Green Racing's Anglia Gasser

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
greenracing
Re: Green Racing's Anglia Gasser

Postby greenracing » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 am

oh it's bad....
the view that you saw from the outside was quite pretty in comparison :shock:
I'll try to snap some pics tonight.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks for the kind words Jack. It's always good to see you and Sharon at the races.

Runnings Steve's car was fun - I managed an 8.71 - not bad for the first time in someone elses car. Of course Steve put a slobbery tune-up in it to make sure that I didn't run faster than him :lol:

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Did you get my PM Perry?

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Perry, Sharon and I felt so bad about you breaking your car we were at a lose for words but she made an observation that is more important than the car. She said that every time we see you that you have the whole family with you and that says volumes about you. 8) You've mentioned on the board that they are active in other funcitons and that that dictates wether you race or not and yes they are more important than any vehicle. Your kids are getting so big it is unbelievable. The crew chief is at least as tall as you. You better watch out buddy. :lol: We were so happy to see you smiling before we left when you were telling us that your friend wanted you to race his Willys. Good for him. I think we need to make this our annual track meeting as everyone seems to show up at MCR. Car or no car let's do it next year too. Sharon and I are planning something special for next year for everyone and I hope it works out. A special event at the special event. :shock: Sounds like the bigtop, NO? Wheelz here.
Wheelzman is right. NO one likes to see anyone break their car. But very cool you got to run after all.
Now whats this about "something special for next year", Wheelz ???... sounds cool, can I come??

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:15 am

Sorry Perry. Hope things go better soon.
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 am

Parts have gone out - parts are coming in...

After too much thinking, a lot of deliberation, even more thinking, (they tell me I think too much...) I've decided to leave the car and chassis as it is and change engine programs to a small block chevy. :shock: The goal is to stay away from the real expensive stuff - meaning no aluminum blocks and exotic heads and valvetrain. I don't want to put any more weight on the nose of the little car, so that rules out big blocks. I figure an iron small block (with aluminum heads) should weigh a bit less than the Hemi that came out of there.

Most of the early hemi parts have gone off to new homes.

I've got a new iron eagle raised cam block dangling on the cherry picker, a set of used brodix heads are on their way. Other pieces are starting to get organized. It's a royal pain starting up a program for an engine that you have absolutely no peices for. (OK - that's not true - I've got a good starter motor...)

Perry

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:23 am

Cool deal Perry. Are you gonna' make it a short stroke ultra high rev. unit or.......
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm

It will be just as fun to watch! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”