Radio Ad For Aug 6th NFCN

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
23t
Radio Ad For Aug 6th NFCN

Postby 23t » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:01 am

Have a listen! Just click on the link and it will play when the page loads!!! ( http://www.nostalgiafunnycarnationals.com/) Thought this was pretty cool! Esspecially with the mention of the Solid Rock Mustang!!!

15 more days!!!! Great times are a come in!!!!! Wooooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!!

Solid Rock

Re: Radio Ad For Aug 6th NFCN

Postby Solid Rock » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm

That ad sure reminds me of the old days when Oswego and US 30 would advertise every week. The Big Animal and Solid Rock were in those ads a lot!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:28 am

Great link Daryl, thanks. Folks make yer plans now, it's worth the drive, two thumbs up. 8) 8) 8)

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:45 am

HOLY COW!!-- THAT'S an incredibly PERFECT radio spot!!... Ya know, the way the ad tells the TRUTH, and informs listeners that they'll actually be seeing 1970's styled Funny Cars is really, really SMART... I see and hear all sorts of backwards buffoonery from clueless people in this scene, who subscribe to a completely deceptive and "smoke & mirrors" marketing approach for the genre, like, uh, don't let the people know they're "nostalgia" Funny Cars-- Hello!-- Give me a break!!-- If you successfully communicate the fact that the cars are really the type from the golden era of drag racing days gone by, THAT'S a major selling point!!-- At E'Town, it's the "NOSTALGIA" SUMMERNATIONALS-- There's nothing to be ashamed of in using the "nostalgia" word (duh!)-- When I'm working the Drag Racing Underground pit tent at this event, so many people tell me how glad they are to see the kind of Funny Cars they remember as a kid, and how they're so happy to now "Be There" with their own kids, and showing them what these cars are about!!-- I mean, all these mental midgets who think they should be "hiding" what these cars really are must be missing way too many brain cells... This radio ad does an incredible job of enticing the listener-- luring the listener in with its true and honest claims of what's gonna be at the event--- I say, PLEASE throw away the "smoke & mirrors" brand of buffoonery marketing we've seen in the nostalgia drag racing genre, and "man-up", and tell people THE TRUTH!!--- Because like they say, "The Truth Will Set You Free"--- AND it will get the people in the grandstand seats who really DO want to see "Nostalgia" 70's style Funny Cars!!--- Don't be a liar-- Tell the truth-- Be honest!!... People DO want to see this stuff, they just need to know that they'll be able to see it at the event!!... Once again, this radio commercial is nothing short of superb!!--- Who ever wrote it and produced it gets my sincerest of admiration-- They really nailed it and I salute them to the maximum... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Todays blog... THIS SUN JULY 24 E-TOWN'S NOSTALGIA SUMMERNATIONALS!!... BE THERE!!...
I "tell it like it is" and "call it what it is"...
http://www.dragracingunderground.com/~d ... &Itemid=27

Please Support Nostalgia Drag Racing at Your Local Track...
In memory of Rick Stambaugh...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 pm

VERY cool radio ad! Thanks for the link, 23t! The Solid Rock Mustang is getting good ink! Go get 'em, Rocky! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Sounds great. Just like it should be. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Thanks, Everyone. I'm having a blast with this car and with the GLNFCC!!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 am

Diana, I think "THE DOC" should cover this race in person. With your love of the nostalgia movement, and Floppers, it's ment to be.
Please give it some thought, you would have a BLAST!!! Come on girl, what do you say?? 8) 8)

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:50 am

Zappy, I am flattered that you think that, and yes, this is the kind of event that I would love to experience, however, with the music thing (BIG STICK) keepin' me extremely busy, my drag racing schedule has become drastically reduced this season, actually, I'm only covering about five events at Raceway Park this year, the smallest amount of races I've covered since starting my drag journalist gig for Drag Racing Underground... I'm sure that there's going to be enthusiastic journalists, photographers, and videographers flocking to this show to give it the coverage it justly deserves... Nostalgia drag racing is going strong, and I believe this particular event will be a most memorable one for the racers and fans... I hope everyone stays safe and has a good time... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Today's Blog... NOSTALGIA SUMMERNATIONALS "MENTAL MIDGET" MISINFORMATION... E-TOWN BIG TIRE OUTLAWS JULY 31ST... AMY WINEHOUSE DIES...
http://www.dragracingunderground.com/~d ... &Itemid=27
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Return to “What's Up”