Do YOU have any Drag Racing tattoos??...

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Diana The Doc
Do YOU have any Drag Racing tattoos??...

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 am

I was asked by a tattoo/ink publication if I could assemble a feature of racing folks with gearhead oriented tattoos... Anybody coming out to SHAKEDOWN AT E'TOWN at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park this weekend (Oct 17th & 18th), who have any hot rod related "ink" on their skin (the more colorful, the better), you can look me up, the brunette gal with the Drag Racing Underground tee-shirt, often seen sitting in the Drag Racing Underground tent, selling DVDs-- I'll have my 13 megapixel camera on hand to snap photos... If you've got some groovy racing oriented tattoos this is for you... If you don't see me, you can approach DRU's Mike, Steve, John, Stephanie, or Rusty and they'll direct you to where I'm located... Don't be shy-- Enjoy this American Hot Roddin' Tattoo Ride!!... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Not me... I was born just a few years too early for this latest tatt craze. Not my bag. But good luck with it. No doubt you'll find plenty. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:44 pm

I admit that over the last year or so, I've been seriously bitten by the tattoo bug... Currently I have over 60% of my body covered in "ink"... I've got an extensive aerial view of Old Bridge Township Raceway Park tatted on my back... I have full color renderings of Wally Parks, Shirley Muldowney, and Don Garlits on my belly... I've got an extensive collection of doorslammers on one arm, and floppers 'n' diggers on the other arm... My legs and thighs are almost completely inked with popular drag racing decals, such as M&H Racemaster, Crane Cams, etc, etc... I've got a couple of Junior dragsters on the back of my neck... Every week I go in for additional inking at my local tattoo parlor... But in all seriousness, like you, Bill, I don't have any "tats"... Although I do genuinely admire quality tattoo work... And I'll probably be working freelance for a couple 'zines that highlight good tattoo work... It's a HUGE bu$ine$$ and cultural phenom these days, that's for certain... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

bandit

Postby bandit » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Wow!! Ya gonna post pics, Doc??
I was never a tattoo guy but have entertained the idea of a "Milner" style coupe somewhere on my person. I don't have a "tattoo" style body.. :(
Nano!!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Bandit, I was simply listing my "tattoo wish list", if I were a tattoo person, those might be some tattoos that I would consider getting... I'm just learning how "obsessed" a large chunk of the population are with tattoos (big bu$ine$$!)... I honestly believe it's becoming an "addiction" for lots of people-- they don't know when to stop-- but to each his/her own, I guess... It's now such a craze that the tattoo magazines are outselling automotive magazines in some markets... Not to mention the dozen or so tattoo related television programs currently on the air-- Even on TV, the tattoo scene is gaining substantial numbers of loyal viewers... Next I have to delve into NASCAR racers and fans who are "inked up", should be interesting to see how painting the human body is going with the roundy round crowd... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:09 pm

If you ever make it happen, let us have a peek! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Diana the Doc, Peek heck, how about a layout! Any room left, add a Draglist.com and a (JA) Jack Approved Decal "tat" on the bod! Even put some pictures of you next to some race cars in the E-town paper. Tell Maplewood (Vince) Mele that I said too! lol And tell him to mail me one!
JAck
Jack Approved!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 am

Bill, Jack, if I were to become an "ink fanatic" myself, of course I would have to get Draglist and (JA) Jack Approved decal "tats"!... That goes without saying... I will pass on your warm regards to Raceway Park's Vince Mele when I see him... Vince Mele is the longstanding editor of Old Bridge Township Raceway Park's "RACEWAY NEWS"... I've been reporting and writing for E'Town's official "RACEWAY NEWS" publication for several years... I've even been fortunate enough to win awards for my journalistic efforts, even have my writings translated into different languages, and it's much due to me getting my start writing for Raceway News, I'm humbled and extremely grateful for that.... Vince Mele is a good guy and a genuine gentleman-- He's always been very nice to me... I give him a lot of credit for keeping the presses rolling for as long as he has-- It's a pretty big job that comes with lots of responsibility... It's individuals like Vince Mele, the heroes of this sport who work "behind the scenes", who are so deserving of our unwavering respect and admiration... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

bandit

Postby bandit » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Sorry Diana. I mis-read that. Sounded great though. I may get one someday, but probably not. My canvas ain't in good shape! If I put a race car on my body and ran around, it would look like a fueler in severe tire shake! :shock:
Nano!!

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 am

My canvas ain't in good shape! If I put a race car on my body and ran around, it would look like a fueler in severe tire shake! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry Bandit!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “What's Up”