Pro60s Small World

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Wed May 24, 2006 7:24 pm

I was going to do this in a pm but changed my mind because there is some good information that should be shared.

This is also a reverse shift pattern. When I got this car it was a street car that did part time work on an 1/8th mile strip. I drove it for about 2 months with a similar tranny in it, same type of valve body and everything. The only thing I didn't like was the shifter, so I bought a new one. The car also had 5.44 gears in it, so it didn't go very far. I took it off the street and made it just for the track. I made a grave error while getting it ready. It had solid motor mounts, and I had read somewhere that I should use a solid tranny mount as well. Bad move. After roughly 10 passes someone in the staging lanes noticed some transmission fluid leaking. We brought it back to the pits and jacked it up. The leak was just a line that had come lose, but the reason it came lose was the transmission case had cracked in half!! Afther that, all I heard from everyone was that you never use a solid trans mount if you don't have a full tube chassis. Lesson learned the hard way. That was when I bought the new one. I have a few more extras to throw in with it when the time comes.

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 24, 2006 7:40 pm

And hey... The gate plate to change my pro stick from forward to reverse is only 15 bucks!!!
Something I actually CAN afford. LOL!!
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/dougp1972/Chevy_anim.gif[/img]

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Wed May 24, 2006 7:45 pm

I have the shifter and cable for that also. I'll go look to see what brand it is.

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 24, 2006 7:52 pm

I have the shifter and cable for that also. I'll go look to see what brand it is.

Got a set of heads you want to throw in too? Some notrous parts? a supercharger? I can bring a big truck! :lol:

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Wed May 24, 2006 7:58 pm

When I blew the small block to smithereens, I sold just about everything. The heads were the first thing to go. Funny you should mention a truck, the guy that came just to pick up the heads came here in a Cadillac Escolade. Byt he time we were done loading the stuff he ended up buying, the poor Caddy was a low rider.

I do have plenty of nitrous kits left. hehehe

This is a picture of the interior with the shifter I was using, and you will get.

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 24, 2006 8:19 pm

When I blew the small block to smithereens, I sold just about everything. The heads were the first thing to go. Funny you should mention a truck, the guy that came just to pick up the heads came here in a Cadillac Escolade. Byt he time we were done loading the stuff he ended up buying, the poor Caddy was a low rider.

I do have plenty of nitrous kits left. hehehe

This is a picture of the interior with the shifter I was using, and you will get.

Sweet....
Well, we can maybe talk some nitrous too....
All of the sudden I think the drive line will handle it. :D

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Wed May 24, 2006 8:24 pm

I have everything from an adjustable 125 - 180 Sniper Plate system up to a Pro Race Fogger set-up for up to 500hp. Fuel Pumps, Fuel Cells, electronics to operate everything. Just pick your pain, and we'll go from there.

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed May 24, 2006 8:32 pm

I have no experience with nitrous at all. However, I tend to do my homework pretty good.

I was thinking of a small system, like the sniper you mentioned or a power shot. However, I will need to upgrrade my fuel system with an electric pump, possibly a by-pass regulator (still need to do some homework on that), a WOT microswitch and low fuel pressure cut out.

I am sort of investigating that Zex perimeter plate.

If I were real serious, a bottle heater. Timing retard... there are so many cool go fast gadget out there.

Am I close?

Oh, I do know one thing about it. I watched Pinks once and some little punk said "noss".. The fast and furious movies have ruined America's youth... Noss.... SHEESH!! :shock:

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Wed May 24, 2006 8:36 pm

Doug, when you are ready, I have everything you need, regulators, pressure switches, window switches, solenoids, jets, gaskets, whatever.

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Wed May 24, 2006 8:46 pm

Before you get too excited about spraying an engine, take a look at this video clip from 3 years ago.

Spraying 530 hp from the line.

Pushing a 3660lb car.

Running the engine for the first time to 8500 RPM.

Click HERE

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”