CCM's Next Wheelstander Build

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
23t
Re: CCM's Next Wheelstander Build

Postby 23t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:55 pm

One goota' thing about gettin' old and having memory loss is everything seems new and exciting, ..........even if you just did it a few minutes ago. :D :D :D
Another good way to look at it!!! 8) :lol: :lol: I knew I could count on you guys to get me through this!! :lol:

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Here's the 540 (Joker) cart Zappy. Still have more detail work to do. But I had built the 440 Yamaha a couple years back. It was a extra backup cart. I sold it to a friend not long ago and he came up with the idea to paint the carts with the Batman and Joker. What were shooting for doing some exhibition wheelstanding match races. Or take them to car shows and do some one wheel tire smoking burnouts. The guy that painted the bodies does some excellent air brush work for the price. Amazing!

Batman & Joker Carts 002 Copy.jpg
Batman & Joker Carts 002 Copy.jpg (240.11KiB)Viewed 12961 times
Batman & Joker Carts 003 copy.jpg
540 cc
Batman & Joker Carts 003 copy.jpg (255.97KiB)Viewed 12961 times
Batman & Joker Carts 004 copy.jpg
440 cc
Batman & Joker Carts 004 copy.jpg (243.12KiB)Viewed 12961 times

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Daryl, I'm 25 in my mind, 65 on the body. Body listens to mind and says "Does not compute!" :D

Body has to do what your Garmin keeps saying, Recalulate-Recalculate....... :shock: :lol:

Hahahhahaha!!!!! How often do you have to retrace your steps? Sometimes i'll be working on a cart, walk 15' to my toolbox to get a tool and forget what I went there to get. :roll: Then have to go back and think what tool was I needing!! Is oldtimers starting to set in???

I'm getting so bad I have to write myself notes when I go to the toolbox .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:02 am

Love the fire commin out the zoomies on the side. 8) 8) Wheelstand match race is GREAT, and the car showes.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:21 am

Very cool, like the theme! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 am

Say Daryl, any news on the 750 super cart???
did the shifter work ??? - 750 cc's how much HP do they put out ???? are ya near testing yet??? Noise...at 13,000rpm I bet you get the noise you want.

23t

Postby 23t » Thu May 12, 2011 5:54 am

Say Daryl, any news on the 750 super cart???
did the shifter work ??? - 750 cc's how much HP do they put out ???? are ya near testing yet??? Noise...at 13,000rpm I bet you get the noise you want.
Long way to go till testing. The engine/swingarm is bolted to the chassis and the rear struts are mounted. It's going to be a hardtail!! Tested the shift setup while the engine was still in the bike. It worked there so it should work in the cart. Just like a bike though, will either have to let off the throttle for a split second or slip the clutch so it will ingage into the next gear.

HP? From what I read the 750 puts out 118hp @ 11,500rpm. 57.9 ft.lbs @ 9500 RPM. :D

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Thu May 12, 2011 6:00 am

for the shifter to work we used to set a relay up so when you hit the shifter switch it killed the ignition for a split sec and allowed the gears to change without load on them ( you want to interrupt the coil circuit only ) . it doesn't take much as the gear faces are dogged to do this . but only on the upshift side . your still going to have to use a manual clutch to down shift as your going to have to raise the rpms otherwise you will skid the tires . could rig a foot cluch like a peterbilt as they are on the floor instead of the firewall and cable operated .

23t

Postby 23t » Thu May 12, 2011 8:27 am

kill? This bike had the kick stand kill so I wired it up to the shifer upshift relay so that when I hit the shift button it kills the engine. Not for sure but that should be hooked to the coils, right?
And yes, got what you mean on how the Pete clutch is. This is direct chain drive to the input shaft on the rear so I'm going to fab a clutch pedal and linkage. With using the hand lever from the bike if I can. It's going to be tight at the front of the engine. Accel cables, brake cables, clutch cable and radiator hoses. That all will be close to the zoomie pipes. Plan is to wrap the pipes with header wrap so I don't need to worry about anything melting. But I've never used the stuff before so I hope that works.

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 pm

I boo boo'd next page please ... :mrgreen:
Last edited by stimpy on Thu May 12, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”