My pedalfest at World Series 56

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
My pedalfest at World Series 56

Postby animal jim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:35 pm

:shock: Well, Zeke rebelled against my magic tire dressing. My slicks are pretty old and were not producing the quality of burnout smoke I needed for show biz match races. :?

:idea: So being too tight to spring for new Slicks I decided to coat them with a magic formula tire rejuvination product. :roll:

Well I did get a great smoky burnout on the second run :D -but I shook what brains I have left out on both runs Sat. night at World Series 56. :shock: :o :?

:?: :?: Zeke shook hard off the line on first run VS Beswick. Zeke never did that. :idea: Apparently the tire dressing made the slicks too soft. Now I do need new tires :roll:

I left big on Arnie but I had myself a pedalfest till 1/2 track and Beswick came literatly "Smoking" around me. He melted several pistons in the conquest. 8) :o

Arnie was done for the night. :( So his crew chief John Holmes would drive the backup GTO against me for the last run. 8)

I took 1 full turn out of my Ram duel disc. hoping to soften the starting line violence. That is a heavy move on this clutch. :wink:

John and I closed the Pro Show about midnight. Zeke still shook off the line and started for the wall-so again I had a peddle fest till about 750 ft. :shock: :o John had his hands full.He was pedaling his butt off also. This time I won the Pedalfest" :D We both came close to crashing couple times on that last effort. :shock: :o :? In the afterglow John exclaimed that run scared the sh-t out of him. :lol: Me too John :!:

After those two runs I knew for sure my slicks were done. :roll:

The track was not in best shape do to cold weather and lot of rain on Friday. Plus lots of oildowns and numerous crashes. Plus by midnight the dew came in to ad to the adverse conditions. 8)

There were lot of sportsman cars yet to run after John and I closed the Pro Show. But when the next pair of cars was sent- right after Holmes and I ran, one of the cars crashed. The driver was taken off in an ambulance. Then they shut the track down for the night. 8)

Other than the tire shake the 56th. World Series was great. The place was packed Sat. The fans and media were great. I signed hundreds of autographs. :D And very importantly-I fullfilled my contract and can pay some bills. Plus the only attrition found so far is an exhaust pipe came loose on my truck. :? 8) :lol:

The fans loved seeing my 57 Merc -The Big Animal-That car is my first race car from 40 years ago. It was on display next to Zeke's pit. :D Fans thanked me many times for bringing it. 8)
It has been quite a ride!

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:37 pm

AJ we didn't make it out to race or even watch i guess i should have sounds like it was wild!!(see if i ha dbeen there i coulda filled in for arnie with the 62 :shock: ).LOL!!........anyway a buddy of mine from here in town (his mom and sister work for us as well) rolled his mustang in the second round of the high roller he got loose in the lights stuffed it into the wall and barrelrolled it three times.he is okay and the car is really hurt but fixable I guess??.also Rick Sojka jr blew an oil line in the second round of the q16 and hit the wall and he said he went through the eyes backwards...at a 7.21!!! ..again driver okay,car hurt but fixable......I also heard Radar fireballed in the lights and went off the end??......and danny Crownhart had a tire or wheel come off(?) his jet car and he hit his dad's chutes saving him from hitting the wall head on but he ended up on his lid and Jim went out in the field and i think was on his lid as well I guess danny's car is gone but Jim's is fixable??.......then the last car was a Mafia superstocker unsure of what transpired there but I guess the car is destroyed and the driver is okay....??.eventfull to say the least!!!........I took my wife out to dinner, and watched the blues brothers on tv!!........"it's got cop tires, cop suspention, and a cop Mill a 440 cubic inch plant".........great flick!! ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks for the great update, Jim. Glad everyone was OK and the crowd went wild again... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 pm

...I also heard Radar fireballed in the lights and went off the end??
I was at a match race over at Pacific Junction, but was in contact with the Orange Crate team. Not off the big end, Radar has some blisters on his face and hands, but is OK. The car will be fixed and at the Grove this weekend.

EDB

PS Was the track using sand for oil dry... LOL?
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 am

thanks Eric for the info on Radar......I my buddy said he fireballed it big and thought he went off the end.......ERIK

Shane Boyungs

Postby Shane Boyungs » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Most of you know Dan Crownhart is a good friend of mine. They think something broke and the tire come off. Which put him into Jims chutes. Thank god he hit jims chutes as he was still going well over 200 mph and would have hit the wall head on.. Instead the chutes spun him around and he hit backwards among other things.. Jim ended up going through the sand and into the field and on his top..Dans car is more then likley a loss.. Jims is fixable and says he will be out next weekend..

The sad part about this story is this is the second crash in 6 events for Dan. Niether being anything he could have controled. Last winter he built this new car and now he will be building another new car this winter.. He is supposed to pick it up this weekend...

He was hoping to build a Nostlgia Jet Funnycar but not sure whats going on with that now....

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 pm

did Don from Chassis concepts build the new car?? I am pretty sure he built the last couple........ERIK

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:24 pm

Great read, AJ! Thanks...
Hope Radar heals quickly, guys...WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm

...I also heard Radar fireballed in the lights and went off the end??
I was at a match race over at Pacific Junction, but was in contact with the Orange Crate team. Not off the big end, Radar has some blisters on his face and hands, but is OK. The car will be fixed and at the Grove this weekend.

EDB

PS Was the track using sand for oil dry... LOL?
Eric see ya at the grove this weekend we will be there racing also!

Animal thanks for bring 'BIG' i was actually a lil smaller back when i seen it at the Big O and never forgot it!
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 pm

AJ we didn't make it out to race or even watch i guess i should have sounds like it was wild!!(see if i ha dbeen there i coulda filled in for arnie with the 62 :shock: ).LOL!!........anyway a buddy of mine from here in town (his mom and sister work for us as well) rolled his mustang in the second round of the high roller he got loose in the lights stuffed it into the wall and barrelrolled it three times.he is okay and the car is really hurt but fixable I guess??.also Rick Sojka jr blew an oil line in the second round of the q16 and hit the wall and he said he went through the eyes backwards...at a 7.21!!! ..again driver okay,car hurt but fixable......I also heard Radar fireballed in the lights and went off the end??......and danny Crownhart had a tire or wheel come off(?) his jet car and he hit his dad's chutes saving him from hitting the wall head on but he ended up on his lid and Jim went out in the field and i think was on his lid as well I guess danny's car is gone but Jim's is fixable??.......then the last car was a Mafia superstocker unsure of what transpired there but I guess the car is destroyed and the driver is okay....??.eventfull to say the least!!!........I took my wife out to dinner, and watched the blues brothers on tv!!........"it's got cop tires, cop suspention, and a cop Mill a 440 cubic inch plant".........great flick!! ERIK
Yeah erik the last car was a MSSM car that rolled in the lights..Tom is ok sore but ok..
I was at the big end when that jet race happened..i was watching Danny's car wad up when i realized Jim was headed for the traps at (im not exaggerating)175+ MPH!! He passed us like a bullet,cleared the pea gravel without even a trace of tire tracks and dissapeared into the darkness..We took off running and being a large fella and a smoker i suggest dont try running through pea gravel!! I was the last to the car and helped flip it back over so Jim could get out..what a night it was for sure.
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

Return to “What's Up”