Pro Fuel Dragster Associates Decals

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Jack Redd
Pro Fuel Dragster Associates Decals

Postby Jack Redd » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:18 am

In the early part of the '70's Tom Chastang and myself (Jack Redd) had the greatest Pro Fuel Dragsters Associates Circuit ever. We now have the "copyrighted" numbered decals for sale for $25 and for $5 more, a "Certificate of Authenticity" with the decal number (only 500 made and no more ever) and an autograph of President Tom "Beachball" Chastang
and Jack (JA) Redd, Public Relations and Race Director. For more information e-mail - tchastang@msn.com

The decals states "We Support" PRO (star) FUEL Dragster Associates and was designed by Harry "The American Way" Lehman and his wife Maxine.
The circuit required; uniforms, full bodies, self-starters, reversers for those long smokey burnouts and NO SINGLE RUNS. The low e.t. loser was ready to run in all rounds in case of breakage.

The eight cars consisted of: Jim & Allison Lee's "Great Expectations" from The Plains, Va., with Tom Raley driving. The "Special Edition" of Jim Walther & Dave Metcalf from Painesville, Ohio. The famous "Wheeler Dealer" (formerly owned by Bruce Wheeler and made famous by Al "Super Jew" Friedman) driven by Tom "Beachball" Chastang from Washington, D.C. Fred Forkner from his Atantic Speed Center in Wilmington, Dela. with his "Quarterhorse" and helped by his sidekick, Ruth Biddle. Okay folks, you have heard about all the women in racing, but Ruth never got her credit due. She was a "Crew Chief" for many years doing everything a man did. Then there was "King & Marshall's "El Diablo" from Warren, R.I., driven by Jim King & crewed by Don Marshall.
Al "Super Jew" Friedman drove Harry & Maxine Lehman's "The American Way" from Alexandria, Va. Al was from Union, N.J. Richie Broughton from Caslton, N.Y. drove his "Commache" dragster with Earl Goodreau as his right man. Eddie Careccia from Hialeah, Fla., with Bob "Sarge" Arciero from Broomhall. Pa., driving his car. Another great team member was the "Jade Grenade" of Bill Flurer, Pete Lenhoff and driven by Ted Thomas rounded out the best in the East.

The first circuit race was at Speedworld Raceway in Orlando, Fla. in February '72. Man, it was so cold we had to fire-up the cars on gas & alcohol. The next week in Miami-Hollywood Dragway, it was hotter than you know what? We raced at New England Dragway in Epping, N.H., Aquasco Speedway in Md., Capitol Raceway between Balitmore and Wash., D.C. Maple Grove Dragway in Mohnton, Pa.,and every where in between.

The decal number #1 is taken by Tom Chastang and # 2 by Jack Redd. Others already taken are; #3 - Ted Wolf (he raced a AA/FD out of
Pittsburgh, Pa.); #115 taken by Jack Gates; #117 by "Jungle Pam" (yes the real J.P.); #121 by Dan Trasin (now owner of the "Jade Grenade" formerly owned by Ted Thomas & Pete Lenhoff); #152 went to Ted Wolf; and #156 went to Steve LeSueur (Frank LeSueur's son). Frank ran NASCAR's Ultra-Stock and Pro Stock Circuits in the mid-sixties and then was the "nitro" fuel supplier for NHRA in the '80 & '90's.

How about you? E-mail tchastang@msn.com for your decal and "certificate (postage & handling included) NOW! A website is being setup to have your name and decal number listed. I will also be at YORK and Old Dominion Dragstrip to answer any questions regarding the Pro Fuel Dragster Associates' questions. Thanks! JAck Redd
Last edited by Jack Redd on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jack Approved!

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 am

Some of the old circuit cars are being or have been rebuilt. Not only the Pro Fuel Dragster Associates, but some that raced in my open fuel circuits.
The guy from Delaware is rebuilding the Ray Marsh's AA/FD "The Rebel". Brian Beattie, the former photographer from Englishtown is redoing the "Great Expectations" of Jim & Alsion Lee in Pa. Tim & Tom Steed have redone "Mr. Boston" AA/FD up in Mass., with some help from Don Roberts, who has driven every type of fuel cars and then some in the East. Richie Broughton's nephew Paul Broughton is redoing "The Commanchee" car from N.Y. The Lenhoff & Ted Thomas fueler is now at the "Cracklefests. And finally, "Terrible Tom" Barnhill with the help of Dave Maset & Geri Tarvin have complete the AA/FD of Woody Brougher & Tom Reese from the Pittsburgh area. Tom & woody were a regular on the NASCAR Fuel Circuit.
Only 500 numbered decals made with a "Certificate of Authenticity".
New decal members are:
6 & 66 Paul Broughton
125 Richie Broughton
163 Tim & Tom Steed
169 Don Roberts
301 Jim Walther & Dave Metcalf
For more information see the above post or contact me at; jackapproved2004@aol.com
Soldiers ARE heroes!
If you keep sitting on your paintings, you will become an impressionist!
Why do we sometimes call the Middle Ages the Dark Ages? ---
(A) Because there were so many Knights!
Man, if the earth didn't suck, we would falloff!
MEMBERS OF CONGRESS should dress like NASCAR drivers, with their sponsors displayed.
Jack Approved!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:05 am

