Memorial Day

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Bob Kraemer
Memorial Day

Postby Bob Kraemer » Sat May 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Please take a moment this Memorial Day to say a prayer or take a moment of silence to remember our soldiers who died defending our country.

Also please remember the soldiers who are retired, injured or still serving our country.

God Bless AMERICA
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

WildcatOne

Re: Memorial Day

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 30, 2010 2:12 am

Thanks, Bob. I will certainly do that. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Sun May 30, 2010 7:58 am

We should all appreciate the "ultimate sacrifice" that so many brave men and women of our Military have made over the years-- THAT'S what Memorial Day is REALLY about (It's not just about saving 1/3rd off a brand new sofa bed with matching sheets and pillowcases at the local Mall)... I was thinking to myself, as we are currently witnessing the continuous inept fumbling of those "experts" who still can't plug up that d*rn offshore oil well-- I think to myself, gee whiz, if you just took a few of the kind of men and women who served in World War II-- That's right, the kind of men and women who were part of "Our Greatest Generation", and you gave them the assignment of stopping the leak, I betcha dollars to donuts they'd have that thing plugged up in a matter of hours... Our "Greatest Generation" didn't waste their time trying to come up with "ridiculous hairbrain schemes" that would cost way too much money and not even work-- No Sir-ee Bob!-- The brave and courageous individuals of "Our Greatest Generation" would waste no time in getting down 'n' dirty and straight to the knitty gritty of the problem, they'd do WHAT EVER IT TAKES and get the problem solved-- And they'd do so in a timely fashion-- Yeah, I know, I know, it's a whole new world these days, that's what everyone tells me... But please, please, let's all take a moment to think of those who gave so much, and didn't ever whine or complain about it-- They knew there was a job to do, and by golly, they also knew what they needed to do to get the job done right... Memorial Day should be a day when we all dedicate some time to give solemn remembrance to those members of our U.S. Military who so selflessly sacrificed for all of us... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

WCB

Postby WCB » Sun May 30, 2010 8:25 am

"Once a year, close your eyes,say a prayer and remember me"

Sgt. Mackenzie song
used in We were Soldiers..........

Haunting song that always make me think of those we've lost, ecspecially on Memorial Day
www.wallybell.com

RH

Postby RH » Sun May 30, 2010 9:27 am

God Bless all of those that serve and have served our country.
I'm proud to be an American.

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun May 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks to the fallen for their sacrifices. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sun May 30, 2010 12:13 pm

ImageNever Forget. Image
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

RickO

Postby RickO » Sun May 30, 2010 11:00 pm

I hope most remember why we have freedom, comfort, and safety as we celebrate and remember those who fell for our privlages.
RO
Texas Yankee

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 am

In memory of those gone before and especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice we dedicate this day.
IA AL

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Found this on another forum. It's worth a listen.
http://www.wjbc.com/Tabid/7997/default.aspx?AID=16274
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “What's Up”