Do YOU have any Drag Racing tattoos??...

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:26 pm

My son Kyle has designed several tattoos for folks but he doesn't have any on him. I unfortunately have seen many tattoos in Southeast Houston that are not very tasteful or done very well, but I have seen some that are done extemely well. Urs Erbacher has one of his arms done and it's badass. In '99, Kyle made a poster for the band Slipknot and we were called back to the bus and campground of the bands at the Tattoo The Earth Festival here that year. We met and hung out with all the groups that were there...Slayer, Mudvayne, Soul Fly (formerly Sepultura), Nashville Pussy, etc., but Slipknot wanted Kyle to go on tour with them...he was only 15 and I didn't think it would be right, but looking back on it now, it would have rocked. My bad. Those guys are from Des Moines, and they treated us like family. Corey was spellbound by Kyle's persona and he and Kyle hit it off like brothers...but I did see some tattoos on those guys that would have looked right in an art gallery. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 pm

I've got a header scar on my forearm. :wink:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:43 pm

I've got a header scar on my forearm. :wink:
Me to... on both arms...

Damn pan rail water valves...

I need an assist... Chad!!?? Tiffany!!???

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:24 am

Bandit, the "tire shake" joke is funny... WC1, much like your son, Kyle, here at Drag Racing Underground, we get commissioned to design tattoos for others, though nobody in this camp is radically inked... It's completely understandable that you had reservations about sending your 15 year old son off on the tour bus with Slipknot, a lot of stuff happens on tour buses, I know from experience, I've seen a lot of wild, wild stuff over the years on the tour bus... But it's great that the band appreciated your son's artwork, and that you had the experience of them treating you and your son like family... Slipknot are extremely creative recording artists, they come up with some genuinely clever concepts... Your son must be pretty d*rn talented to impress them... pro70z28 & EDB, battle scars from working on cars happens to lots of people in the sport... Hot headers and other parts make contact with skin and often you've got a scar for life-- While I was working at the E'Town Funny Car Reunion this past July, I was told how a crew guy on one of the Jungle Jim "tribute" cars got himself a very nasty header burn on his leg (you must be extra careful when wearing short pants while doing pit duties!)... Sometimes you almost have to exercise as much caution while working on a car in the pits as you do when driving one on the strip... Hey, it happens to the best of 'em... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Heather712SC

Postby Heather712SC » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:01 pm

I have a some-what drag racing geared tattoo. If it weren't for drag racing... I wouldn't have it.
I know it's not "unique" but I love skulls and crossbones (strange... I know) so the crossbones got replaced with pistons.
I have to admit though. I am sucked into the latest "trend". I have 7 tattoos so far and am looking to get plenty more. I'm thinking about getting my Uncle's old 57 Chevy (picture below) and my old Jr. Dragster and my arm that I plan to sleeve.

Image[/img]
MY DRAGSTER AND CREW RUNS OFF ALCOHOL.

MY DRiNKiNG TEAM HAS A RACiNG PROBLEM...

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Pretty cool, Heather. I saw Kyle's tattoo art in Houston this year and it was smokin'! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I have always wanted one but could never come up with an idea that i could live with for the rest of my life...though with this Mafia deal if i could find the right one or someone design the right one i could see that..oh well
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 am

Heather, that's a neat tattoo... I like it... At this point we're looking for people who are really "inked up" (as they say)... And it definitely sounds like you're on your way to being inked up, especially if you do eventually add tattoos of your Uncle's beefy '57 Chevy and your old Junior Dragster ride... I see by your profile that you're located in California, I'm on the east coast, hmm, if you ever come out east, you should look me up, maybe you'll even have more tattoos at that time... I've managed to drum up some "inked up" drivers from the HAMB board, drivers who are located a little closer to my neck of the woods... We should stay in touch... Below is my MySpace site address, you can send me a friend request, then I'll be able to see your MySpace site better and correspond... Keep storming the drag strip and getting "ink" that you're absolutely sure you'll want to keep for the rest of you life, and maybe our paths will cross and we can do a feature... Thanks so much for sharing your groovy tattoo with us on DragList... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

MySpace site addy...
http://www.myspace.com/bigstickdragracing
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

RPM

Postby RPM » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 pm

I have a sleeve that started out as a Band made up of Bob Glidden's Motorcraft T-Bird, John Force's Pontiac FC and Blaine Johnson's TF. I just have a little pinstriping and touchup to do and I'm done. :wink:

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 am

Purple66bu, you're right about a tattoo being something that you need to be comfortable with for the rest of your life... Sometimes people get them in haste and later regret it... There was recently an episode of MTV's TRUE LIFE reality show titled "I Hate My Tattoo"-- The program featured people who desperately wanted to eliminate their tattoos, demonstrating how getting rid of an unwanted tattoo can be far more painful and expensive than initially getting one... It's essential to use your brain before committing to a tattoo... RPM, your ink is pretty extensive... You have T/F, F/C, and P/S all represented... It's very nice and thoughtful of you to include the late, great Blaine Johnson on your arm... I can also appreciate Gliddens's T-Bird, I own an '03 Mountain Shadow Gray T-Bird Roadster that I absolutely adore, it's pretty d*rn fast, though not as fast as Glidden's was... And of course Force is the most recognizable to novice fans observing your ink... If you ever venture my way, here in the northeast, let me know... I have a few prospects lined up for the upcoming SHAKEDOWN AT E'TOWN on Nov 6-8, if anyone reading this is gonna be there, look for the brunette gal with the Drag Racing Underground tee-shirt and say hello... Thanks... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Return to “What's Up”