Sounds great, Jack! I will be signing up! BP
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

xdragnewsphotog

Postby xdragnewsphotog » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:47 pm

I've sent you an email Jack!!

racersforcoffee

Postby racersforcoffee » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:51 am

Jack, your details on the Pro Fuel circuit sound like right out of a Bob Post book. THIS is why likes my draglist so much! PFDA deserves it's own facebook appreciation group. I dare ya, Jack!
The Free Market Of Ideas Works Both Ways

www.racersforcoffee.wordpress.com

Jack Redd

Re: Pro Fuel Dragster Associates Decals

Postby Jack Redd » Thu May 13, 2010 12:25 am

JA Group, Some of the orginal members and cars will be at Dinwiddie this weekend. Hope to see you there. The Pro-Fuel Dragster Associates Decals (only 500 numbered made - and no-more) will be on sale along with pictures of the orginal cars in the circuit. Stop by and get yours! Money goes to the "Racers Big Hearts for Lil Hearts" Foundation.
Heck, stop and at least get a picture taken with me - JAck!
Jack Approved!

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:45 pm

What a great time at the "Geezers at the Grove" Show. Not only meeting ole friends from the past, but, my son John got to do the "Cracklefest" in the ole Jim & Alsion Lee's "Great Expectations" AA/FD now owned by former E-Town photographer Brian Beattie. Now for some background on John. He has a pilot licence, has sky-dive, is a suba-diver and has been to Frank Hawley Drag Racing School, Buck Baker's Stock Car Drivers School and served on Tom Raley's Late-Model Stock Car as a mechanic. Just to name a few of his accomplishments. Am I bragging or what?!
Anyway it was a big thrill for me too. Thanks Brian Beattie and all of the great crew that runs Maple Grove Raceway.
Pro-Fuel Dragsters Associates decals are now in the hand of;
No. 50 John Redd (my son)
No. 51 Julio Marra (former Promoter of Aquasco, Beltsville & Capitol Raceways.)
No. 52 Willie Zapata (who is a big electrical contractor in So. Md.)
No. 53 Tim Pierce (that drove or rode a Harley all the way from Hoover Dam in Nevada to MIR)
No. 54 Bill Pratt (You know this guy.
No. 55 Gary Gore (Old Dominion Speedway)
No. 253 Greg Sullivan (Nostalgia Car Collector)
No. 254 John Worm (Cen-Penn Speed Equipment)
No. 255 Ray Gramlich (the first manager at St. Mary's Dragway later Budd's Creek and now MIR & Drag Boat Racer)

A Camelot is where Arabs park there camels.
Have you every been on a seafood diet? Everytime you see food, you eat!
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have their head examined.
Why did the teacher wear sunglasses? Because his class was so bright!
How about the cross-eyed teacher, he couldn't control his pupils.
Hope to see you at a "Nostalgia Meet!
Have you ever been on a seafood diel. Everytime you see food, you eat?
Last edited by Jack Redd on Tue May 24, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jack Approved!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks, Jack. Sorry I missed it but will see you at York this weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 pm

No. 29 Joe Boggs of the Hundley & Boggs AA/FD
No. 229 Marty Harrison of the restored Hundley & Boggs AA/FD
No. 57 Tom Reese of Brougher & Reese AA/FD
No. 392 T.T. Barnhill restorer of the Brougher & Reese AA/FD

Will be at the EMMR Drag Racing Museum Grand Opening April 6 & 7th
Hope to see you there and get yours.
Thank guys! Only 500 made and numbered with an Authorization Certificate.
Jackapproved2004@aol.com
Last edited by Jack Redd on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jack Approved!

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:12 pm

If Tom Barnhill makes it to the EMMR Drag Racing Museum Grand Opening March 31st
& April 1st, in York Springs, Penna., I will be doing the "Crackle" there.
Hope to see you there to see me "Crackle" the Brougher & Reese Top Fuel Dragster.
REDD in a "RED" dragster, a site to be seen!
Jack Approved!

Return to “What's Up”