Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:14 am

Morning folkz. It was 76 when we got up at 5:30 this morning and the weather report said it was 80 in Cleveland. Temps in the low 90's with RealFeel® of over 100 degrees. I hink I will be inside this afternoon? :shock: Many schools are cancelling classes due to the heat. Yesterday we got the 85 Astro Van mobile so I can drive it and almost got the 84 Chevy pickup done but found out the gas tank brackets are both rusted off where the gas tank straps need to get mounted so back to the drawing board for that. I helped the young guy get his Iphone back up and running and it took the better part of an hour to do. We had a good time with the tech in Florida when I told him I wanted to move there but they won't let me because I know how to shut off my turn signal. I asked him what was his longest session on the phone with a customer and he told me 7 hours with an old gentleman. Whew! Never did get anymore trim work installed but we will get on top of it today when the HEAT sets in. Filling the nail holes will be on the agenda too. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 am

Woke up to 73.9°f and pouring rain this mornin', so the fire house sign is off the schedule, at least for a few hours. Plenty of stuff to get done around here anyway.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:40 am

Another day of rain. 67.5°f. No More drought. Things are getting greener all the time. :mrgreen:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:25 am

Morning. Another sweltering day here in Buckeye Land with a 71 for this morning and a 90 for later this afternoon then rain this evening. Yesterday was a barn burner with a 91 for high and the dew point index was over 70 which they called tropical but I called suffocating. First stop was at the church early in the morning to spray some weeds in the landscaping before the heat set in, stopped at Lowes, picked up some meds for me and had breakfast before coming home to start the work day. Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to want to cooperate? Yep, had one yesterday. It got so bad I just started laughing at all the stupid stuff happening to deter my progress. Oh well you'll have that occasionally but I still got all the trim and baseboard installed and holes filled before evening. Sharon and I lugged the miter saw down the stairs and drug it up to the garage and oh how nice to have a wheeled stand for it rather than man-handling it as that puppy is rather heavy and awkward, even with the stand it is rather top heavy and likes to roll over, fall down and play dead. Something like an old dog that doesn't want to go for a walk!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now I have this image in my head of Jack & Sharon walking the saw down the sidewalk. Saw and stand are rolling downhill, on a leash, with you 2 in tow. :lol: :lol: :arrow:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Jack and Jill... Sharon
Went up the hill er stairs
To fetch a pail of er a miter saw
Jack fell down (as usual) I really think Sharon pushed him?
And broke his crown er the only good knee he had
And Jill.. Sharon came down the stairs laughing so hard she couldn't breath.

And Jill er Sharon is retiring on Friday. I don't have a prayer!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 am

You better straighten up & fly right my friend. If you don't toe the line, she'll smack you so hard, you'll think you got hit with an Impala !! { lol }

You are finally gonna start really enjoying those golden years. I wish you two the very best, safe, healthy, & happy retirement. Now, party on !!
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:14 am

Morning group. Only 70/81 today but it may rain in random locations. Well all the painting is done except two window frames and a door frame which will be knocked out today. All I have to do is hang and put the hardware on a closet door for the finale. We picked up the curtain rods last night and the curtains will be here today. With this project completed all of the upstairs rooms be done and we will have to complete the living room next then the kitchen will be last on the list. I am going to talk to the Amish guy who did my remodel on the house and see if he has any people that do cabinets as none of my kitchen cabinets are the standard size and were stick built on site. I have to weld some metal on to the old gas tank brackets that rusted off on the 84 pickup in order to get the gas tank remounted so we can wrap up that project. Once I get all that done maybe I can take a break?
Not! :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Just got home from a day at the fire house. I wanted to got er done so I wouldn't have to go back tomorrow. Got too many other irons in the fire for tomorrow. Here's the finished sign. Made the steamer logo by taking a go pro photo of the steamer in the show room winder' at the other fire house. it's the original, first unit, the fire dept. ordered back in 1868. I spent the better part of a day on Tuesday photoshopping and warping the fisheye image into shape. Took a team of horses from another steamer image (different model). Cut a silhouette out of composite aluminum to mount the print to.
This job is about a year and a half old. I injured my back on this job (Lifting too much equipment) and had to back away from it for awhile. A few months turned into a few more months. I lettered a couple new ambulances for them awhile back and they mentioned the sign. Sign didn't look too bad from a distance so no one was in a rush to get it done. But times a wastin'. Fall is coming up and we're just a few days over a month from gettin' out of Dodge. Once we get back it'll be November, so I'm glad I have this one off the schedule.
Morris Fire Sign 1.jpg
Morris Fire Sign 1.jpg (469.5KiB)Viewed 998 times
Morris Fire Sign 2.jpg
Morris Fire Sign 2.jpg (313.95KiB)Viewed 998 times
Morris Fire Sign 3.jpg
Morris Fire Sign 3.jpg (230.16KiB)Viewed 998 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:02 am

Morning. Sign was worth the wait me thinkz. 85 today with the humidity setting at 69 so it is almost tropical again. I have some odds and ends to finish on the bedroom remodel today and I have to look at the S 10 as I thought I had a bad tire but it may be a lose adapter. Need to check that out real early as I am scheduled to go up to Sharon's workplace for her party. She doesn't know it but her boss emailed me an invitation. We use to go to breakfast real early before she went to work a long time ago so we started the morning off with breakfast about 5:30 today and I walked her to her car for the last day of work. She got all dressed up so she won't be doing any manual labor today, just talking to all her cronies and celebrating her retirement. We will walk out of there hand in hand to start a new chapter of our life. Gotta go. :D :D :D

If you get a chance text or call her after 11:30, she will be giddy for sure.
I'll send you her phone number.

Return to “What's Up”