Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:54 am

Good Monday

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 am

Morning. I don't ever make donuts but I like to put a hurt on a few now and then. :lol:
74/92 with possible storms later today. Yesterday it got up to 94 so we took the day off and kept the couch from flying away. We went to church and afterwards went to see them fire up the DC-3 named "Beach City Baby" at the local Beach City airfield. It has been sitting in one spot for some 20 years and an enthusiast bought it to save a piece of history. (See website below) Today I had to go to the church for some weeding and other landscaping stuff so I headed out at 6:00 and put in several hours before the heat told me to go home. I got home and watered all the flowers as this 90 degree heat is putting a hurt on them. Planted some more flowers and reorganized my hoses with quick-connects so I can pop them on and off at will. Stopped for lunch and decided that the dog needed some company here inside with the AC set to chill and here I iz. :D :D :D

https://www.vintagewingsinc.com/

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:37 am

Morning folkz. 77/82 today and it is raining as I type so I won't have to water the garden today. Called for an oil change on Friday and my buddy told me he won't be in on Friday as he is going to a national motorcycle meet but he told me he would give me the keys to the shop if I wanted. Told him nope so he told me to come over today and I can change it myself while he works on something else. Sounds good to me. Sharon and I went for dinner at a place located on the square of town and watched two guys wandering out in traffic staggering along and irritating a store owner of two women who promptly told them to get on down the road. Free entertainment with dinner and no cover charge!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:58 am

Mornin. Little cooler today with a chance of thunderstorms. The lawn will be grateful, as will the crops that are growing like, well, like corn & beans.
Went to scope out the Superman site last night with the owner. This morning I have to make a scale drawing of the wall soze' his fabricator guy can weld up brackets.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:08 am

Good Morning, it's been hot here for the last few days.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi. Hot and muggy but some rain today. Did the last of four public speaking engagements in the last two weeks today! Thank goodness for that drag racing announcer training. Here's what I do during the day:

https://fcw.com/articles/2018/06/15/dhs ... s.aspx?m=1

See some of you in three weeks (and we all will be missing the rest at the same time). bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 am

Cool Deal, BP got some well deserved ink.

Cooler 71.2°f start to the day after a cooling off rain last night. The trade off is high humidity. Going to see the Kids/Grandkids tonight as they will be gone on vacation by this weekend. Sent off the plans for the Superman wall yesterday, so now it's wait & see what the fabricator comes up with.
Speaking of vacation, I have the (top secret) 43rd Anniversary vacation plans in the books for this year. We've got 20 days blocked out for this year and I have a little over half the time booked solid with fun stuff to see & do. The rest we usually wing it, no booked hotels, no events, just free time, so we can do whatever, whenever.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:25 am

Good Morning,

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi, everyone. Great plan, Gary! Getting ready to pack up this weekend and leave on Sunday or Monday (depends on whether Em visits on Saturday or Sunday for a belated Father's Day visit). Bachelor tonight as Denise and Jason are down at the Kennedy Center seeing the play Hamilton. Denise has been excited about that for a year! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:45 am

Morning. 65/80 today with sunshine. It rained off and on all day yesterday but I got the yard mowed about 1:00 and it was really hot and humid. I need to get my 84 Chevy fleetside and my 85 Astro van started today and move them so I can get my garage doors installed next week. The Astro van may need towed as the brakes are not working well but still they both have to be moved. I need to stop and pickup a carpet cleaner so Sharon can scrub the carpets tomorrow while I wash the windows in our house cleaning mode for the summer. The annual 4th of July party is creeping up on us and we will be busy all that week so we need to get our chores done before that. :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”