New race facility in Northern Va?

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
RH
New race facility in Northern Va?

Postby RH » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 am

While all of us here in the mid-atlantic lament the eventual inevitable closing /development of the storied Old Dominion drag/oval complex,the nations longest continuously operating race operation, there is reason to celebrate on the horizon. The current track ownership along with investors is looking to build a new facility in Va.approximately on hour south of DC.The complex is planned to be easily accessable from the I-95 corridor and feature both a 1/2 mile oval and a 1/4 mile dragstrip along with race friendly commercial/retail developement to include dining and lodging interests.

While still in the planning/negotiation phase it is refreshing to hear this news.

The powers to be say this will! happen.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

As a side note,the Old Dominion 60 years of cars and Stars Reunion & Races will take place August 19th,2012.
Hope to see you there.

RH
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

draglist
Site Admin

Re: New race facility in Northern Va?

Postby draglist » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks, Ron. Great news. Besides, Jack had me coming home that way last time anyway! Didn't know there was a way to go South to 95 from Manassas just to get to Maryland, but we found it! :D bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

Hummm, I wonder if it is going to be built over by the Manassas airport where Mr Gore has
property and was going to built a Bristol-Martinsville type track there years ago.
Right beside the new dual-lane Rt 234 between I-95 & I-66.
Jack Approved!

RH

Postby RH » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Hummm, I wonder if it is going to be built over by the Manassas airport where Mr Gore has
property and was going to built a Bristol-Martinsville type track there years ago.
Right beside the new dual-lane Rt 234 between I-95 & I-66.
Uncle Jack,
From what I hear(you can usually throw 99% of that out) there are several locations being talked about but all down near Stafford/fredericksburg.
Between Richmond and DC with only an hour from both? as well as race fan rich SoMd....sounds like a good plan to me!
I'll be happy to see this happen anywhere! in the region :D
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “What's Up”