Slick Vic/ Veneys Vega/ "Stained Class" A/Fuel Injected Nitro

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
stimpy
Re: Vics Vega/ Slick Racing

Postby stimpy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 am

execllent read and photos, ther Vic , sounds like another for Nitro's anyonouousmnoih.... Dam... nitro addicts class.. ( had a Mell Tillis moment)
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

bojangies46

Postby bojangies46 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 am

Very cool read Vic--THANKS----BO 8)
There is only one fuel NITRO

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:04 pm

I was surprized to see you on the track Saturday,after the damage Friday.Glad you could get it fixed,and had people to help.It was my intention to come by on Saturday,but too much walking Thurs & Friday,my arthritis in my legs made for a bad morning.Dave helped me to the top of the stands,and I sat on my fat ass all day. :mrgreen: The car got a lot of positive attention from the people around me.What a fun event!

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks BOYD,.and to everyone else for their kindness and cheers, it truley was a sensation.
Yes Saturday was a real disapointment, and was to be the biggest day to run the Veneys Vega, it was a shame the motor drowned,but
I did hustle to get it flushed and nack in line, but to no prevail I was denied,..1,000 nds on hand I missed the big one.
Usually in the past 2 I have brought my car we have ran in the early morning but apparently the chrr had their act together and called Exhibition back
twice each day,..I was not ready for this and was either away hanging in Clints pit, or like on sunday draining the fuel and loading for home. They called
exhibition back to the lanes at like 2:30 on sunday just as I dumped the fuel,.and I was like perfect,...I made 2 out of a possible 5 runs,.OMG..snooze you loose.

Thanks Again Draglist.com

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

F/C Girl

Postby F/C Girl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:34 am

It sounds like you had a GREAT TIme Vic!! Good for you, the pictures are really good!!!!

hopefully, we'll see each other next year!!
Nancy Matter
Nancy Matter Racing, Inc.
http://www.nancymatterracing.com

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Just read on Facebook that Vic has sold Veney's Vega and
it's new home will be in St. Marys, Ohio.
Vic is shopping for his next race car.
IA AL

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Congrats and regrets. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:35 am

What BP said. He put his heart and soul into the car. It came out so nice. But, his real dream is a raceable funnycar,,,so onward and upward Vic!!! :D

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Yes, Al speaks the truth,..... :shock:

I have sold the Veneys Vega as a roller, I still own the motor and tranny and such. It is a little disapointing that I let it go but as Randy
has stated I have a dream goal to achieve, and with that some period correct Blown Nitro funny car has my name on it for the future.
The New owner is Bill Lininger(sp) who left last night/this morning 12:30 am to make the 2400 mile trek back to St. Mary`s Ohio drove away with truley my proudest accomplishment that I have done with a car to date. The Veneys Vega was absolutly a blast and that car was extremely fun to drive and many that saw and watched the runs I have made with it felt the excitement as well as I did.
My task at hand now is ,...I am waiting to hear back with bids to finally pour some concreate for my 40x50 shop that I have had sitting in my yard
now for four years, will it get built we will see, but the left over money will go to buy the correct funny car chassis/roller that will suit me and my needs for
running a fuel motor,..the shop/chassis will either work out, or the bids will be way too much ,which if that is the case I am going to go buy this turn key fuel Altered(maybe,..if it is what the say it is, and the equiptment and parts are not all used up) and go get a vega body to mount on it.
If I score the aa/fa it will have everything that would normally or might take me and my money, or lack of, 3 to 5 years top put together, so its kinda of a , I better jump on this idea before it is gone, and then I will work on inspecting everything, getting the recerts done, buying a -20 suit, new fresh air helmet, gloves and such and make a few laps as a Altered,..oh yea renew my nhra membership and license...lol...after some runs then I will move forward with shortning the chassis, cage and mounting a vega body,..the fuel altered motor combo has ran 6.34@220 which is exactly the et and speed I am satisfied with.
The spirit and true passionation for the 1970`s funny cars will continue to be supported, and relived threw my actions and I hope it will be even greater success than the Veneys Vega was/is. The Veneys will recieve a medium to healthy BBC with Jackson stack injection, along with the correct clutch turbo 400, and shall get displayed at reunions, Nostalgia events as Bill can attend on his schedule, the Veneys Vega has been retired as a race car and now shall live out the rest of its life as a museum/cackle car,..AS IT SHOULD BE, with the exception that if he did want to get it down the track, I told him I would fly out to be the one to drive.... 8)
So with that said I have a placed an order of Veneys T`s to distribute to those who are long awaited and overdue.

Talk atcha soon.

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 pm

sorry to hear you sold it after refurbishing it to like it was when new . but its nice to see it won't get wrecked or blown up in the future . and now you can play a little harder .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”