?

I'm curious and kinda leaving on a different path here but what would happen if the same thing happened at a sanctioned race (nhra,ihra,adrl,etc.)? As for racers and pit crew, i know we sign the liability release at the gate and tech areas but what bout he ones coming in the spectator gates that just pay and get a stamp on the hand?

-jared
5161 top dragster/top sportsman/AA.PM
Jared Micetich
Top Dragster 5161

www.myspace.com/jed5161

Outlaw Nick

Postby Outlaw Nick » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:25 pm

No one else has been charged with a criminal offense. It doesn't appear to me that the Tennessee Highway Patrol thinks any other criminal charges are warranted.

There are civil lawsuits pending against the City of Selmer, the Cars for Kids organization, Cars for Kids founder Larry Price, Troy Critchley and the AMS Staff Leasing team. I don't see the ones against Cars for Kids, Larry Price or the City of Selmer as having much merit. After all, the event has a 17 year history of safety and people having a good time. Of course no one else had ever attempted an all-out, banzai burnout in an outlaw Pro Mod before.
[i]Your New Home For Fast Doorslammer News, Results And Discussion - FastDoorslammers.com![/i]

www.fastdoorslammers.com

Return to “What's Up”