Draglist Nationals 2014

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
pro70z28
Re: Draglist Nationals 2014

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Yup Jack, planing for DNL's 10 starts tomorrow, or yesterday. We had a great time & plan to be back in 2015. It should be monumental. :mrgreen:

DC1SM.jpg
DC1SM.jpg (48.36KiB)Viewed 10999 times
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

What a time!!! Where to start?? First a big thankyou to Denise & BP for making this so wonderful. Got home about 12:45 Mon. totaly wore out.
Did not see one car go down the dragstrip...............and don't care. We had a great time wlking the pits together, we enjoyed the excelant accomadations,
we got to see BP make the inductions, had a super lunch. Whats not to like.?? Sure a race would have been nice...but the rain didn't ruin anyones good time.

Besides, like Gorilli said, we wouldn't have had the second picnic / concert. I want tostop right here and thank Daryl (youngin) & WildCat (John) for their
talent playing and singing for us. THANK-YOU!!!

Gorilli I told you BP had a great bunch of folks on the site, but it's kind of thing that is hard to describe "YOU HAD TO BE THERE" rings true. The love, the laughs,
conversation, sharing....

So many special moments, getting to introduce "M" to the guests via vid-chat (skype) was a lot of fun, getting to see Bunny again, (we've kinda adopted her-or has
she adopted us?), getting to meet Barb, (she was on my to meet bucket list) very interesting to talk with, wish I had more time, JASON at breakfast was a great
suprize, got to meet TIM, and Wayne (next door neighbor) both super guys.

BP's tour guide was outstanding, Denise singing voice out of this world. The banner that Pro-Z made as always was super.

SO much more to tell, but Im TTTT (to tired to type) right now. All I can say is....if you were there, you understand, if not,............. YOU HAD TO BE THERE.
You've got 1 year notice as of now.

OhioDave

Postby OhioDave » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Just wanted to add that even with only 30 min of on track action and only 40 pics on the Nikon DLN9 was a blast here too. A big thanks to BP & Denise for hosting. Was great seeing the usual cast of characters and finally meeting JB, Danny,Gina, Denise and Barb S. Danny..... Pics we talked about will be on way soon. BP I've got one more race for u this year Shakedown @ The Summit in Oct. C U all later
OD

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm still searching for words, but it's what I feel more than what I could say after this experience that will stay with me. Every one of you is special and I will never forget the last 4 days. Thank you BP and Denise, Wheelz and Sharon, Boyd and Susan, Daryl and Heidi, Zappy and Linda, Gary, Cheryl and Jeff, BARB, Ohio Dave, Jason, Emily, Danny and Gena, Tim and Wayne, Royce Miller, Dale Broderick and Ellen McAuliffe, Bunny Burkett, Johnny Rocca, the lady who fell asleep on my shoulder on the way to Baltimore, and Matilda. Debby and I will be there next year, we're way past due for a second honeymoon, and the Comfort Inn looked just right for us. She's been busy on the phone with her birthday, which is today, so I haven't had much of a chance to tell her what I just did. If the DLNs 10 will be anything at all like 9 was, it will be something I will look forward to and work towards every year. DragList is awesome. Best to all, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:36 am

Great time is all I can say. Enjoyed meeting the people that I hadn't met before and I must say all of the ladies are super cool! Barb, Sue, Cheryl, Gena and Denise (plus Linda and Sharon who I already know) were all fun to hang out with and laugh with. And Sue has great taste in bling. :wink:
My favorite moments other than hanging with the people were going into DC, the nighttime tour by BP and walking up the steps and into the Lincoln monument at night...absolutely breath taking! But the plane flying at us over the top of the monument really startled me at first, I had no idea that they did this and the hair on my arms stood straight up! Visiting Arlington on September 11th made it feel even more special I think, the ceremonies were very interesting to watch and when the men rode right in front of us on horses pulling a casket behind them on a wagon from a funeral that was going on, well lets just say that it is very emotional. Riding the trolley was a great idea, got to see a lot of things you wouldn't see if you were trying to drive around the city! And our evening jam sessions with Cat, BP and Daryl were pretty fun too.
So yeah, we had a great time and will definitely do it again....Daryl even said so. And I have witnesses to that fact.

PS - Thanks to BP and Denise for inviting all of us into their home and making us feel so welcome.
And I'm waiting to see the pics that Gary and Gena share....I now have lens envy thanks to them.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Thanks for all the great comments, folks. We sure did have a great time. We were proud to host our friends and we had a great time doing it! I love showing off DC and I really do enjoy it because I never take the time to see the sights until friends come! Looking forward to the next one... the Big Number 10 will be truly MONUMENTAL! LOL... Zappy said that but had no idea of the connotation with the national monuments when he said it! It's the perfect slogan! Thanks to Royce Miller for pitching in with his personal tower suite and a 'great deal' on admission for the Super Crew! I am really looking forward to seeing all the photos! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:17 am

We landed in Seattle 2 hrs ago. Staying the night. Will drive home tomorrow

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 am

bp is there anyway we can send Royce and email to thank him for his generosity?
We would have been a bunch of drowned rats if we had to be out in the weather. :(

23t

Postby 23t » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:58 am

bp is there anyway we can send Royce and email to thank him for his generosity?
We would have been a bunch of drowned rats if we had to be out in the weather. :(
Maybe try this one Wheelz............... rmiller@mirdrag.com :wink:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Jeff got 3-d glasses for his Smart phone today. Last Saturday before we left the track he took a 360° image of the track that the phone stitched together. Now with the 3-d glasses you can see a 3-d image of the track. If you spin around it's just like your standing behind the water box. Look down at the ashphalt up at the sky to your right to look at the tower, etc.
What will they 'hink of next. :lol: Just needs a nitro ''stratch N' sniff'' pouch on the side & you're there. :mrgreen:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “Draglist Nationals”