2010 DragList.com Calendar

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Uh...can you email it to me, Billy?

I got a great picture from Robbie this morning. Thunderhorse on track...thanks Rob! also Daryl's panel will be reconfigured to include his 23T and the wheelie cart.

I'm putting a collage together with folks' faces to go with their names. Jon Lundberg, Cole Coonce, Greg Green, Barb, Laura, Rapid, Sandy Booton, Boyd and Sue Wylie, Gary, Cheryl and Jeff Spear, Jason Pratt, Danny and Gena White, Rocky Ausec, me, Jack Redd, Ron Horton, Dr. Jim Sanders...Diana the Doc is forthcoming...and more will be added. This year's project is different; the process of constructing the calendar has become more and more dynamic as it goes along. It's fun and informative...kind of a condensed version of the Message Board, if such a thing could actually happen.

Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Here's the collage so far:
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Trying to find a scanner so I can email it to ya, Cat...

it is a picture by Henderson's Hotshots in Alabama.
www.hendersonshotshots.com
and Yes, I talked with them and we have permission to use the pic...he DOES want a calendar for his efforts though :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Got it, Billy! Thanks!

Dennis, I changed your picture from the one I had in there to a launch shot.
I think I'm gonna email you so you'll know I did that, you might want a different one in there...

I added Wally, AJ, Becky and Flyin' Phil to the collage.

Edit: Dennis sent the right pic. Thanks, DH!

JB
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 pm

John, you've got my pict.

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Yeah, it's on the calendar, EDB. I made an inset in it of you and Tiffany from the DLNs IV. I just put "bruracing.com" on there as it was last year...Thanks, WC1

I just saw it's Bru Racing Skunk Works...I'll make that change...
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:37 am

Man ive been so busy im glad you emailed me cat...had our last race on sunday now i can start catching up on internet stuff...looks great cat!!
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks, Dennis...folks are busy these days wrapping up the season and all, so I figure they aren't going to be in here all the time checking up on things. You responded within an hour of my sending you an email. The picture you sent came out fine and I'm going to post an update later today.

I have re-aligned the poster and I combined the DLNs pictures into one panel with 4 windows, what's basically left is for a few pictures of folks to be added to the collage of "putting faces with the names" and this year's calendar will be ready to print. I counted 39 car pictures total but I ran out of fingers and toes to keep track of 'em last night so I could be off by 2 or 9...

Once the collage is filled up, the whole deal's done. I can see that I could submit the file to the printer as early as the end of next week. A little text here and there will be added (photo credits and captions for the collage and DLNs pics)...you know, touch it up and it's finished.

The down side to that strategy is that no matter when it gets sent, somebody's invariably going to jump up and say "WAIT! I haven't sent my submission yet! I have it right here!" and it's already over...another problem with setting a cutoff date is the possibility of receiving a pile of submissions right before the deadline, like it's 11:45PM on April 14th and the deadline for filing your taxes is midnight. That can and probably will happen, but although preparing a picture and placing it in the calendar isn't that hard to do, at this point it would probably mean having to completely realign and resize the whole thing in order to accommodate it...I haven't totaled the number of layers, but it's well into the hundreds now and if that happened, it would take another day or so to get it all fixed...I'm still moving layers around to get 'em all in their proper groups (photo credit, picture, description)...

Anyway, gotta run. Having lunch at Chipolte's with buddy Xavier and wife Debby. Everybody have a great day! Calendar will be posted later today and I will prepare a flyer for BP to use.

Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Iowa Al

Work

Postby Iowa Al » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:57 am

WC,
You put so much time and effort into this and we all appreciate it.
There will always be last minute people and some will miss out.
We have a great son in law, but except for going to work, he is never on time for anything. We just eat without him now.
IA Al

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Return to “What's Up”