Waaay Northeast Drag Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Maritime Drag Racing
Waaay Northeast Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:52 pm

Pretty busy tonight processing pics and updating the website so I'll just re-post what I put on the Maritime Drag Racers Message Board:

Lots of Gamblers race action at Cape Breton Dragway today: Quick 32 went to Richard Boyd over Frank Banks - Dennis Harrietha and John MacKinnon split 3rd place. Regular Gamblers final was Vaughn Boone over John Turnbull - Bike/Sled went to Kevin King over Glen Frizzell - Junior Dragster Gamblers Race was won by Hillary Capstick over Matt MacLean. A couple of Cape Breton Dragway track records to report with both honours going across the Cabot Strait to Newfoundland: Dave Anthony lowered the record three times ending up with a best of 7.36 @ 186.73 MPH. Another Newfoundland racer Dave Powell Jr set the record for a doorslammer at 7.58 @ 179.99 MPH with a bit of wheelspin. Lots more action tomorrow with ADRA and Cape Breton Dragway points and double payouts. Gates/Tech open at 8:00 AM - Time Trials till noon - Eliminations at 1:00PM

Here's a few pics from Saturday afternoon - enjoy!!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:18 pm

:D wow the red/white 56 chevy with the clouds behind it !! great shot !!
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:23 pm

And almost looks like Clyde in the left side background, too!!......Yer right , Doc...Great Pic!!!
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:46 pm

:shock: I like the 55 Chebbie (naturally) with the Chevy emblem louvered into the front of the hood. :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Nice looking machinery, Maritime. Man, I sure wish I had one percent of the worth of all the drag cars on this continent!!! :lol: bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:56 pm

Sunday Results
It was a WET morning at Cape Breton Dragway but it cleared up in time to get a couple of time trials in for each class and eliminations got underway just after noon. Records continued to fall today with Dave Anthony pushing the track record to a 7.281 @ 187.50. Dave Powell Jr lowered the doorslammer ET record to 7.537 and Gord MacDonald reset the track record for Sleds with a blistering 8.38 @ 156.80.
Final results:
Super/Pro(11.49 & quicker)
1. Frank Banks
2. Ryan MacNeil
3. John MacKinnon
4.Faber Mackie

Pro class(11.50 - 13.49)
1. Rob Baxter
2. Bill Sheppard
3. Malcolm Lewis
4. Gordon Chase

Street class(13.50 and slower)
1. Marie Myers
2. Kevin Polegatto
3. Henk Neisten
4. Greg Mitton

Bike/Sled(all run)
1. Steve O'Handley
2. Joe O' Brien
3. Kevin King
4. Ron Dominix

Jr Dragsters
1. Hillary Capstick
2. Jordan Poirier
3. Mary Elizabeth Roach

Got some pretty good pics today too - soon as I get 'em processed I'll add them to this thread. Next week a few of us make our annual pilgrimage to Raceway Park, Prince Edward Island for the Labour Day Weekend Bracket Bash. Really looking forward to that since all I have to do is be Crew Chief for a couple of Super/Pro cars - no Tech work, no crowd control, no setup or teardown, nobody in my face demanding a re-run, and no cleaning up oildowns. For once I might actually have some fun.........

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:43 pm

:shock: I like the 55 Chebbie (naturally) with the Chevy emblem louvered into the front of the hood. :D :D
There were a few nice details on that 55. It's surprising that it looks so clean since he drives it every day when it's not snowing LOL. I don't think this tail light is stock either.

Buffjhsn

Postby Buffjhsn » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:47 pm

those are some very nice cars. i like the tail light as well. pretty cool!
The Price Of Progress Is Trouble!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Very Cool, thanks for the info and the great photos!! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:31 pm

As promised we have some photos from Sunday. They're not "action" shots since I'm usually rushing through the starting line/staging lanes/pits area to deal with typical "running the place" chores and don't have the time to wait for that perfect photo-op.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”