Clyde, Patch, Iron Pegasus

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
pro70z28
Re: Clyde, Patch, Iron Pegasus

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Sorry Billy.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 am

Sorry to hear that Billy

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:34 am

I guess now begins the..."Parts Chase Hustle"... I know I'm preachin to the choir here...but what the heck...it's only money :roll:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 pm

WOW,.....

Sorry to hear about your carnage Billy,..sounds like you wound her up tighter than a southern fried chicken.

Hope you get her back together real soon.

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry to hear that happened, Billy. That was a good motor. I know this time is a bummer, but what I can offer is that it was the motor, not the whole car. Good luck on finding a new engine. I believe in you and I believe you'll find one and make it run great. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 am

At least that chicken would taste good, Vic...right now things are kinda hard to swalla :roll: ... Thanks, Cat :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 am

long...soul searching exhalation of breath...(complete with pensive expression on kisser...) Sometimes, it just don't pay to get outta bed. Case in point, Saturday morning. After waking up and finding out that somebody besides me had won that big ol' lottery (three somebodys) Tim and I started moving things around the yard to, one get his Camaro unloaded from the trailer and back in his temp controlled shop and, two, to get Peggy out of her rolling barn so I could finish getting the wounded chunk of cast iron out of the frame rails. That particular task went by pretty unremarkably... but then we needed to get my rolling chassis Back in the barn.

Tim fired up his four wheeler and pulled up to the back bumper of Peggy. He loudly asked..."You Ready? I replied..."Yeah...Go ahead." He asked again..."Are you SURE your Ready??" I replied..."Hit It". :arrow: The concept was to push Peggy into the barn with the four wheeler, so we didn't have to hand push uphill on the ramp door of the trailer...and it worked...sorta. Tim had put the four wheeler in four wheel drive and when I said Hit It...he Did. Wide Open! Those knobby tires, front and rear, pawed at that broom finished concrete like a raging bull...the engine rpm's climbing pretty impressively and Peggy was headed back in the barn...then there was a sudden and very loud...WHAMM!!! and all I could see was stars. Tim agitatedly shouted the question..."What the *^*% did You HIT!!??" Turns out..."I" didn't hit anything...Peggy's headers (that I had zip tied up to the chassis and those small zip ties failed) had dropped down and ran into the ramp door of the trailer, thus haulting any and all forward motion. The next thing I knew, I had jumped out of the driver's side to see what had happened, and had to pick a quickly leaking torque converter off the ramp door. (Great...trans fluid everywhere...) Then I noticed what had happened...Both headers are now equipped with crushed, collapsed, krinkled and closed tubes: one on the driver's side and two on the other side...(I know...I'm just Fulla Good News)

Then I heard something that I had not heard in a L O N G time...Tim, laughing hissef stupid... Literally with tears in his eyes... He said that Peggy's rear end came completely off the ground and the whole car went a little sideways on the ramp door. In the car...I was sitting on the front edge of the seat, leaning up so I could see both the front tire and the narrow ramp/extension ...upon the sudden stop of forward momentum, my wee, wittle chin whacked the steering wheel (and still hurts like the dickens). Tim's wife, Sharon, came runnin out the house, yelling "What Happened?? " (She had heard the four wheeler's engine rev and then a loud WHAM and thought she felt the house shake...) Then she was laughing as hard as Tim...I, on the other hand was rubbing my sore chin and thinkin..."well....Damn!"

Why izit...that when I am part of something really funny (or reaaaallly stupid) that there is never a video camera handy, focused and filming?? I never figured I would need my helmet and seatbelts just to load a dadgum racecar back in a trailer! Guess I need to check to see if my chin bent my steering wheel... sighhhh...Murphy Strikes again...
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm

DAMMITBOY!

Billy, I don't believe in reincarnation, but if it did happen, I'd bet with your luck you'd probably come back as yourself! :shock:
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 am

Hmmm...Come back as myself? A chance to "do it all over again"?, (with undoubtably the same outcome...) With the exception of a few date night encounters :wink: :twisted: nahhh... think I'll pass. Once around THIS life is quite enough :shock:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Well boys and girls...my truck is now officially named, Clyde Junior.....

Yesterday, I was having major "issues" with my alternator, and needed to get to my buddy Tim's shop, over in Bainbridge, to get a new (to me anyway) alternator from a salvage yard. Hooking my battery charger up got me started, AFTER another buddy of mine had to go get it from my house and bring it to me at my mom's. However, the idiot light on the dash was tellin me there was only 8 volts bein generated for the battery....hmmmm....what to do??....DING DING DING! Memory banks opened up and gave me the answer....Generator, Battery Charger....ahhhh....Trip to Gainesville all over again.
Not surprisingly, it works just as good today as it did back in 2002. Got me to Bainbridge with no other problems. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with the Bumpity bumpity bumps this time.

Can, or will, anyone let me text you a pic (or 3) to be posted here....I'll let yall see Clyde Senior's markings as well as Junior's new i.d. (that I just applied this morning)
gimme a call or a text to 229-220-0178....Thanks in advance
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”