Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm

LQQKin' good BP. :idea:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:33 pm

Feeling good, Gary! Wrapped up the work week... did video conferences all day every day. Worked out well. Going to be hunkered down for a while more. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:58 pm

So, we are getting ready for an extended home visit. Went to the local farmer today and got some fresh, grass-fed beef and pork, some eggs, and some local honey. We stocked up last night at the traditional supermarket but they were out of a lot. Tonight for dinner we visited our local steakhouse owner and bought some curbside food to help him keep going in these crazy times. I hope all of you are stocked up and ready to hunker down as necessary. Love to all and I'll be in touch via the Internet! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Yea, things are gettin' slower around here too. Governor imposed a stay-at-home order today/last night. There's a little work, but it is slow for this time of year. Many times I never have a face to face with the customer. They call or email a job, I do the job, Install it or leave it out in the shop for them to pick up and install themselves, then email or snail mail the invoice. So those types of jobs I'll still do. Don't think I'll have customers come in the office for awhile though. Don't want Cheryl to get anything with her not being at 100% yet.
Got the lawn tractor back together today. Called it Troy Re-Bilt. :lol: :lol: I had a bit of trouble with the hood paint so I painted it flat black. Actually kind of works better than red, with the black grill and dash panel. That's going to be my story anyway. :oops: There's a set of wheel covers on the way, should be here mid week if they don't shut down deliveries. Then the ol' mower be stylin'. The grass is starting to turn green & warmer weather is not far off.
Mover rebuild 5.jpg
Mover rebuild 5.jpg (287.79KiB)Viewed 26038 times
Mover rebuild 2.jpg
Mover rebuild 2.jpg (345.57KiB)Viewed 26038 times
Mover rebuild 3.jpg
Mover rebuild 3.jpg (285.67KiB)Viewed 26038 times
Mover rebuild 4.jpg
Mover rebuild 4.jpg (374.38KiB)Viewed 26038 times
Mover rebuild 7.jpg
Mover rebuild 7.jpg (243.69KiB)Viewed 26038 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:19 am

Mornin'. 29°f with clear sunny skies. As Chuck Berry would have said.... "No Particular Place To Go" :?

Cant have a "Hot Rod" without blue dots. :lol: :lol:

I'm so bored. :shock: And I don't have a key for the trunk lock. :arrow: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mover rebuild 8.jpg
Mover rebuild 8.jpg (224.3KiB)Viewed 26003 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:41 am

My son-In_law asked where the sound system was, so I thought I'd install one for him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \\5 speaker Bose system and I threw in a set of ear buds if you want to cancel out a little of the mower noise.
Mower with sound system.jpg
Mower with sound system.jpg (265.24KiB)Viewed 25992 times

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Looks so cool. Did I mention this? Neighbor Wayne has a new grandson that is taking his time (of course!) He has asked to stop doing our lawn, which he was doing for some post-retirement spending money. I need to figure out my next steps. I don't have too much grass, so I'm wondering if they build those old manual ones I used as a kid. I could double as part of an exercise program! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Like this one? https://www.amazon.com/304-14S-14-Inch- ... NrPXRydWU=

I remember mowing the lawn with one of those as a kid. That would be good exercise for sure if my memory serves.

I'm still bored, so I've been hot rodding the lawn tractor with ideas our Son-In-law keeps texting to me. :lol: So far, I've had an answer for each of his ideas. :wink:

We're getting fairly heavy snow right now, enough to cut down on visibility. Got a couple 2''-3" and counting. At 35°f and Spring maybe showing itself sometime soon, it shouldn't last long.

Mower blower.jpg
Mower blower.jpg (256.08KiB)Viewed 25964 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 am

Mornin'. 35°f, with about 4-5" of snow on the ground first thing this morning. That's amazing as it hasn't gotten below freezing even overnight. It's melting fast, there's only and inch or 2 left. Who knows how deep the snow would have been if it hadn't been melting all this time. We're pretty much staying at home, going out for groceries sometime today, but that's about it. Cheryl's April 1 return to work isn't going to happen, so she'll be going into her 7th month off work. She stays in contact with her manager and the office personnel, so they know she intends to come back. Looks like the brick and mortar part of wall street will be closed for the first time today. Strange times we're living in.
I have some signs to do that may go up tomorrow. They're at one of the truck/trailer parking lots. I'll most likely be the only one there, as is usually the case. Just won't be making the usual stop at the truck stop for coffee and a donut on the way home.
We have a good friend that was put in hospice care over the weekend, long fight with cancer. That is a tough situation for friends and family, with all the social distancing.

Added some ABS wheel covers on the mower to set it off a little. Also put a 4 link under it with a modular aluminum rear and and a Danny Miller 9" - 4:10 hogs head w/ spool and 40 spline axles to beef it up a little. :lol: :lol: :lol: Took a photo of the Camaro rear end. Sheet metal on the mower is a little high, so it doesn't line up with the wheels too well. Still looks better than the plain ol' black box I 'hink. I printed the image on reflective white, so it'll light up when car lights hit it. I told Cheryl the rear end serves as a safety devise. She laughed and rolled her :roll: eyes.

Take care, Aug. 1 is a long way off. Hope this is over before DLN' 15.

Mower rear end 1.jpg
Mower rear end 1.jpg (261.74KiB)Viewed 25921 times
Mower rear end 2.jpg
Mower rear end 2.jpg (318.93KiB)Viewed 25921 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:55 pm

O.K. last pix. These are the real wheel covers, not photoshopped. I put reflective red/white/ blue Troy Bilt logos in the centers. This project is done. Just waiting for the grass to turn green.
Mower rear end 4.jpg
Mower rear end 4.jpg (457.95KiB)Viewed 25906 times
Mower rear end 3.jpg
Mower rear end 3.jpg (275.29KiB)Viewed 25906 times

Return to “What's Up”