Ernie Nicholson's Super Stude & Flower Power

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
223rd&Alameda
Ernie Nicholson's Super Stude & Flower Power

Postby 223rd&Alameda » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am

A good racer from the LA. area was one Ernie Nichloson. I remember first his "Super Stude" gasser. Also the nicely painted "Flower Power" Cuda gasser than ran in the "Open Gas Supercharged" shows of So-Cal.

223rd & Alameda "The place that had the best and toughest open gas supercharged weekly shows in the nation."

B Duke

Postby B Duke » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 am

While I never saw the Super Stude in person, I did see Nicholson's Flower Power Cuda on several occassions. Tony Nancy built the 426 hemi motors. At one point Nicholson held the track records at all 3 major So-Cal venues. Racer Brown used to advertise his cams using Nicholson as an example of what they could do

B Duke

Postby B Duke » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:07 pm

There was also a Flower Power Challenger that featured all the qualities of a fuunycar. One piece body, center driving position, etc.. But alas I never even saw the car, knowing of its existence through written commentary only in the weekly drag rags. We are talking late 1970, an era when the gasser guys were abandoning the old body styles and venturing into the realm of what was to be dubbed by local promoters as blown gas funnies

gasserted

Re: Ernie Nicholson's Super Stude & Flower Power

Postby gasserted » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:26 am

Bill, Thanks for the input on Ernie's cars. I was not aware of the Challenger. The car has a new chrome moly chassis, the chassis builder who owned the car, was going to run a BBC in it, so im changing it over to big block mopar. Took me a year to find the parts, i ended up with a Milodon 510 cu in block and Keith Black heads. Large Enderley Injection. Looking for a smaller Scott Hat for it, to keep every thing under the hood. my e-mail is gasserted@yahoo.com Thanks Again Ted McClure

draglist
Site Admin

Re: Ernie Nicholson's Super Stude & Flower Power

Postby draglist » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks for joining, Ted, and good luck with your project! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”